BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] King leaves for Bournemouth

Did Hoilett not go to a tribunal? How much was the fee we ended up getting for him? I don't know why but I was thinking it was around 3/4 million but I'm not 100%, and for someone who had been a regular starter in the prem for 2 seasons before leaving compared to King we should probably be getting around 1 or 2 million if that's how the system works?

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nothing has ever epitomised hypocrisy than Jason Roberts on Match of the Day (FA Cup) saying 'If you're Rudy Gestede you should be finishing that'....

I think he's caveated that perfectly. ^_^

Did Hoilett not go to a tribunal? How much was the fee we ended up getting for him? I don't know why but I was thinking it was around 3/4 million but I'm not 100%, and for someone who had been a regular starter in the prem for 2 seasons before leaving compared to King we should probably be getting around 1 or 2 million if that's how the system works?

Think they paid up just before it went there.

Surely the fact we bought him from Man U rather than schooled him from age 12 in our Academy will decrease the money we are due?

Plus the fact we hardly played him.

Happy for anything above £1/2m to be honest.

The difference between J son Roberts and King is that J Rob never had good feet... He used what he had and had a great career considering his limitations... He also scored over 150 goals

Ricky Lambert didn't score regularly until he was in his mid twenties and I'm sure there are plenty of others.

King looked awful against Carlisle but brilliant against Swansea and Stoke. An extended run of games and confidence I think he'll do well.

A big plus for Bournemouth is that they will be on the defensive a lot in the Prem and having his breakaway pace will help a lot. Also one of the biggest plusses of having him in any team is the risk teams take if they play a high back line against him a la the FA cup games.

It will mean nothing if he can't stay fit though...

Regarding the tribunal fee I can't see it being high as how much can you really argue for a mid table championship player that isn't a first choice starter?

• Backroom

I wouldn't say King has great feet, he's just fast. If he got injured and lost a yard of pace he'd never be a PL player. I don't think he has the on-pitch intelligence to significantly improve technically, however if he does then he should be a PL mainstay for many years.

• Moderation Lead

As others have said, King's pace will be a great outlet for counter attacking football in the PL, but he'll probably show similar levels of consistency to what he did here, barring a miracle.

I still think he'll be a mainstay in the PL for years though, pace is such a valuable asset in today's game.

• Moderation Lead

Ings is really not that good. Burnley should have their hand off for £6mill.

Will be somewhere around £8 Million if I had to guess, outrageous though if it goes through.

Can't blame Burnley for pushing for as much as possible mind!

There is some sort of formula that they use and in respect of Ings, and any other English based player who has come through the ranks and is subject to the rules, the price is usually in favour of the selling club.

I bet burnley will see a half decent payment for Ings, maybe not £8m but it will be a suitable sum. As for King, again I don't believe the fee will be above £3m,

I think 8 out of 10 clubs always get an agreement in the end.

I don't see why fans rate King.

A one trick pony. Head down, lots of pace and sod all skill and no idea of what is going on across the rest of the pitch.

He was rubbish in the Championship, how people have come to the conclusion he'll be great in the Premiership is baffling to me.

If he does turn out to be good he should pay his wages back to us, because he was obviously swinging the lead for most of him time here :rock:

I don't see why fans rate King.

A one trick pony. Head down, lots of pace and sod all skill and no idea of what is going on across the rest of the pitch.

I'd take lots of pace and sod all skill for what we have now.... Sod all.

Archived