BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] John Williams Is A Chairman Again...

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

The takeover was completed on June 26th before going to ratification. I think if John Williams had any doubts. From what you all say I doubt he would have taken the job

I can't imagine JW walking into another Venky's scenario. The fact your owners want the likes of Williams at the club suggest they're pretty clued up.

I can't imagine JW walking into another Venky's scenario. The fact your owners want the likes of Williams at the club suggest they're pretty clued up.

The owners are Chinese. What the new owner has said about respect will never be s-hit upon by them EVER.

The takeover was completed on June 26th before going to ratification. I think if John Williams had any doubts. From what you all say I doubt he would have taken the job

You are in safe hands. Expect the fans to be at the forefront of everything the club does.

Makes me want to weep when the shell of a club we now have sees the fans as a necessary evil.

You are in safe hands. Expect the fans to be at the forefront of everything the club does.

Makes me want to weep when the shell of a club we now have sees the fans as a necessary evil.

I feel geniuely bad for you, It's a crying shame what both Venky's and The Walker Trust have done to your club. I feel both scared and excited for us I hope its steady growth. We shall see though

I feel geniuely bad for you, It's a crying shame what both Venky's and The Walker Trust have done to your club. I feel both scared and excited for us I hope its steady growth. We shall see though

Don't worry, onwards and upwards from here.

Do you happen to have any half-decent spare players you could lend us, we are a little short on quantity and quality?

Take it and embrace it and enjoy. Good luck :rover:

EDIT: Im @#/? now what the feck will tomorrow be like

Jonathan Leko maybe on loan A very good young winger

At this point we will take 5 average players rather than one very good player. At least we have a squad then.

I use to be so happy when John Williams replied to my email. :)

Actually, the Walker trust took whatever they could just to get rid.. Thats how reckless they were, and how they didnt give a @#/? who they sold the club to. It was the money that they saw, and that was that. We didnt need to be sold, maybe fresh investment, but that investment could have been handled differently.

Hindsight is a great thing but I wager the Walkers regret selling Rovers too...the television money alone now would have reaped great financial rewards for them.

I would like to post a link to Mr Lai Q & A but will only do so with permission from the regular posters as I don't want to think I'm taking the mick

Feel free.

Speaks very well in that piece but they all do when they turn up. Genuinely hope he turns out to be the real deal but at the end of the day someone has to put the money up for these takeovers and they usually want something in return rather than just being a custodian or benefactor. The word investor means just that, always can't help but think just what is the real reason these people need to buy English clubs ?

Still if things are done correctly it can all work out for everybody. The plans Venkys outlined in public could have worked out very well if they'd had Williams over seeing it but being in bed with Anderson and Kean etc it was destined to fail from the very first minute, which it did.

I'll never be convinced those were the 'real' plans anyway. Hopefully this works out for the Baggies but a hell of a lot of similarities between West Brom & Rovers before V's pitched up. Solid club, well owned and run. Probably assets and income that outweigh it's price ?

A great club for someone to get their hands on.....

Ultimately it depends on actions rather than words, but to contrast Venkys said with an investment of 5m per year would see us in the champions league in 5 years, sacked the new England manager, and undermined JW to the point he resigned.

If you start to hear of agents 'helping' the owners, Jerome Anderson, Kentaro then be afraid, very afraid.

The owners are Chinese. What the new owner has said about respect will never be s-hit upon by them EVER.

I'm sure you have good reason for saying that ARA, but I can't agree at all... In my experience people in China can be as good as anywhere in the world at spouting a load of hot air/bs and then forgetting they ever said it. If I were a villa or wolves fan I'd be concerned and I'd be very nervous if Rovers were taken over by Chinese. On the other hand China, at least Shanghai I can say, does have a real football history and love, and there are some fantastic people who do care, and this Lai bloke does sound great, and having JW means so much, that there's every reason to be optimistic.

I live in Shanghai, my boss in Chinese and a good honest bloke. My big boss who I rarely see on the other hand talks like Owen Coyle if you know what I mean...

Archived