SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Gta:san Andreas

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know what ..... It's not bad wink.gif

I expected you to come on here telling us about every little detail about how amazing it is and we should get our food supplies in now because we wont be going out for a while.

Are you saying that its good but dont get over excited or are you being sarcastic?

Erm, sarcasm smile.gif In lots of ways I'm finding it better than the hype, lots of little tweaks (like the details on the buidling) and not so little ones (the greately improved handling of cars). At only 3 hrs play I've still not started to explore it, but from what I've seen so far it *is* the best PS2 game to date.

The only downside (other than the framerate, clipping, and pops that every PC fan will always point out about every GTA on the PS2) for me is the Boyz In the Hood story line, whilst I don't doubt the dialogue is authentic even with the subtitles turned on I'm stuggling with the narrative a little, but then, I'm not exactly "straight outta Compton".

It is quite nice that when I dressed CJ up like a Chav (baseball cap, trackie bottoms and checked shirt (as near as I could get to burbury)) my respect went down and people on the street (or is that "da street" smile.gif ) started laughing at me !

DMF > When I have kids they can get their own god damn PS2 smile.gif (and I sure as hell won't be buying them an 18 rated game like GTA until I feel they are old enough to apreciate and understand it. I was amazed last night at the number of parents who were obviously buying it for the the pre-pubescent sprog that was with them. But that's another rant for another day).

BTW, I did manage to get SOME sleep (between 2am and 6:30am).

Guest Kamy100
In lots of ways I'm finding it better than the hype

sad.gif

Stupid friggin play.com

The worst place to buy new releases. Don't know when they're going to deliver it.

sad.gif

Should have bought it from Tesco they are are selling it for £29.99 (cheaper than PLAY). Have they dispatched it? If not cancel the order and nip down to Tesco.

In lots of ways I'm finding it better than the hype

sad.gif

Stupid friggin play.com

The worst place to buy new releases. Don't know when they're going to deliver it.

sad.gif

Should have bought it from Tesco they are are selling it for £29.99 (cheaper than PLAY). Have they dispatched it? If not cancel the order and nip down to Tesco.

Is there a cancellation charge?

Had a look at the web-site and can only find info on returns and not on cancellations although the option to Cancel Order is still there...

any help?

Nope.

Go to your account, and then to the item and you cancel from there. There is no charge.

Cheers kamy. Just done that and in 5 minutes am off to tesco's.

I shall mug the customer who has the last copy in his shopping trolley...

Just bought the game on my lunch hour. in the manual it has info about places to eat, drink and gambling. Have all these feature been added to the game then?

No, they put that in the manual just to confuse you....

(thank god this site doesn't have a sarcasm filter.)

To be fair to Hughsey, the manual isn't like a traditional manual, it's done as a fake tourism guide to SA and it's not obvious which bits are satire and which are hints at game features.

Its like a guide as you said and until i get home n play i wont know what is just for the guide n what is part of the game.

So thanks for the comments American. BUSH OUT!! laugh.gif

My one response on the Bush out issue: They both suck. It royally ticks me off that I pay double the federal income tax, percentage wise, than the millionaire Kerry/Heinze family.

(Though I do like a shaved woman.)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.