BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Gta:san Andreas

Probably PC, since all the others did, but not the older consoles.

Come to think of it, maybe they'll even keep it away from PC, given the likelihood of hackers uncovering anything untoward, like the San Andreas nonsense.

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks great...but one thing puzzles me. Maybe I'm just being really thick:

GTA 1 + GTA 2 + GTA 3 + GTA: VC + GTA: SA + NEW GTA = GTA: VI?

So how come it's GTA IV?

I have no proof of this but my guess is that you had GTA 1 and GTA 2 on the PS1. The first GTA 3 came on the PS2 then they were just called Vice City and San Andreas sooooooooo here we now have GTA 4 - could be totally wrong though (and I normally am :rolleyes: )

That does sound logical. The other idea I came up with is that they're not counting the early games as part of the series, so the new one will be the fourth in 3D. However, that would cause confusion when trying to refer to GTA 3, so your theory sounds better than mine.

The numbers refer to the game engine, VC and SA were just additions to the existing engine rather than starting again. So it's

GTA 1

GTA 2

GTA 2.1 (London)

GTA 3

GTA 3.1 (Vice City)

GTA 3.2 (San An)

GTA 3.1.1 (Liberty City Stories - Uses the 3.1 engine)

GTA 3.1.2 (Vice City Stories - Uses the 3.1 engine)

GTA 4

This is worth a look:

GTA Forums post

It's scans of the magazine article where all the details are revealed. Main points - only one city, no planes to fly, Russian criminal boss is called Roman.

None of those pics are coming up for me. Bit of a shame if there are no planes to fly - find that hard to beleive though

None of those pics are coming up for me. Bit of a shame if there are no planes to fly - find that hard to beleive though

Here's the quote: "In terms of scale, this GTA experience shouldn't be much different than San Andreas". The only noticeable difference is that players won't be able to pilot airplanes. "There are no planes, because it's just a city," adds Houser. "Apart from the fact that [the vehicles] are similar. We want it to feel realistic and gritty. [bellic] is not going to be riding a unicycle or rollerblading. We are giving choice and variety that feels right for the character. We're not suddenly saying there are no motorbikes. we are keeping all of that stuff. It's the same range and diversity that we had, but to fit the character."

Somebody typed the whole thing out here:

GTA forums again

Also: downloadable content is only for the 360 version!

Edited by M-K

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.