BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Souness must go ?

rover6

I am sorry to say that my warnings of a long hard winter ahead which i made on this message board before a ball was kicked this season are coming true.The best defender at the club gone,the two top class flair players at the club gone.Then look at the summer spending,a nationwide league full back,a scottish league centre back who is to slow,a winger from holland who every top club had watched but did not buy,now we know why.Since then £6million wasted on a crab like midfield player that the team did not need.The fowards find it hard going with no proper service and when they do get a chance they snatch at it.Can we blame GS for this mess or is it the board to blame for cashing in on the family silver.I am not sure but i do know one thing i will be buying a seson ticket for the nationwide league (again) next season.

Having an opinion most people are opposed to is one thing, moaning like a spoiled brat when things start going wrong is quite another. People like Jim and Revidge are an example of the former, rover6 is an example of the...erm...other one.

It's interesting to note that whenever someone posts something remotely critical of the management or the team, they will almost by default be flamed or treated like a complete recluse by a certain set of members here. The rest of the boards seem to follow suit. I may not agree with rover6's post here but I am absolutely disgusted by the outright abuse he got for actually posting it. And no mods seemed to care until Tom mentioned that the language was a bit harsh.

I have to wonder.

We can't be negative towards our club? We can't be critical? Why not? We want our club to do well but at the moment it's clearly not. Should we never ask questions about the players or the management? We've only played what..9/10 games? Now, that is to many to put this down to a bad start. And blaming "bad luck" is a very easy way out.

If freedom of speech doesn't exist here. What is the point of a messageboard at all?

I agree.  Much as I disagree with what Rover6 had to say at least he put a reasoned argument forward to support his view. Which lead to other reasoned arguments supporting GS.  A much better idea than "****off back under your rock!"

Erm.. No one is editing out rover6's posts are they? I think freedom of speech does in fact exist here. But I agree that some people can dish out mean amounts of abuse compared to others without getting the treatment they should according to the posting guidelines. On the other hand it's not my job to moderate this site but I know that it's one hell of a job to sift through everything that gets posted and that it isn't always easy to be consistent when moderating. But as I said, some members seem to be priviledged. Could be there's an underlying sense of seniority at work, I don't know.

It's not often that I make post-match posts. Here's one.

It was indeed a disappointing evening but I think asking for Souness to go at such an early stage in the season is nothing short of a knee-jerk reaction. I cannot be absolutely sure that he'll turn it around but I for one am willing to give the man *at least* until mid-season to come up with better results. I *do* have faith in the man.

I didn't watch the match because I was at work but I will be waking up at four in the morning to see it on Fox Sports World. Talking of which, doesn't that count as support? Missing sleep for the love of the club? Reading the report on the BBC it sounded like we were once again unlucky in front of goal. Deja vous on spells in past seasons anyone? This bad luck can't possibly continue. I hope not. Fingers crossed.

Finally, I agree that some of Souness' tactics were puzzling, especially that of putting a lone striker up front.

Up the Rovers!

The gaffer screwed up big time.

It wasn`t even as if he was trying to combat Charltons injury hit team.

He was just trying to accomodate his summer signings all in one team regardless of tactics.

We started with a 4 5 1 with Cole looking totally bemused with the lack of support.

Jansen then came on to make it a 4 4 2 which in itself is an admission that the 1st half tactics were a balls up.

Then Baggio comes on and its a 3 5 2. As for when gallagher came on, the formation looked like a line on bingo. Who was where? Stinks of desperation.

Souey`s done well but now he really needs to show his metal.

If freedom of speech doesn't exist here. What is the point of a messageboard at all?

None of 6's posts have been moderated - just slated.  Which is surely the "free speech" right of all contributors ??

All of his/her posts are designed to provoke a reaction, and people are falling for it - fine - it makes the place tick

Rover6 - by own admission - wouldn't even be here if the gang-bang-banter-board hadn't been shut down by ntl

now the said "official" board has re-opened, mr(s) 6 is still with us.  Why ?  Because there's better, more intelligent comment here.

But if someone admits they are only here because another avenue has been closed off, and then go all out from day 1 to provoke and annoy, they can't be too surprised - and are probably pleased - when their contributions get slated.

Should Souness go ?  Need to sleep on that one.

To get back to the topic, Souness has done more than enough for this club to deserve the chance to turn things around.  We've been down this road before and have hastily got rid of managers before - it's never worked.  Very rarely does a change of management half way through a season result in a change in fortunes.

However, Souness has to sort the team out pretty quickly because it will only take a few more performances like tonights for me to change my mind - and I'll be one of the more patient one's.

ROVERS6 i think i know u a bit from official site , thats a good write up,thought this site was better than that,(gettin slag off for postin an oppinion thats been fought out)I happen t agree with a lot u say, i saw it on tv,i see more than anyone at the game(of course ,if you not paid ur £25 u know F All about football)The way i saw it, yes rovers were unlucky but u make ur own luck, theres stiil something not right about rovers game plan (an thats t manager). first half cole was outstanding but nobody there t follow up (matt on bench).thought reid had an excelent game,but why when flitty went off did he stop making the runs and why did (not 100% sure who it was) thommo not pass to him all night.Think we've seen t best of cole he looked more pi**ed of than Souness that second half.Roll on sat one of the few games i get t see(wasnt gonna go after tnight but u support when needed most).

ps is barber one of the worst refs u ever seen,cole every time was fouled i thought we should av ad a least 1 pen.

flopsy(hope thats right) another good write up hope theres more like this.

if u disagree wiv someone post a write up like flopsy not just slag em of(only read the first page couldnt belive the abuse rovers six got)

pps ROVERS TILL I DIE!!

PPPs, anyone down southampton what pub u going in before t game??

pppffsps i hope some of this is understood i had to throw a few more than expected stellas down me throat after that

if you remove the "souness must go" part, i totally agree with rover6. Todays Souness proved his tactical incompetens.

Im pretty sure most of us know we desperatly need some width and crosses from the touchline, yet souness seems unawhere of this.

The discussion about souness must go on, we have to be critical, we have to be the one's chasing him forward when he seems to stop.

It would be foolish to sack souness at this time, yet we would have appeared blind without this thread.

who ever said that furguson had a good game must be mad no?? I watched it on TV and he seems to never connect a pass.. Not only that, why on earth is now the right time to get a silly mohawk haircut?? is he celebrating being in england already??? souness sees himself in him too much i reckon

Having an opinion most people are opposed to is one thing, moaning like a spoiled brat when things start going wrong is quite another. People like Jim and Revidge are an example of the former, rover6 is an example of the...erm...other one.

And this is what jim wrote:

In the name of God, Souness, take the money and go to Spurs now.

You've well and truly screwed up a decent team with your constant tactical meddling and stupid personality clashes.  

Thanks for landing us in an unnecessary relegation battle.

You won't be missed.

hmm..

i wonder how u can justify jim's anti souey post, and slag off rover6's post so easy....

What were you saying about having an opinion and moaning?

Be careful what you wish for, rover6, you just might get it.

If Souness does end up at Spurs, who exactly are we planning to bring in who will be so much better?

The likes of Cole, Friedel and Tugay joined Rovers citing Souness as a key factor in joining the club.

True, Souness has shown a tactical naivety at times which makes Keegan look like RFW but you cant criticise his commitment to the club. If he went we'd have the nice & loyal but totally uncharismatic Tony Parkes to keep things ticking over until we could find someone - from Europe probably - who we could afford.

If we're still losing home games to weak teams after Christmas, perhaps then we might start looking around to see who could do a better job but until then lets get behind the boss & stop being so fickle. End of last season we all loved Souness like a brother, didnt we?!

Be careful what you wish for, rover6, you just might get it.

If Souness does end up at Spurs, who exactly are we planning to bring in who will be so much better?

The likes of Cole, Friedel and Tugay joined Rovers citing Souness as a key factor in joining the club.

True, Souness has shown a tactical naivety at times which makes Keegan look like RFW but you cant criticise his commitment to the club. If he went we'd have the nice & loyal but totally uncharismatic Tony Parkes to keep things ticking over until we could find someone - from Europe probably - who we could afford.

If we're still losing home games to weak teams after Christmas, perhaps then we might start looking around to see who could do a better job but until then lets get behind the boss & stop being so fickle. End of last season we all loved Souness like a brother, didnt we?!

Brilliant post, Keegan being a RFW made me chukle (and i needed it).  I am very glad that this post has been treated with this attitude, it deserves it.

rover6 - I think there are a few on this thread who might like to apologise to you this morning after sleeping on another terrible result for Rovers. Personally I don't agree with all of your views but I don't see anything wrong with the way they are expressed.

I saw the first few reactions and that Flopsy had reacted properly to try and defuse things when he knew everybody was already upset and unhappy. Tchocky, BTW, rarely moderates, if ever, his role is very much on the technical side. I thought after Flopsy's post things would die down plus I was too tired and depressed to sit around waiting to see what would happen.

I'm expecting a miserable day on here - would people please not take their frustration out on other members who post views which they do not agree with, it is after all an MB with freedom of speech but that does NOT include freedom to abuse.

rover6 - I think there are a few on this thread who might like to apologise to you this morning after sleeping on another terrible result for Rovers. Personally I don't agree with all of your views but I don't see anything wrong with the way they are expressed.

I saw the first few reactions and that Flopsy had reacted properly to try and defuse things when he knew everybody is already upset and unhappy. Tchocky, BTW, rarely moderates, if ever, his role is very much on the technical side. I thought after Flopsy's post things would die down plus I was too tired and depressed to sit around waiting to see what would happen.

I'm expecting a miserable day on here - would people please not take their frustration out on other members who post views which they do not agree with, it is after all an MB with freedom of speech but that does NOT include freedom to abuse.

True...each to his own opinions.

Slept on it and feel no obligation to alter one jot of my opinions of Rover6.  His/her comments since joining the board have been, from start to finish, drivel, idiotic, badley informed, plain wrong.  All teams have bad periods, all players have poor runs of form and all managers make mistakes.  

Freedom of speech, of course!  But we expect certain standards on this MB in my opinion.

Everyone should just stop worrying.  It will be more satisfying to storm up the league the second part of the season with people saying "where did they come from"  :razz:

Always look on the brightside of life - Sorry, I don't know how to write the whistle bit  :D

Souness says he's staking his reputation (???) on Barry Ferguson.

OK. Bye Graham.

Saw bits of your game last nght, flicking between a repeat of 'House Doctor' on UK Style and some crap documentary on BBC1.

My God, what a depressing experience those trips to Ewood must be. That moronic drummer pounding away (is it ok to mock him or does he have ‘problems’?, a crowd made up seemingly entirely of 'family supporters’ (the worst kind of fan), dour fat men and simpleton kids in jester hats... and just the one god damn song.

'Shut the hell up!' Which thankfully you did.

And the team? Easily outsmarted by an injury hit Charlton side.

And where was Ciccio?

Your going down, chumps. Ha Ha Ha.

Slept on it and feel no obligation to alter one jot of my opinions of Rover6.

No one is being asked to alter an opinion, simply to refrain from suggesting other members #### off or name calling.

End of matter please.  :)

a crowd made up seemingly entirely of 'family supporters’ (the worst kind of fan), dour fat men and simpleton kids in jester hats... and just the one god damn song.

So what kind of fan is the best then eh scumbag.  A bunch of burberry clad racist, murdering thugs who smash up their own town centre.  I know what kind of fans i'd rather have have in the stadium.  You sir are a clown and if only fans who come onto other msg boards could be sensible, intelligient like Clitheroe Claret there would be no problem.  

Sadly it is clear that Clitheroe is in possession of the only brain cell down't Burnley way.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.