BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Souness must go ?

rover6

I'm glad that some people could disagree with my views intelligently.

The majority of people on this board appear to support Souness still. How long will this faith continue? - if we have to blame 'Lady Luck' (to use one of SOuness' favourite phrases) after every match, where are we going?

Souness has continually wasted transfer funds. His tactics are bizarre. His excuses pathetic and his treatment of players appalling.

He throws Grabbi in to the deep end against Genc - and the next game ruthlessly discards him out of the team. The same with Yorke. Would you have any confidence in a manager who flippantly puts you in and out of the team?

I'm all for fan loyalty - but when loyalty clouds judgement and impartial thinking - you have to worry. Didn't we persevere with Hodgson for too long because of misplaced loyalty.

Weren't fans saying, "We'll turn it around - he got us into Europe, don't worry, he'll turn it around in the next game." And the next game and the next. Until it was too late when we did get rid of him.

I say we replace him now with Paul Sturrock or Gary Megson.

why do you continue to begin every post you make with a remark designed to p*ss people off ?

the official board is open again, you can go and play with your old friends if this forum doesn't suit

talking of intelligence, Sturrock ?!  Megson ?! :sarc:

talking of intelligence, Sturrock ?!  Megson ?! :sarc:

What is wrong with those two. They've worked miracles with no money and have cut their teeth in the lower leagues.

Just like when Davy Moyes was at Preston, both are ready for a bigger job.

Can I educate you. You don't have to be a former football superstar to become a good manager.

I'm all for fan loyalty - but when loyalty clouds judgement and impartial thinking - you have to worry. Didn't we persevere with Hodgson for too long because of misplaced loyalty.

Weren't fans saying, "We'll turn it around - he got us into Europe, don't worry, he'll turn it around in the next game." And the next game and the next. Until it was too late when we did get rid of him.

I personally think that if Hodgson had stayed then we would have stayed up, but thats another story. If the board sack Souey then surely this wont be the best thing for the players.

why do you continue to begin every post you make with a remark designed to p*ss people off ?

Tris, mate - he's only being sarcastic after several people where a lot more direct in their criticism of rover6 last night. I don't get the impression it's a wind up.

The majority of people on this board appear to support Souness still. How long will this faith continue? - if we have to blame 'Lady Luck' (to use one of SOuness' favourite phrases) after every match, where are we going?.........

......I'm all for fan loyalty - but when loyalty clouds judgement and impartial thinking - you have to worry. Didn't we persevere with Hodgson for too long because of misplaced loyalty.

The one real problem to the arguement of sacking Souness is money. Personally I haven't lost faith in Souey and I believe he can turn it around for us. The situation is not good but we still have time, not much granted, but we aren't at full scale crisis just yet. Defeat by Southampton and Leicester would change that view.

Any new manger would expect to have funds made available in January. This would potentially leave us with several millions of unwanted talent until at least next summer who might then have to be off-loaded at cut prices - we've seen this before. Rovers probably can't afford to take that decision yet and unless or until we reach real crisis levels.

A couple of wins will make things look very different and I'm just praying we can start on Saturday and follow it up at Leicester.

Rover6, you're calling for Souness' head!

Where have you been for the last 3.5 years???

Are you aware of all Souness has brought to this club? Every successful manager in the history of football has unlucky periods sometimes, either by the team underperforming or the goals simply not come, despite of plenty of chances.

Besides, kicking Souey (god forbid) would mean that we had to get a new manager.

Who do you think is a realistic target, that could do a better job?

As long as you cant answer that there is absolutely NO POINT in wanting Souness away!

soueys record since becoming our manager..

promotion

worthington cup winners

2 european campaigns

a top six finish

these are the reasons why idiotic threads such as this @#/? people off.

ROVERS FOREVER

So?

Does this mean Rovers can never get a new manager no matter what ?

I, like Rover6, am sick and tired of "Lady Luck", "On another day", "We did enough to get something from the match" etc.

I think the lineups looks like something pulled out of a hat.

We´ve lost 5 of 9 pl matches, 4 of 5 at home, and are out of Europe straight away.

9 matches and 1 point off the dropzone.

Who cares what happened 1,2 or 10 seasons ago ?

Go on. Kill me.

I have to agree with the majority.....things at Ewood are not too good at the minute....... but it is not time to start worrying just yet. Souey to get the boot ?? who do you recommend we replace him with ?? Glenn Hoddle ? George Graham ? Glenn Roeder ? Roy Evans ?  

The new players need to get settled....and very quickly, and Souey needs to get the formation right. We were crying out for 4-4-2 last night, but Souey is the boss and he decides how we play. I just hope he does not feel that he has to play BF just because he cost a lot of money and is supposed to be good.....Gallagher showed more skill, passion and invention in 10 minutes than most did in the 90 that they played.....I thought he was the man of the match !!!

BUT....We must keep faith in GS as he has been the best manager this club has had for many years......I know the previous years now count for nothing and that we have to create our luck....but we, as fans, must do what we do best....support the team we love, come win, lose or draw

I just love it when the boo boys get going and then all these great threads start.....

.....we all think we know best, but we don't !!!!!

If we were all so great at football management we would be sat in Souey's seat in the stand, earning £200,000 grand a year and smoking big, fat cigars....in your dreams...stick to your Championship Manager games and leave the real work to GS and the boys

promotion

worthington cup winners

2 european campaigns

a top six finish

ROVERS FOREVER

So?

I, like Rover6, am sick and tired of "Lady Luck", "On another day", "We did enough to get something from the match" etc.

We´ve lost 5 of 9 pl matches, 4 of 5 at home, and are out of Europe straight away.

Go on. Kill me.

going by your own post it seems that you don't like it when the going gets tough. we have had a bad start to the season which none of us like.  it amazes me that at the 1st sign of trouble people are getting all carried away.  my guess is that when we where having a terrific run last season you where not as critical....and you are certainly panicking.

not getting another manager no matter what....no my friend that aint what i said, infact it was not even suggested. and by the way you said this it seems this is what you are wanting....but i am sure you will correct me.

chill out....have a cold one!!

ROVERS FOREVER

promotion

worthington cup winners

2 european campaigns

a top six finish

ROVERS FOREVER

So?

Go on. Kill me.

So after three very succesful campaigns you would fire him for losing half a dozen matches, pathetic.

promotion

worthington cup winners

2 european campaigns

a top six finish

ROVERS FOREVER

So?

Go on. Kill me.

So after three very succesful campaigns you would fire him for losing half a dozen matches, pathetic.

USAB....totally agree matey.

ROVERS FOREVER

promotion

worthington cup winners

2 european campaigns

"Campaigns"!!!   Really?

Is that what we call a home and away fixture these days. Great. I've enjoyed our West Ham campaign so far this season although the Ipswich campaign looks to be over. Hopefully we'll have more luck as we set out on our 'Millwall campaign’ on Saturday.

Campaign indeed...

aussie

i am one of the biggest sulkers 2when we lose a game. sometimes for hrs on end. one thing i don't do however is start getting excited and panicky, calling for people to be sacked and #### like that....matter of opinion i guess!

ROVERS FOREVER

Matter of opinion and rationality... I personal don't feel we have to call for the "chop" on Souness..his record speaks for itself.

On last night I felt that Blackburn really look tired (maybe its just lack of concentration) at times on the pitch..  Really not happy with Emerton's contribution...felt he probably should have been subbed off.

We will come good..just hope soon  ???

Although I am not in agreement with sacking souness I feel that people have been harsh on rover6 as In my opinion he has given a well rounded argument and plenty of valid reasons for discontent. Obviously things arent good at the moment but I think continuity is vital for a football club and sacking someone after 1 bad run would certainly be a knee-jerk reaction. Surely Man utd are an example of this sticking with Ferguson through some bad times and to an extent bolton with allardyce.

My God, what a depressing experience those trips to Ewood must be. That moronic drummer pounding away (is it ok to mock him or does he have ‘problems’?, a crowd made up seemingly entirely of 'family supporters’ (the worst kind of fan), dour fat men and simpleton kids in jester hats... and just the one god damn song.

'Shut the hell up!' Which thankfully you did.

And the team? Easily outsmarted by an injury hit Charlton side.

This is interesting as it shows what quite a few people think about rovers - this is why my mates ridicule me for being a rovers fan - not the inept performances. The thing is - there is an element of truth in it.

Also; I think the majority of people fail to see the bigger picture. I know lots of money is spent attending games etc but I just think people forget that football at the end of the day is a game and is designed for enjoyment (players and supporters alike). Your team doesnt HAVE to be winning for fans to enjoy a game.

One last point is that Rovers are very lucky to be in the premier league as in my opinion we are the smallest club in the premier league and probably as a whole package bring least to the league (along with fulham) so why dont people just relax a little and just get behind the team as it may actually help the players.

Don't agree about sacking Souness but i can see where  Rover6 point is coming from. How many of us have questioned Souness's tactics? Putting Reid at RB, keep playing Tommo on the left but letting him wander where ever he wants, putting 5 in the middle last night......i could go on!!!

And yes his signings have not hit it off straight away, and the sale of his best player - lady luck!!!

However, i do not know a manager who has never got his tactics questioned, Ferguson at Utd plying Ole and Scholes on the right wing, also when he first played Scholes as a Centre forward, and they went through a bad spell. Henry was poor when he first came to England as was Stam, but we'd give our right arm now to have them play in the famous blue & white shirt.

I would rather people voiced there fellings on this MB than at the game, by booing the team.

Souness is a top manager who will turn it around. A couple of wins and we'll all wonder what all the fuss was about!!!!

The board would never sack soui he is what the club is about plus he would want severance pay. If however spurs stole him they would have to pay us for him and we could go and get someone like Raddy Antic or Paul Hart.

Souness needs time to get everyone fit and working. If by christmas we are not in the top half i could see him walking away, but i hope it doesn't come to that as he has just got the team he wants together and to bring in a new manager may have a temporary lift but it will mean that the newby would want to bring in players he liked meaning more shifts until we are settled.

modes98 Thinks
if we appointed paul hart he could bring; Dawson, Reid and Harewood.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.