BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] John Williams Is A Chairman Again...

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This just serves to make me more bitter about what has happened here. And resentful towards a similar sized club that looks well placed to succeed where we failed and benefit from foreign investment whilst remaining successful on the pitch.

In many ways our situation back in 2010 was very similar to West Brom's today. Not one of the big boys in the Premier League but a well run, stable and established club with gates of 20,000+ a week. Part of the 'establishment'. Similar facilities, similar expectations, similar size. Never going to be a 'big' club but more than capable of holding their own in the top division.

The only thing missing is a bit more investment to help them push on up the league and grow.

Jeremy Peace has clearly done his homework on the new owner. Their takeover has been in the pipeline for a long time but he wanted to make sure he satisfied himself that the new owner was going to run the club properly and respect its traditions.

Straight away the new owner has done an interview for the fans setting out his targets and promising sensible management, and the first thing he has done is recruit one of the most capable and experienced Chairmen in the land.

West Brom can now look forward to stability and growth as part of the Premier League club. Good Chairman, good manager, new owner who has said all the right things.

If we'd have survived another 5 years in the Premier League then we perhaps could have benefited from the increasing influx of Chinese/American owners. Yet certain people told us that there was no money to be made in the Premier League and that Rovers was a 'burden'. Clearly that isn't the case today.

That could be us now. Shame the Walker Trust, Venkys and their other associates had other ideas.

For some reason, this has hit me me far more than all the defeats, transfer gaffes and sold players: Not that WBA are being taken over, but that they've gone out and got John Williams. Just a classy man who should be presiding over a very successful Rovers, but instead we're being choked to death by these rank amateurs. All the best to him.

For some reason, this has hit me me far more than all the defeats, transfer gaffes and sold players: Not that WBA are being taken over, but that they've gone out and got John Williams. Just a classy man who should be presiding over a very successful Rovers, but instead we're being choked to death by these rank amateurs. All the best to him.

Indeed. The news this morning was one of those moments where it made me sit back and think about everything that has happened over the last 6 years. Players and managers have come and gone. Allardyce has got the England job, yet it was John Williams back as a Premier League Chairman at WBA that brought back all the memories and dragged back into view the scale of decline we've suffered and how much has happened over the last 6 years.

Time to speak John?

If he'd spoken before he probably wouldn't be there now so no chance he'll speak now. One day when he finally retires maybe but no one will interested by then :(

Blackburn who ...??

Great to see him back but it's another huge boot in the gonads for us. Still it all depends on what their new owners real intentions are. Con merchants like to window dress we know this well.

Indeed. The news this morning was one of those moments where it made me sit back and think about everything that has happened over the last 6 years. Players and managers have come and gone. Allardyce has got the England job, yet it was John Williams back as a Premier League Chairman at WBA that brought back all the memories and dragged back into view the scale of decline we've suffered and how much has happened over the last 6 years.

Allardyce and Williams.

Step forward those who were happy to see the back of both of them.

Step forward those who were happy to see the back of just one of them.

Still are?

Loads of folk stand by their belief that Allardyce was no good, Den. Remarkable really - all you have to do is look at the contrasting fortunes of each party to realise that we were lucky to have a very good PL manager.

I tell you what is funny! When Allardyce was canned there were a few names regularly being bandied about; O'Neill, Jol, Holloway and....... Coyle!

What was it Stan Ternent once said about Ferrari's and Mini's?

West Brom get John Williams and a rich investment consortium worth 1.8bn. We got a known spiv and a bunch of silver spooners without a braincell between them.

When will we catch a break?

Loads of folk stand by their belief that Allardyce was no good, Den. Remarkable really - all you have to do is look at the contrasting fortunes of each party to realise that we were lucky to have a very good PL manager.

I tell you what is funny! When Allardyce was canned there were a few regular names being bandied about; O'Neill, Jol, Holloway and....... Coyle!

I'd have preferred Coyle over Kean in the PL. I don't think we'd have got relegated. It took a special man to deplete, demoralize and take down that squad of players.

West Brom get John Williams and a rich investment consortium worth 1.8bn. We got a known spiv and a bunch of silver spooners without a braincell between them.

When will we catch a break?

I'd have preferred Coyle over Kean in the PL. I don't think we'd have got relegated. It took a special man to deplete, demoralize and take down that squad of players.

This was before Kean was appointed permanently, Booth. Once Allardyce was sacked many on here were cock-a-hoop and were discussing the man to lead Rovers into this new great era! Coyle was a name mentioned very often.

How ironic that now those people have got their wish, BRFC and Coyle are currently a @#/?-stain of English football and Allardyce is managing the national team.

Archived