BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Gta:san Andreas

GTA:SA is out on Friday (to us UK folks, the septics already have it and the Aussies may have to suffer an edited version), so that's me occupied until Christmas smile.gif

Remember folks. It say 18 on the box for a reason, NOT one to let your little darlings play (although you know if they don't they'll be picked on at school and just play it at a mates house anyway unsure.gif). I can just smell the moral outrage already, I bet the Daily Mail letters page is being prepared as I write this).

Having read everything I can on it I have to say one of the things I'm most impressed with is the muscial choice.

For Example

Helmet - Unsung

Depeche Mode - Personal Jesus

Faith No More - Midlife Crisis

Danzig - Mother

Living Colour - Cult Of Personality

Primal Scream - Movin' On Up

Guns N' Roses - Welcome To The Jungle

L7 - Pretend We're Dead

Ozzy Ozbourne - Hellraiser

Soundgarden - Rusty Cage

Rage Against The Machine - Killing In The Name

Jane's Addiction - Been Caught Stealing

The Stone Roses - Fool's Gold

Alice In Chains - Them Bones

Stone Temple Pilots - Plush

... And that's just one Radio Station of 11 (150 tunes in all), with Axl Rose as the DJ.

I can just see myself tearing down Rodeo Drive on a stolen motorbike with "Been Caught Stealing" playing over the sound of police sirens or base jumping off the Golden Gate to Fools Gold.

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This game is the first game I have truly looked forward to in about 10 years

More so than the CM clones or any production line FPS game, and i'm gutted that I wont be around for 2 weeks to play if if I dont get it first thing friday.

Soundtrack was one of the standard features of GTA:VC.. Everytime The Cults Sanctuary was played, I couldnt resist nicking a motorbike and just bombing around town at full speed. GNR and RATM will probably bring out similar feelings..

Can't believe Rockstar aren't releasing the PC version in tandem with it's console equivalent. I know it's all down to the terms of their arrangement with Sony, but Vice City on PC was much better than PS2, if only for the MP3 player and no auto aim. Looks like I will have to wait another few months before I start ripping up San Andreas.

Two things that are really good about this weekend:-

1. GTA is out on Friday

2. Rovers are on the Telly (Most of you know I cant get to Ewood every week before anyone jumps on my back)

Reason why the above makes no difference to me anyway:-

1. The Mrs decided to book us on a Murder Mystery weekend in Carisle

What did I say to her about it:-

Listen, what the heck (well you know what word I used really) are you doing booking that weekend for us to go away you stupid cow

CRACK (that was the sound of me getting a slap)

My reply to this was - what time is the boat

Anyway, for those like me who wont be able to see or play the game at the weekend, take a look at THIS (Click Me) (I know that I have posted the link in another thread - possibly Glenn did too)

thumbs-up.gif

Well, following someone's advice on this site, I have ordered it from Play.com.

Agree with SteB that this is the one game I've been looking forward to for a long time. No idea when Play.com willl deliver it though...

I really can't wait to play on this game.

I have all the previous GTA games and have enjoyed them all.

Vice City was good but I tended to get dizzy after playing on it for some reason, out of them all so far I enjoyed GTA:3. The missions that you had to on that particular game was more exciting than any other.

San Andreas, the reviews I've read and seen on television I'm guessing that I'll be spending a lot of time on it.

I really can't wait to play on this game.

Vice City was good but I tended to get dizzy after playing on it for some reason,

Most people would get dizzy too if they sat playing a PS2 game for 18 hours at a stretch.

I think you should change your name to tvismylife.

I'm looking forward to it but I can't see me playing it for a good long while yet...thanks to my finacial situation mad.gif

I'm excited for it but there are other games I'm looking forward to more. The big one for me will be Brothers in Arms, due out early 2005.

I was soooo close to convincing Toys R Us to selling it me last night.

guy who works at a company near me says the sister company were giving the game out as raffle prizes yesterday!

I would have bought allot of tickets for that raffel. Knowing my luck, I would have won an apple and an old lady who bought 1 ticket would have scooped GTA - I'm gonna get that old lady for taking that game, youll see - MMMWWWWHHHHHHHAAAAAAHHHHAAAAAAAA (Evil laugh you understand)

Just got this message from play:

-------------------------------------------------------------------

GTA: San Andreas

Dear Customer

The publisher of this title has underestimated demand and we cannot guarentee dispatch of your order for the release date. We expect additional stocks over the next few days and anticipate the delay you experience will be minimal.

We would like to appologise for any inconvinience, which has been caused by factors outside of our control.

Kind Regards,

Play.com Customer Service

----------------------------------------------------------------

Somebody is going to get some smackdown. I'm going back to the original thread to see who recommended play.com to me

Which is precisely why I didn't pre-order it, Play.com do that a lot with big releases.

I am however being incredibly sad and intend being at the local 24hr ASDA at midnight (not that I have to have it then, just to ensure I actually get it tomorow).

why anyone would want to download something that big is beyond me

Full dvd-r is usually over 4gb, no big deal.

Anyway, I though you were a regular on fatbirds.com !

ohmy.gif

hell is fatbirds.com

4.7 gig, if your guna download why not just go rent it and 1:1 it!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.