BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] King leaves for Bournemouth

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Failed to deliver consistently for the Rovers, but had way too many injuries to judge properly.

Have to say I am a tad disappointed to lsoe him. I like quick strikers and feel they benefit any team considerably. Especially one like ours with little pace in any position.

Good luck to the lad. Can't have been easy through the turmoil whilst out of favour and also carrying injuries.

Not the first or indeed last pop that Best will have at us. The guy has got to be the biggest tosser in football.

Yet some people have advocated having him back in the team. He's poison, Bowyer knows it, and there's no way back for him at this club.

That what happens when you employ an academy coach as manager. - unless you believe that this is our natural place and nothing we do can change that.

I think it's quite obvious that he does, Den. It's his whole rationale for peddling Lanky Utd.

I prefer the old you that hated venkys . L2 is sounding in the distance whilst these chumps own us .

I'm not a fan of the buggers now ffs! I hated what they were doing and said so often enough (to quite a lot of scorn too) BUT now what I predicted 4/5 years ago has come about we can't do without them. I cannot understand why are so unable to comprehend that?

Tell me Abbey do you still hate the Germans more than the Russians?

That what happens when you employ an academy coach as manager. - unless you believe that this is our natural place and nothing we do can change that.

I believe it is. Unless of course you can persuade everybody to pay a 100% increase in their ST's and admission costs. How do you think that would go down amongst the Blackburn faithfull den?

So Leon Best just commented on one of King's IG photos, saying that Bournemouth is a better place, and a "proper" place to raise a kid

I nearly posted earlier that even if Bournemouth had missed out on promotion and only offered him the same wage if I were King I'd have been off like a shot. I realise that he probably lives in Manchester but it's as ironic as the Rovers chant at Fulham this season.... "I want to go home, I want to go home, Fulhams a sh1t hole I want to go home'. Blackburn has never been a nice and sophisticated place to live but compared to the Blackburn of my youth it's absolutely bloody dire now. tbh I rem Robert Wischge getting stick over his comments 20 years ago but tbh whats wrong with honesty?

I think it's quite obvious that he does, Den. It's his whole rationale for peddling Lanky Utd.

I fail to see what the hell it matters to you anyway.

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/rovers/news/12978574.Outgoing_striker_Josh_King_hits_out_at_Blackburn_Rovers/?ref=mac

“I didn’t rush my decision. I did know I didn’t really want to stay at Blackburn.”

Very understandable and I applaud his honesty. He's simply displaying a sense of pride and self confidence in his own ability. It's not good and not nice for a full international in the prime of his career to be playing second fiddle to numerous people with lesser talent in a 2nd Division team (even if we have a nice training ground).

I bet his Norwegian managers had some input into this and told him to take the offer and get away from BRFC. tbh who on earth would have advised him to stay?

I don't buy for one minute that location had anything to do with King's move.

After London the 'place to be' is Manchester. It offers the city life and it offers the beautiful countryside of Cheshire. Blackburn players don't have to live in Blackburn, Wigan players don't live in Wigan.

If King would prefer to spend his playing days on the South coast where the average age is about 65 then good for him.

But the nightlife, shops, travel, amenities will be nowhere near what's on offer in the NW.

If the shoe was on the other foot and we were offering a Premier League bench rather than a Championship bench he'd quickly be on his way up and be looking at apartments on Salford Quays.

• Moderation Lead

What a damning indictment when a Rovers player says he needs to join fookin 'BOURNEMOUTH' to further his career and opportunity.

We have fallen further than many dare realise.

That said,it does appear in Kings case 'the Ego has landed'!!

We've fallen one division and Bournemouth have risen several.

I believe it is. Unless of course you can persuade everybody to pay a 100% increase in their ST's and admission costs. How do you think that would go down amongst the Blackburn faithfull den?

We're not a million miles apart in the assessment of where we are Gordon. We both knew how important it was to keep hold of people like the trustees, Williams and Finn and just as importantly our better players. We both knew how very difficult it would be to stop the decline, never mind get us back into the top flight. We might be down here for a very long time. Where we do differ, is our approach from now on. When I first started watching Rovers, we were in the top division. Two years later we were top of that division with what I still think was the best rovers side that I've ever seen. The 63/64 season saw us beating excellent Spurs and wham sides 7-2 and 8-2. Only two years after that, we were relegated. It can go wrong very, very quickly and especially so when we're a small town team. We could never compete financially after the abolition of the maximum wage.

Our difference now though, is that you accept that we can't do any better than we currently are doing. From 1966 onwards all I wanted was to get back into the top division and that's what I want now. At least I want the club to improve and do better whenever it can - and it can do, now. If the owners OR manager don't believe we can get back there, there's no chance it will happen. Is Bowyer "driven" enough to want it? No, I don't think he is. As long as he's the manager, then he's happy. I wouldn't tolerate that if I were in charge.

How long before King is being held up as a great example of what we are doing here in an interview. Developing players who can go on to bigger things, a great stepping stone to the Prem for ambitious players under this regime !

We won't mention the increasing value bit though :rover:

• Moderation Lead

Best has definitely commented on Josh King's instagram post with a Rovers shirt on thanking (most of) the fans and staff etc, I saw it at lunch. Then Best has probably since deleted it, but all the comments of fans smack-talking Best are still there....

• Backroom

Can anyone remind me if King cost a fee when he signed from UTD? And if we have received any money from Bournemouth?

£1.2M, and not yet. We're negotiating with them at present, if no agreement is reached it'll go to a tribunal.

Good luck to King. He was badly used at Rovers. I wouldn't always have started him, but would have used him better off the bench.

Made me laugh that the one time Gaz starts him as a forward (Swansea), he plays a blinder, Gaz claims it was tactical. Yet he's not once used those 'tactics' in the previous 2 seasons. hmm.

If I were a Bournemouth fan, I wouldn't be over-the-moon at signing an out-of-contract inconsistent bench-warmer from Rovers. It's hardly a statement of intent to give it a go in the Premier League.

Archived