BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] King leaves for Bournemouth

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Like how people on here slag him off, yes he had injuries and flaws but the lad still had plenty of time to develop as he's only 23 and a full international. On occasion has shown what he can do, he was given a fair chance to impress at the end of last season and was unplayable... Next season starts and he's on the bench.

So quite right, lets not stop the truth getting in the way of bashing Bowyer because in this instance he's had an absolute shocker.

Bowyer out.

Was asked by another poster - which would you have dropped to play him in his favoured position Rhodes or Gestede ?

King has had extended periods in the side under Bowyer - but then always got injured.

Personally i would have liked to keep him - but in truth he didn't play enough to be considered a loss.

• Backroom

Rhodes if we are facing a top team that will push us up to the half way line and try to play in our half.

We will rarely rarely play teams in the Championship who do this, which is part of the reason King hasn't been of any use to us. If he can stay fit at Bournemouth he may benefit them when they're playing the top 8 or so in the PL, who will push Bournemouth back into their own half.

With FFP , rovers can only Blame themselves he's moved on .

rarely played under Bowyer , a good game in the cup and rovers decide they now want to keep him, Too little too late .

He's never had a sustained run in the side, so if I think he'd of left this summer to anyone offering first team football , or indeed a Premiership team .

His comments to the Norwegian press last week summed up what he thought of the treatment he's had by our manager since signing , it was not exactly a rave review .

More worrying he was told he'd be the main man if he signs a new contract , which certainly puts a big cloud over Rhodes and Gestede . To me that sounds like if possible Bowyer would like to sell both .

IMO , his flaws in his game are a good enough reason that this won't be a huge loss , after all he didn't get that much game time and IMO in Rochina we let a much more gifted player leave .

However questions need to be asked of Bowyer on why he was suddenly worth a new contract , but not deemed a regular starter since his arrival

Glen, hasn't King been injured alot of the time under Bowyer?

On King being our main striker, is this owners who have said to Bowyer that both Gestede and Rhodes will be sold this summer?

Was Gestede promise a summer move when he didnt get his move to Palace last January?

Rhodes, has he demand a move this summer? I cant see many clubs paying the asking price that the owners want. Who realistically will pay 10 million pounds? Maybe Hull or Boro has Kamy suggested on twitter this week.

The positive way to look at it is that it is one more contract off the books, one more big earner gone who has rarely justified what I expect is one of the bigger wages around the club (remember he was signed in the crazy days of Henning Berg).

This, combined with goodbyes for Dunny, Robbo, Songo and Varney should be another £70-80k a week off the wage bill.

We've got a relatively small squad now, well within the 24 restriction.

The question is how or where are we expected to find the further reductions that are supposedly required to satisfy the anonymous people running the FFP circus.

We have in Rhodes and Best two 'Premier League' level contracts remaining. Out of a squad of 20 odd. Most clubs in this league, those that have recently had spells in the top flight, will have some Premier League earners left on the books. We aren't unique in that respect.

I'm find it increasingly hard to accept that we are some demons of reckless overspending and deserve all we get when the last 2 years has seen predominantly sensible business and significantly reduced wages. Biggest spending has been paying off the big earners. Whilst down at Derby they have just paid off McClaren, given Clement a £3 million per year deal and are trying to sign Darren Bent and Tom Ince. Gates don't cover that difference!

I think to trigger the tribunal cash you have to have offered the player a contract equal or more than they were on.

Out of interest, what kind of wage would he have been getting?

Glen, hasn't King been injured alot of the time under Bowyer?

On King being our main striker, is this owners who have said to Bowyer that both Gestede and Rhodes will be sold this summer?

Was Gestede promise a summer move when he didnt get his move to Palace last January?

Rhodes, has he demand a move this summer? I cant see many clubs paying the asking price that the owners want. Who realistically will pay 10 million pounds? Maybe Hull or Boro has Kamy suggested on twitter this week.

Boro can't spend £10 million. They're in the same league as us and bound by the same rules. Unless they bring in £10 million through sales.

Hull might have a chance with parachute money and a big sale but I believe the club policy will be a no to selling to rival clubs.

That's atrocious that we've let him go, and already a big blow for next season. We obviously can't buy anyone, so we needed a "hidden gem" to take us to the next level and hopefully in the Premiership - especially if Rhodes and/or Ruddy leave. King fit that profile. Now what?

IMO , his flaws in his game are a good enough reason that this won't be a huge loss , after all he didn't get that much game time and IMO in Rochina we let a much more gifted player leave .

Rochina's not done much since he left. I don't think King will either.

It's odd how a bit-part player is suddenly a world beater as soon as he leaves yet a genuine talent that left - such as N'Zonzi - is not mourned.

Haters gonna hate

Enjoy Browny as the main man :P

difference is Rhodes does the business and King doesnt.

Rochina's not done much since he left. I don't think King will either.

It's odd how a bit-part player is suddenly a world beater as soon as he leaves yet a genuine talent that left - such as N'Zonzi - is not mourned.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U09bJrQ36LQ

At least half of this site appeared to rate Bowyers free transfer signings. Now we've lost a player who's done next to nothing in the games that really mattered over the last two years, there's a lot of angst about. Why?

Let's be honest, we were doomed the moment the Rao family turned up, sacked the manager, employed a total goon as a replacement, sacked Williams and started to sell off all of our quality players.

Oddly, each of those moves had the backing of a good proportion of our fans.

Absolute bunkum Neal, we can't keep paying a sprinter with little football nouse the wages he's getting in the hope he'll turn into a footballer.

Didn't you say the same about Rochina?

The guys been here over 2yrs, how many good games has he had? And don't tell me he never got a chance because he's played about 100 games for the club I would have thought.

Did get a chance at the end of the season before last... Showed what he can do and got benched the following season. Slow claps for Gaz, absolute genius. He had plenty of good games when played, In fact he probably a better amount of performances in the limited game time he had then Evans, Lowe or Williamson. Even the games he didn't play so well in he was still an outlet (Blackpool away in particular).

Difference between Rochina and King is that King has moved on to a club that will invest time into developing him, Rochina has talent but obviously more suited to easy life in the sun.

More money wasted, more talent wasted.

Bowyer Out.

Eddie Howe is already 10 x the manager Bowyer ever can be - if Howe fancies King I expect King to do OK in the PL, probably starting from the bench early season or thrown in as a CF from the start against the Stokes, WBA types.

He wasn't as good or as bad as some of the previous posts in this thread make out but as sure as sh1t is sh1t he's a lot better than many whom we still have.

As others have said if Gestede and Rhodes both go then we are down the drain. Cheers Gaz u sh1thead.

Archived