BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Rovers Fans At Norwich

Tris

I completely understand that many fans are upset about the situation at Ewood regarding standing / away fans / rubbish football.

I also understand the way most (Rovers) away fans behave and what they expect.

Today at Carrow Road, I was embarassed to be sharing the away fans enclosure with some of our so called supporters.

My impression was that some people travelled to Norwich with the sole aim of causing trouble.

Whatever is going on at Ewood should not be an excuse for abusing stewards at Norwich (or anywhere else) because some locals are standing up.

I'm pretty vocal, and love away games. Overall this weekend was another enjoyable one. Rovers all over town since Friday night, great pubs, great city, great people.

But what on earth is going on when Rovers fans are verbally abusing stewards because people 100 yards away in a different area are stood up?

We have a fantastic reputation - many say Rovers fans are the most welcome visitors out of the 92 league clubs.

Today that reputation was being ripped to shreds. Behind me to my left was a guy in his 50s who I've seen at several away games. Watching the game and supporting the Rovers, as he has clearly been doing for most of his life.

Several tossers in their early youth and their designer caps ripped in to him, because he asked some ###### up ###### to sit down. He was with his daughter.

He brought her to watch football, it ended up he was abused by fellow Rovers "fans" and had to walk away and out of the game to preserve his own dignity. Will his daughter ever go to football again ?

I'm pretty vocal, and love away games. Overall this weekend was another enjoyable one. Rovers all over town since Friday night, great pubs, great city, great people. (nice Castle).

edit - said that twice - it must be true.

The Norwich stewards and police dealt with the match situation with intelligence. At least 5 Rovers fans should have been heaved out, but to do so would have created more immediate problems.

Don't worry, you 2 tw@ts on row FF, I reported you to the senior stewards, the police, and thanks to mobile phone technology your pics are going to Ewood as well. I hope I never see you in a Blackburn fans area again.

This really isn't the time to start muddying the good name of the club because results on the pitch don't please us. We've been to hell and back before, and as fans have been beyond reproach. We probably have more appreciative plaudits than any other of the 92 league clubs.

So I suppose this is a plea not a rant. We can support the Rovers without getting branded as stupid northern tw@ts. Let's try and keep it that way.

Edited by Tris

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yay!! I can agree with Tris!!!

Standing in a sitting only area isn't big and it isn't clever. It's against the law and I wish the police had been there in enough force to just heave the lot of you who insisted on standing, out.

There were two particularly sad individuals who appeared to be the ringleaders, wearing the ned's uniform of obviously fake Burberry caps who stood up almost continuously. I think a new rule should be passed whereby anyone wearing fake designer gear should be barred from entering football grounds. Fake Burberry is the domain of Cardiff City and Burnley. 'nuff said.

I don't want to be associated with stupid people who don't want to obey the laws of the game. So the Norwich City fans were standing- SO WHAT? Hopefully action will be taken against them by their own club.

If you want to go and cause trouble at way games, find another club to support. You're not wanted at ours.

Well said Tris.

I do like to stand up however if supporters behind me want to sit I am not going to be an idiot and stand continouously infront of them, I will sit down in that case.

There's no excuse for lads having a go at other supporters for that reason or abusing stewards, I wasn't there so I can't comment on it any further.

Behind you 100% Tris. And Jan you're right about the Burberry caps, although it does not it easier to spot the nerds for the police and supporters alike; "Here I am, I'm a moron" on a tee shirt would serve the same purpose. (And be cheaper).

It's not big and it's not clever.

I got some abuse at the Celtic away game because I chose to sit down and asked two blokes, who were sat in front of me, to do likewise. Fortunately I was forceful enough to get my own way. It's like a badge of honour amongst some of the micro-brained youth who follow the club, to want to stand up at a game. Why? Just sit down and behave...... or else.

I didn't realise that the guys abuse of the stewards was solely down to their persistant standing. I thought something had been done or said that caused the fans to react, obviously that isn't the case.

I was about 3/4 rows behind the people in question, slightly to the left,(if they are the ones I think you mean) and it was extremely frustrating to say the least. The constant pointing out of the home fans standing was really petty as well.

Tris, of the people standing, was one wearing a black jacket, black hair and thick rimmed black glasses, with a slightly older man to his left constantly turning round to face the stewards at the top of the stand? Must have been seat numbers between 15-20.

I tried to join in the chanting, but not when the songs were about Burnley or the police and stewards.

I vowed last season never to attend away matches after Rovers morons spoilt my afternoon by standing up in front of me.

I decided to give it another try at Norwich - and the same thing happened again. Thank you very much you cretins.

I shall not be attending away matches again - and neither will be other members of my family until the clubs weeds out these anti-social miscreants.

It was the sheer daftness of the individuals concerned that was most staggering.

After being asked repeatedly to sit down - very politely by a chief steward - and refusing, when asked again, with a police man nearby, did they think "looks like we're onto a loser here lads"? No, course not, all they did was try and encourage other people around them to stand up as well.

Now some fans did so, obviously using the logic if 10 people stand up, the stewards and the police will get so confused they won't know which of the group were the ones they'd been speaking to for about 15 minutes.

Further evidence at the cunning plans of the group in question was that towards the end, they swapped seats (by up to three away!), again in a strategic masterplan to outfox the officials. Admittedly, this was rather undermined by two in particular turning round to face the police and acting as if they were giving the bobbies enough time to paint potraits, let alone take pictures.

After reading this I'm really looking forward to my first away trip since the SF at OT and my first visit to COMS. If my kids can't see I shall not be happy.

Today that reputation was being ripped to shreds. Behind me to my left was a guy in his 50s who I've seen at several away games. Watching the game and supporting the Rovers, as he has clearly been doing for most of his life.

Several tossers in their early youth and their designer caps ripped in to him, because he asked some ###### up ###### to sit down. He was with his daughter.

Tris thats precisely why I go to so few away games these days. I've never been verbally abused or threatened personally but I've witnessed such behaviour and felt anger and embarrassment for other innocent and decent people far too often.

I don't want to sound snobbish but Blackburn is a sh1t hole that is populated by far too many ignorant, boorish low-life morons who I do not want to even sit within earshot of never mind beside or behind, and I can assure you I am no saint. I feel that I have absolutely nothing in common with such scum as they dont even watch / understand / or try to enjoy the game as a spectacle.

Somehow respectable away fans, or fans taking their wives and children etc really should be allowed to purchase 'proper' seats in other areas eg in the Darwen End JW stand (where grounds are not full up) rather than being herded like sheep into pens full of d1khead scum. If it means paying more then so be it.

Id rather be able to go watch some football without having my day ruined by a number of quasi burburry clad ###### who think they're actually hard. Hahahahahaha.

Christ even me a 12 stone weakling could kisk seven shades of ###### out of em.

pricks.

Next game we're both at tris lets sort em out (ie I'll hide behind you and make cutting remarks wink.gif )

Agree 100%

It was an absolute disgrace. Every away game now we have to listen to to**ers just argue about standing up, obviously trying to cause trouble, you are boring little 15 year olds who drink half a can of cider and think you are clever. We dont want you watching our club. There was a young lad and his little mate who were sat infront of me, prob about 15, who stood up constantly then got told to sit down by that lad and refused, he grabbed one by the neck and dragged him down (the lad nearly **** himself, soft *******) then people on the row behind them started having a go at the lad who grabbed him (more burberry idiots trying to impress their girlfriends). Then it nearly kicked off with people infront. Its a disgrace, some of us want to watch the game, rovers need to send someone to awa games in plain clothes and take pictures of these people, then ban them from all rovers games, they arent wanted.

Edited by Blackpool_Rover

rovers need to send someone to awa games in plain clothes and take pictures of these people

They do! they`re the one`s standing up.....so they can get a good picture dry.gif

Good post Tris.

I don't get to as many away games as I would like, my first one this season will be at COMS too. I will be with my daughter & my father.

Last year at the COMS I had the misfortune to be sat behing a trio of mouth-breathers who were there seemingly to taunt the opposition fans and stand up at every opportunity. It didn't matter too much that game, I was with different people.

Next week I will be more than happy to report similar morons to the City stewards. They obviously do not have the brain-power to realise that their behaviour has knock-on effects on other people (perhaps a reflection of parts of society in general, but that's another story.)

I can understand what Trish was getting at, I went to Carrow Road, and saw events. I actuallly had seat 30 on row NN. Which was the seat on the back row right by the Norwich fans and I can tell you I lasted three minute in my seat.

I suffer from damaged muscles and would not have coped with the constant standing. So had a word with the stewards at the back. They were great and moved me to the front row. Thank you Norwich stewards but I must say that I was only moved on the grounds I would not stand up or be a nuisance. Thanks a lot, they would have known if I was in shear pain and could not move down the steps at the end of the game, because I had had to stand up for ninety minutes.

I had two police officers in front of me and they were radioing up to the police at the back whom to move. From where I was sat it was the stewards who started the problem. We were even talking about it with the stewards at the front.

I know why a lot of Rovers fans are also annoyed. If you have seen the letter sent out by John Newsham with the Manchester City tickets. It really annoyed me. We have 90 minutes of away fans standing at Ewood and then we get letters about our conduct at away games. We should be getting it right in our own stadium first. Our own club has double standards. One set of rules for the Blackburn End and one for away fans.

You never see our stewards wade into the away fans and tell them to sit down, like they did at Carrow Road.

Accylass

Good post Tris.

In my 20's I followed rugby union at club and international level as that was the game I played.

In my 30's I followed rugby league after moving back ooopp north...

In both codes if there was any trouble by loud mouth young fleurklers rather large "lads" in their 40's would ask them ever so politely to "shut the fleurk up". And if they didn't...... wink.gifsmile.gif

Now is the time to join the campaign to allow the decent majority to do whatever it takes to defend their "home areas" against burglers.

Let's put our beer bellies to use for once....

Next game that moronic roveryobboyahoos step out of line let the balding fat middle aged righteous amongst us bounce them out of our ranks once and for all......

ph34r.gifrover.gifthumbs-up.gif

I know why a lot of Rovers fans are also annoyed. If you have seen the letter sent out by John Newsham with the Manchester City tickets. It really annoyed me.

Isn't this just a standard letter that gets sent with all away tickets? I think I have pretty much got the same letter with every set of tickets I have bought this year. If the home team requests Rovers to tell the fans that they are meant to sit down then they send it with the tickets. I know that it doesn't happen at Rovers but that issue has been dealt with in length on other threads.

I read all the topic and, even if i can't attend any game, i give you all my support.

Those teens need to be stopped and learn a lesson.

Please, don't stop attending any games because of them. If you do so, it's their win and the club and supporters loss.

I hope someone can do something about it...

I read all the topic and, even if i can't attend any game, i give you all my support.

Those teens need to be stopped and learn a lesson.

Please, don't stop attending any games because of them. If you do so, it's their win and the club and supporters loss.

I hope someone can do something about it...

Thing is, it's not just teens. The offending group also included someone who was in his mid/late 20s and someone who was probably in his 40s...