BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Steele, Henley, Lowe - Team Selection

This deserves its own thread. Starting with the biggest culprit adam henley, he should not even be in the matchday squad. Has been given so many opportunities by so many managers it is unbelievable. He stood next to the wigan player while they scored the 2nd goal without challenging and i can go on and on. Jason steele is making basic errors and its really costing us. As for lowe, he cannot play RB, his sense of awareness and positional play is so poor. I said it in another thread we need a RB and LB urgently and in the mean time marshall needs to play RB.

Been saying all along Lowe is no right back he only ended up there through Bowyers accommodation tactics and he was probably told to include him at all costs by his paymasters to try and get his value up' Jason Lowe has been done to death as has Adam Henley, both poor players but boths development has been hindered by a succession of managers who've absolutely non idea what to do with them.

Now they have to contend with already fragile confidence being taken to a new low. Coyle said we had to play Henley at LB because we'd no option after the Norwich game which was utter bull. Then after highlighting it then changing it the prat puts him back in there, just why is the question. Told to do so ? Doing it on purpose ? can't really see any other explanation. Lambert knew he was crap and mostly kept him out the way and I'm sure he'd have done the same with Lowe.

Steele was a stupid signing but did improve then the min his keeper coach who pushed to bring him here left he started going backwards. Average at his very best but still capable of better than he showing and another who's confidence is on the floor before the season began really.

All still quite young these lads but modern day young players are so so fragile it's pathetic really.

Heard a little rumour last night that the players really, really dislike Lowe, I wouldn't be surprised as he's nowhere near the standard to even be a professional footballer nevermind the captain of a Championship side. Think he has sucked up and bumlicked his way to where he is now as he certainly isn't there because of his ability.

As for Steele and Henley, how can the kids be any worse? If we are going to go down (which I'm pretty sure we are) I'd much rather play the young lads than the proven failures that currently make up the starting 11.

I was leaving the Blues Bar years ago when the heat was on King Rat. I was ranting to myself about the Rat when I saw Lowe making his way to the players car park. I shouted over to him that his boss was a @#/? toss bag and if I see him I'll @#/? splatter him. The usual drunkard ramblings. I'll never forget the look of sheer horror on Lowe's face. I always thought he can't be up to much. A proper bloke would have either battered me or laughed at me. He is no captain and never will be.

The only players I have any confidence in beong able to put in a performance out of the whole squad are Stokes, Graham and Byrne. That is a truly terrible place to be. 3 out of 20 or so. It has never been this bad.

Without Greer yesterday it would have been a cricket score add him and possibly Conway to your list otherwise agreed

Heard a little rumour last night that the players really, really dislike Lowe, I wouldn't be surprised as he's nowhere near the standard to even be a professional footballer nevermind the captain of a Championship side. Think he has sucked up and bumlicked his way to where he is now as he certainly isn't there because of his ability.

As for Steele and Henley, how can the kids be any worse? If we are going to go down (which I'm pretty sure we are) I'd much rather play the young lads than the proven failures that currently make up the starting 11.

Shocked.

I know people are saying give the youngsters a chance and that "they can't do any worse" which I guess is true, but if I was a youngster playing with that behind me yesterday I'd never want to step foot on a football pitch ever again I'd be s%*t scared of getting the ball out of fear of giving it away and being booed. We need a new manager and new owners before the youngsters should be put in the team, it could ruin them playing in such a poor side.

Archived