BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Geese or swans?

LDRover

That's Goldie isn't it?

What, the Blue Peter dog? You might be right but I remember him/her as having slightly longer hair.

and if it is Nemo Slater_Scott, what on earth is he doing fronting Marillion? Doesn't he know his dad's out looking for him!?

No, its the Jaws toothed Drum and Bass star.

And No, the ever popular big scottish Dick isn't fronting Marillion anymore, thats why his dads looking for him.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:brfc:

I've been defending Geese up until now. But i've just seen Swansea's mascot. Now this thing is serious. A seven foot Swan, this thing will probably take on all comers. An other combination that has been baffling me is who would win in a slugfest between Grabbi and a Sloth.

That's Goldie isn't it?

What, the Blue Peter dog? You might be right but I remember him/her as having slightly longer hair.

and if it is Nemo Slater_Scott, what on earth is he doing fronting Marillion? Doesn't he know his dad's out looking for him!?

No, its the Jaws toothed Drum and Bass star.

And No, the ever popular big scottish Dick isn't fronting Marillion anymore, thats why his dads looking for him.

***FISH UPDATE****

The fat long haired has been is playing ...wait for it... Darwen Library Theatre in the next few weeks.

Sorry for all you legions of fans out there but I'm unsure of the exact date and ticket prices.

Theproblem that your swan has is that it lacks any variation to it's game. You know exactly what you are going to get with a swan. Large, white, surly, lot of noise, a  tendancy to focus on the arm. But with your goose, well things are far less predictable.

Your average plain white goose (Farmyardus Idlus) would probably be no match for even a rookie swan with little or no experience of the ring. Your Canada goose (moosus goosus) would do well for a while, proclaim to be British whilst it was on top, then slope off back to Canada once the weather over there warmed up a bit.

But you've also got your serious heavyweight geese. Your Pink foot goose (Nortonus mincus) is a big old thing that could definately cause the swan a few issues. Big on power, up for it every night, wears you down in an attritional kind of way. Makes you lose the will to live so that you eventually give up and offer yourself up for decorative art work on match boxes.

So your choice of goose would undoubtedly influence the outcome of any serious ruck.

As for sharks and tigers - over two legs (home and away) the tiger does it every time. Just got too much in it's locker for your shark.

I can't believe Fish is playing Darwen Library! It'll end in tears. What will they want with a fat alcoholic Scotsman? I can hear it now "Excuse me, I appreciate that Lavender is indeed blue, but can you keep it down a bit, I'm trying to read"

As for sharks and tigers - over two legs (home and away) the tiger does it every time. Just got too much in it's locker for your shark.

I think this locker business is unfair on the shark - the tiger has a  big, jungly locker all to himself whereas the shark has to use Davy Jones' locker (once of The Monkees I think) when he's not using it. It's a teeny-weeny locker as well. The tiger's bound to have more is his locker.

And this thing about Nemo playing heavy rock in Darwen Library is a disgrace! He should be made to whisper like everone else!!

EDIT: Damn! Beaten to the Darwen library wise-crack! That was fast typing Bob!  :)

I wonder about the state of mind of some of our members, will have to send you on an internal exile... Your misplaced childhoods obviously suits you, still we are clutching at straws waiting for seasons end now.

I can't believe Fish is playing Darwen Library! It'll end in tears. What will they want with a fat alcoholic Scotsman? I can hear it now "Excuse me, I appreciate that Lavender is indeed blue, but can you keep it down a bit, I'm trying to read"

Yes Bob, but to get over this potential problem he is going there Incommunicado.

Yes Bob, but to get over this potential problem he is going there Incommunicado.

Bob isnt daft, he knows you know.

Just to keep this from going totally off topic - with it being a Rovers web site and all that - I've heard that Glenn Kayleigh is the support act. Glenn can't sing or play any instruments, he'll just be propping Fish up.

Ian Lavender from Dads Army is also popping along to do his Private "PIKE" act.

Also, theres Stickelback, the tribute band to that canadian band who did "How you remind me".

I wonder about the state of mind of some of our members, will have to send you on an internal exile... Your misplaced childhoods obviously suits you, still we are clutching at straws waiting for seasons end now.

Ah. After a quick Google on Marillion songs I've discovered you weren't telling me off as I thought initially!

:laugh:  :oops:

An encyclopeadic knowledge of marillion/fish songs is not a good thing.

Totally agree. However I only know Lavender and Kayleigh, which are probably their two most famous songs. That's hardly an encyclopeadic knowledge. Although "Encyclopeadic Knowledge" will probably be their next album - if they're still going. Which I have no idea if they are or not because I don't like them, and never have. Or ever will. Ever.

An encyclopeadic knowledge of marillion/fish songs is not a good thing.

Totally agree. However I only know Lavender and Kayleigh, which are probably their two most famous songs. That's hardly an encyclopeadic knowledge. Although "Encyclopeadic Knowledge" will probably be their next album - if they're still going. Which I have no idea if they are or not because I don't like them, and never have. Or ever will. Ever.

This Is The 21st Century - so expect they have stopped now.

***FISH UPDATE***

The big untalented buffoon is playing Darwen Library Theatre tomorrow and sorry people it's sold out.

There's an interview with him in the Inside Out section of tonight's LET complete with picture.

He's bald as a coot now...but obviously not as hard as one as we all know of the legendary fighting instincts of this fine bird.

I must be one of the lucky ones as i've managed 2 get hold of a ticket for Fish's gid tonight. As ive been collared into taken the other half out tonight i cant make it so i am willing 2 sell my ticket. The selling price is 17p , i realise that this is quite expensive but i will throw in a 6 bedroomed mansion and a fleet of sport cars (NO OFFERS PLEASE) Anyone interested can meet me under the clock at Darwen bus station , please wear a white carnation.

***FISH UPDATE***

The big untalented buffoon is playing Darwen Library Theatre tomorrow and sorry people it's sold out.

There's an interview with him in the Inside Out section of tonight's LET complete with picture.

He's bald as a coot now...but obviously not as hard as one as we all know of the legendary fighting instincts of this fine bird.

*** UNOFFISHAL FISH UPDATE ***

Fish will be appearing on Never Mind the Buzzcocks on Monday 16th Feb

Hopefully we will see him punch Mark Lamarr.

Back to the original topic - Big Ron had it right when he stated it's all psychological. Geese are mental, Swans are not. Ok sure Swans have the physical potential to be the dominant birds in this fighting class, but when it comes down to it, it's all about the will to win. Geese want to win - not just for the glory, but because it makes them feel hard. That makes this a non-contest in my opinion - unless the Swan has gone intensive psychological training to get a bit mental itself, then it's a close run thing.

:D  :laugh:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.