BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

I hope this doesnt get bushed under the carpet and forgotten about in a few weeks. These scumbags have turned the international tournaments into a farce, seriously how fooking stupid of an idea is it to hold the world cup in Qatar, there's no logic behind at all its just purely to line their pockets and something else for these saudi rich boys to brag about bagging with their mega bucks.

whats Saudi got to do with it?

• Replies 471
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What's the betting that Blatter is coated in Teflon? I'd put money on him coming out of this unscathed.The whole setup is rotten to the core...

Would not surprise me if he's sacrificed some of his foot soldiers to save his own skin. Wonder if the FBI will release details of all the off shore transactions to do with football to other relevant authorities.

I hope the FBI and Swiss authorities are finally able to root out the corruption which is rampant in FIFA.

I found it curious that the 14 people indicted were such a diverse group. Part of me thinks that this was intentional, as each may be able to roll over on many other corrupt officials from their parts of the world and there are 14 different roads leading back to Blatter.

Here's an excellent timeline of the FIFA mess: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/11631651/US-senators-call-for-Sepp-Blatter-to-be-ousted-as-head-of-Fifa.html

Here's hoping that Prince Ali Bin Al Hussein of Jordan wins the FIFA presidency.

• Backroom

Blatter will win the election, unfortunately, no question about that.

FIFA needs to be completely dismantled, as an organisation it's far too tainted. Football needs an entirely new Governing body which is accountable to an independant review process and cannot elect leaders for life, like Blatter.

Hopefully there is enough evidence to burn FIFA to the ground.

I hope the FBI and Swiss authorities are finally able to root out the corruption which is rampant in FIFA.

I found it curious that the 14 people indicted were such a diverse group. Part of me thinks that this was intentional, as each may be able to roll over on many other corrupt officials from their parts of the world and there are 14 different roads leading back to Blatter.

Here's an excellent timeline of the FIFA mess: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/11631651/US-senators-call-for-Sepp-Blatter-to-be-ousted-as-head-of-Fifa.html

Here's hoping that Prince Ali Bin Al Hussein of Jordan wins the FIFA presidency.

Good point, they caught a number of Latinos in this.

The two awards of the World Cup to Qatar and to Russia were dubious.

It's come out that prison labour might be working, building stadiums for the World Cup in Russia: http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/early-lead/wp/2015/05/26/russia-might-use-prison-labor-to-keep-world-cup-costs-down/

I don't want to judge, the labour situation was an issue in Brazil and currently in Qatar as well.

The last World Cup was very good; otherwise, 2010 had sham refereeing. 2014, still had a little of that in favour of Brazil.

It can be run better.

I'm wondering if the charges could have been motivated some. I mean why is the FBI going after people in Switzerland? I think FIFA needs to be gone after mind you, I'm just not sure of the pretense.

I'm wondering if the charges could have been motivated some. I mean why is the FBI going after people in Switzerland? I think FIFA needs to be gone after mind you, I'm just not sure of the pretense.

I think the FBI has a pretty good case of jurisdiction. Here's an article that references some of the high points. http://edition.cnn.com/2015/05/27/football/fifa-corruption-charges-justice-department/

There could be a political component also, as I know more than one US Senator has called on FIFA to clean up its act and get rid of Blatter.

But I think the most critical component is Garcia. He's the former US District Attorney whose report on the problems within FIFA that Blatter swept under the rug. Big mistake. Garcia is close Comey (the FBI director) and Lynch (the recently appointed US Attorney General). If anyone short of the President can get the FBI and US law enforcement involved, it's Garcia.

Didn't know where to post this. This isn't related to the corruption charge but it needed hearing nevertheless.

Today, there was a major outcry here in India over migrant worker conditions in Qatar. Reportedly tens of thousands of people from different nations have died due to improper living conditions and it's being reported that they are not even being paid. Their passports have been seized and they're not being allowed to come back it seems. And, with summer setting in 441 workers from india and Nepal have reportedly died recently and the British journalist who covered this and filmed the workers' living areas was arrested? WTF? This was covered on primetime national television here in India and a lot of questions were being raised. India's external affairs ministry is reportedly going to carry out an investigation as well it seems. Not related to corruption but it does raise a stink, I guess. They're boasting about this being the richest world cup ever and they don't even pay the workers building the stadiums? Sick stuff. There were photos of their dwellings and a few first-hand accounts which shocked me. These people really don't give two fecks about how a world cup should be hosted. All they care about is their country's image which is down the gutter now.

I do not for the life of me understand why the 'big' nations do not simply pull out of the various confederations and set-up a new 'clean' world cup organization. The sponsors will follow, as these guys simply go where the audience go. The African and Asian confederations might be happy with a corrupt FIFA but they can't put on a decent competition without the compliant nations. The supporters of these African and Asian nations would still rather tune into Germany Vs. Italy than China vs. Ghana.

That said the fact that the national federations continue to sit on FIFA committees knowing it is foul and corrupt organization is equally as despicable in my eyes. The odious stench may be milder at the national level but its clear its still there. They might be at the back of the queue for the trough but they are far too scared to walk away just in case they get a sniff...

That's why FIFA will continue, why Blatter will continue and why nothing will change.

These are all minor players really.

First and foremost, we need Blatter's head on a platter.

Deep fry it and you would have Blatter on a platter in batter. Oh is doesn't matter!

Didn't know where to post this. This isn't related to the corruption charge but it needed hearing nevertheless.

Today, there was a major outcry here in India over migrant worker conditions in Qatar. Reportedly tens of thousands of people from different nations have died due to improper living conditions and it's being reported that they are not even being paid. Their passports have been seized and they're not being allowed to come back it seems. And, with summer setting in 441 workers from india and Nepal have reportedly died recently and the British journalist who covered this and filmed the workers' living areas was arrested? WTF? This was covered on primetime national television here in India and a lot of questions were being raised. India's external affairs ministry is reportedly going to carry out an investigation as well it seems. Not related to corruption but it does raise a stink, I guess. They're boasting about this being the richest world cup ever and they don't even pay the workers building the stadiums? Sick stuff. There were photos of their dwellings and a few first-hand accounts which shocked me. These people really don't give two fecks about how a world cup should be hosted. All they care about is their country's image which is down the gutter now.

I think it is relevant, I saw a story that Nepalese workers in Qatar were not allowed to go back and grieve over families back in Nepal over the earthquake.

http://www.sportingnews.com/soccer/story/2015-05-26/fifa-qatar-world-cup-migrant-workers-nepal-earthquake

I know FIFA began in 1908 or somewhere way back then, but definitely needs to polish itself up.

I do not for the life of me understand why the 'big' nations do not simply pull out of the various confederations and set-up a new 'clean' world cup organization. The sponsors will follow, as these guys simply go where the audience go. The African and Asian confederations might be happy with a corrupt FIFA but they can't put on a decent competition without the compliant nations. The supporters of these African and Asian nations would still rather tune into Germany Vs. Italy than China vs. Ghana.

That said the fact that the national federations continue to sit on FIFA committees knowing it is foul and corrupt organization is equally as despicable in my eyes. The odious stench may be milder at the national level but its clear its still there. They might be at the back of the queue for the trough but they are far too scared to walk away just in case they get a sniff...

That's why FIFA will continue, why Blatter will continue and why nothing will change.

It takes catastrophic events to do something unfortunately; maybe this can be a start.

Down will go the US on FIFA's totem pole but the stories seem to say the Swiss are bringing charges too.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-32902076

whats Saudi got to do with it?

Sorry My mistake, but anybody with half a brain could get the gist of what i was saying, allroverasia got my point, he was only putting me straight on the facts(which is appreciated) and as if you'd have known the diff if he hadnt pointed it out.

• Backroom

I do not for the life of me understand why the 'big' nations do not simply pull out of the various confederations and set-up a new 'clean' world cup organization.

Pigs and troughs come to mind...

Sorry My mistake, but anybody with half a brain could get the gist of what i was saying, allroverasia got my point, he was only putting me straight on the facts(which is appreciated) and as if you'd have known the diff if he hadnt pointed it out.

No matter how you say sorry for a mistake you can't do it without being a f keaner can you. I don't know the difference ? Oh ok then for @#/? sake

I cannot visualise the current President of FIFA not knowing where every single Dollar of FIFA cash is and where and how it's spent.

Hopefully the whole house of cards will tumple and the Joker at the top hit the floor hard.

Exactly. His position must be untenable. Either you are incompetent for the misappropriation of £150 million around an organisation which you preside over OR you are having a slice. Rather amazed that thursdays election has not been cancelled.

No idea really how they work but couldn't uefa withdraw all links with FIFA? Seems most of the dodgepots are from minor nations or 3rd world countries anyway.

Archived