BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Vs. Wigan Away

• Replies 746
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I read we'd been given 2900. Not sure how many have sold. We normally take a very good following.

I heard that's the first allocation. If we sell quickly i'm sure Brown Nose will buy some more off Dave.

Probably pay on the day at the JD as well but not confirmed.

400 sold so far. I have a feeling the initial allocation might be enough this time :(

We should never ever take less than 3k there but maybe the thumbs down towards Venkys in ST sales will show up in local away games as well.

400 sold so far. I have a feeling the initial allocation might be enough this time :(

We should never ever take less than 3k there but maybe the thumbs down towards Venkys in ST sales will show up in local away games as well.

It will for me.

In my mind, in reference to myself, attending Away games when boycotting the home games seems a bit contradictory and softens the separation.

That's just how I view it. I wouldn't question anyone that attends.

Out of interest.... how does ticket revenue work for away games? Does the whole amount go to the home team or is some given to the away team?

A group of us are probably going to go more out of tradition than anything - I actually suggested doing something like paintball but it seemed to fall on stony ground.

I don't want to give my money to the Rao's.

Out of interest.... how does ticket revenue work for away games? Does the whole amount go to the home team or is some given to the away team?

A group of us are probably going to go more out of tradition than anything - I actually suggested doing something like paintball but it seemed to fall on stony ground.

I think if you buy the away ticket from Rovers, then Rovers get a percentage of money received, whereas if you buy the ticket 'on the gate' at the away ground then all the proceeds go to that club.

I seem to remember Blackpool fans doing the same and refusing to buy their away tickets from Bloomfield Road because Blackpool got a cut from the sales.

I understand that a percentage of the sales for visiting fans goes to the visiting club. What that is I honestly don't know.

It's probably a tiny percent just to cover costs or whatever but if I was going Wigan I'd buy in advance as POD there is a ballache. Loads do it and turn up at the last min and they are often slow in opening extra turnstiles. Only just got in for KO the last few times there despite being outside a good 15 min before.

I presume you mean will easily sell out as all boycotting supporters have promised to attend the away games. Incidentally the Blackpool away following must have been around 2000 as the total gate was reported as 2700 - not sure there were 700 blackpool fans there in that main stand, some I could see were wearing rovers colours.

I presume you mean will easily sell out as all boycotting supporters have promised to attend the away games. Incidentally the Blackpool away following must have been around 2000 as the total gate was reported as 2700 - not sure there were 700 blackpool fans there in that main stand, some I could see were wearing rovers colours.

Nope I mean that the general boycott will show in games like this where non regular travellers normally show up in huge number just because it's local. I expect a knock on effect will show in these type of games.

Matches more further afield are usually just attended by the hardcore unless we are doing well so I don't expect those numbers to change much. There should be 3.5k at this one there always is, if it's a lot less that the initial allocation it's obvious why.

Would be nice though to ram the whole end and show the support is actually still there.

Would love it to be 4500 away fans having a Venkys Out day.

The mind wanders back to when they turned up at Wigan and scuttled off at half time because the packed away end was getting very angry indeed. Just about sums the cowards up they just don't want to know anything that might rattle their bubble like world !

The mind wanders back to when they turned up at Wigan and scuttled off at half time because the packed away end was getting very angry indeed. Just about sums the cowards up they just don't want to know anything that might rattle their bubble like world !

I was going to do a number of away games. I will miss Wigan out - I don't fancy the aggression between our "fans".

Archived