BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Season tickets 2022/23

Unfortunately this is the collateral damage when those running the club are making ticketing policy up on the hoof in panicked response to crap sales and being given a shoeing on social media.

The fact that these U-turns are a regular occurrence under this plonker seems to be lost on him.

6 hours ago, goozburger said:

The number discrepancy in N05 has settled since last night. I think the club might have made some sort of error and changed around 58 seats from unavailable to available since the system came back online yesterday. No other discrepancies from what I can see.

I can continue posting numbers in the meantime.

Waggott is right that the number of new season ticket holders is encouraging. A few thousand if I'm not mistaken. It's the number of non-renewers which is a concern, which I've adjusted from 2,395 to 2,337 since last night's post.

I think your method is flawed.

I renewed my season ticket this morning, however, I had to call the club to do so. My seat was blocked out as reserved online - and obviously until about 8 hours ago it was technically empty. 

Seems I’m in a similar boat to others. Was weighing up getting a season ticket for me and my lad, but the £30 surcharge is putting me off. I’m 33 and have probably had a season ticket for around 15 years of my life (not had one for a few years). Still been going to 5-10 games a season and buy bits from the club shop. All in all I’m hardly a ‘new’ customer. Add in that due to my lad being 6 we’d probably miss 5 games a season (weeknights during term time), and I’m not sure it’s worth it. 

We’d definitely still go to matches but it’s much easier to give it a miss when you don’t have a season ticket. All being said, I am excited about the new season so there’s a good chance I’ll still go through with it. I’m going to ring up on Monday to see if there is any wiggle room in avoiding the extra £30 (yes I am a tight arse as well). 

• Like 3

Season Ticket Estimate

Latest*: 7,190 (+108)

*Excludes season ticket renewals between 17th-30th June.

Previous Updates
Friday 17th June 2022: 7,082 (+8)
Thursday 16th June 2022: 7,074 (+39)
Wednesday 15th June 2022: 7,035 (first count)

Notes

• The count is an estimate based on the number of unavailable seats in all saleable blocks in the ticket seat map.
  • The (+xx) figure represents the number of tickets sold since yesterday based on the two estimates. Until 1st July, consider this figure as brand new season tickets holders (see point 5).
  • When a seat is added to the basket, it is marked as unavailable for up to 28 minutes. A small number of these will inevitably be included in the count, even if the purchase isn't completed. This behaviour will likely be consistent on a daily basis during the count, and whilst unavoidable, it shouldn't affect the gist of the estimates.
  • There are 159 non-saleable seats in W01, and 543 front row seats which are presumed reserved for wheelchair users and carers, of which it is not possible to determine how many have been sold as season tickets. A total of 702 is therefore deducted from the amount of unavailable seats.
  • It is assumed that 2,256 of all unavailable seats are currently reserved for last season's ticket holders who haven't yet renewed. It is not possible to view how many of these 2,256 have renewed because all of them will remain as "unavailable" until 30th June whether they have been renewed or not. 2,256 will therefore be deducted from the running figures until the loyalty scheme ends on 30th June, after which all seats should have an accurate status. This will likely boost the figures in the first available count after the loyalty scheme ends.
  • Finally, remember that this is just an estimate. I will stand to be corrected when official sales figures are released.
Edited by goozburger
  • Like 5

9 hours ago, goozburger said:

Season Ticket Estimate

Latest*: 7,180 (+108)

Previous Updates
Friday 17th June 2022: 7,072 (+8)
Thursday 16th June 2022: 7,064 (+39)
Wednesday 15th June 2022: 7,025 (first count)

Notes

• The count is an estimate based on the number of unavailable seats in all saleable blocks in the ticket seat map.
  • The (+xx) figure represents the number of tickets sold since yesterday based on the two estimates. Until 1st July, consider this figure as brand new season tickets holders (see point 5).
  • When a seat is added to the basket, it is marked as unavailable for up to 28 minutes. A small number of these will inevitably be included in the count, even if the purchase isn't completed. This behaviour will likely be consistent on a daily basis during the count, and whilst unavoidable, it shouldn't affect the gist of the estimates.
  • 712 of all unavailable seats are considered unsaleable, i.e., all front rows of all three stands (reserved for carers and so on), and a block of seats in W01 closest to the Darwen End stand. Please note that some of these will actually be season ticket holders and should be included in the figure, but it is not known how many.
  • It is assumed that 2,337 of all unavailable seats are currently reserved for last season's ticket holders who haven't yet renewed. It is not possible to view how many of these 2,337 have renewed because all of them will remain as "unavailable" until 30th June whether they have been renewed or not. 2,337 will therefore be deducted from the running figures until the loyalty scheme ends on 30th June, after which all seats should have an accurate status. This will likely boost the figures in the first available count after the loyalty scheme ends.
  • Finally, remember that this is just an estimate. I will stand to be corrected when official sales figures are released.

Has your wife :-

(a) Stopped speaking to you?
(b) Stopped sleeping with you?
(c) Stopped cooking for you?
(d) Left you?
(e) Gone to live with your best mate?
(f) Gone to live in Burnley?
(g) Booked an appointment with her solicitor?

Asking for a friend 🙂

• Like 6

I'm not getting one this year but it's purely because there's no value in it given my circumstances. I'll miss most midweek games due to work/family commitments and miss a few weekend games because my other half has to work some weekends and other social commitments usually crop up too.

What would appeal to me is a membership scheme similar to the Blackpool model:

Adult, Young Adults (18-21) and Senior Memberships are just £15 for the season and includes:

- £5 discount on all matchday tickets (1 per member)

- Priority purchase on away ticket (after season ticket holders)

Sounds like they've done it so they can charge away fans 30 quid a pop but their members would get equivalent tickets at 25 a pop too, quite clever if a little bit naughty.

Simple yet effective if you ask me and I'd buy one tomorrow as it'd suit me down to the ground.

• Like 3

Can't even remember the 1875 club if I'm honest, will have been a ST holder then though.

Just seems an easy thing to do and there's very little required from an administrative point of view.

Might just be my selfish thinking though as it would suit me....

3 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Pretty much the only club with more ridiculous prices than us… their sales are reportedly also well down, funny that!

I just posted this, because I thought the Boro fans reaction in that thread, mirrored our fans reactions. I don't really have a right to question ST prices etc, because I've never been over, but I do feel for our fans, who genuinely want to get one, but can't. 

11 hours ago, goozburger said:

Season Ticket Estimate

Latest*: 7,180 (+108)

Previous Updates
Friday 17th June 2022: 7,072 (+8)
Thursday 16th June 2022: 7,064 (+39)
Wednesday 15th June 2022: 7,025 (first count)

Notes

• 712 of all unavailable seats are considered unsaleable, i.e., all front rows of all three stands (reserved for carers and so on), and a block of seats in W01 closest to the Darwen End stand. Please note that some of these will actually be season ticket holders and should be included in the figure, but it is not known how many.
  • It is assumed that 2,337 of all unavailable seats are currently reserved for last season's ticket holders who haven't yet renewed. It is not possible to view how many of these 2,337 have renewed because all of them will remain as "unavailable" until 30th June whether they have been renewed or not. 2,337 will therefore be deducted from the running figures until the loyalty scheme ends on 30th June, after which all seats should have an accurate status. This will likely boost the figures in the first available count after the loyalty scheme ends.

Great updates mate, looking forward to seeing it after June 30th!

23 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

Can't even remember the 1875 club if I'm honest, will have been a ST holder then though.

Just seems an easy thing to do and there's very little required from an administrative point of view.

Might just be my selfish thinking though as it would suit me....

It was something they introduced to both ST holders and non ST holders back when we were in league one.

As a ST holder it was meant to give you extra priority to away games and a load of other stuff. 

As a non ST holder you got a few quid off match day tickets etc and put you above standard non ST holders in the que for away tickets. (Not that it was ever needed apart from Fleetwood).

I had it for a couple of seasons and realised it was a con as a ST holder.

There should be something similar in place for non ST holders though to get them money off match day tickets etc.

Edited by MarkBRFC
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Upside Down said:

So another con to fleece our own fans again. 

As a ST holder you should have away priority anyway.

Something like that would.be goo for non ST holders to give them priority and a discount on match day tickets. 

I guess that's how Blackpools offering differs. Season Ticket holders get priority, then the members, then general sale. I'm not really arsed about that aspect though as we've got enough season ticket numbers in our group to go round for the aways 

2 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Yep all my away game crew panic bought membership due to Fleetwood FOMO (imagine thinking that a decade ago!), got bugger all else out of it!

Have to admit thats why we got them just for that one game. We thought there might be an outside chance of needing them for Bristol Rovers too but that ended up going to general sale.