BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Rovers Fans At Norwich

Tris

I was there at Carrow Road on Saturday and was seated right at the back of the away stand in row NN. I could not believe the small group of ###### 4 rows in front of me purposely winding not only the stewards up but also goading the Norfolk constabularly. They were asked to sit down but ignored the request and persistantly stood up annoying the stewards and police but even worse upsetting fellow Rovers fans who had paid hard earned cash to watch their team. They were all obviously worse the wear for alcohol and these mindless idiots are intent on dragging the name of our beloved team and their supporters into the gutter.

If you are one of those ###### reading this please do not associate yourself with Blackburn Rovers F.C we do not want or need your support. Take yourself off to Turf Moor where you probably will be welcomed with open arms.

We want good honest away fans who back the team. NOT fans intent on winding up the opposing teams stewards and local coppers for their kicks.

Cheers PoshRover

One other thing i must say beware of Stan from Darwen his mate does not like a hot madras. lol.

tinykit.gif

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great post Tris, I have to say that the behaviour of some of our fans was one of the only sour notes of a great weekend for me. Every pub we went in we met either friendly locals or friendly Rovers fans. Why then do we have a situation in the ground where our own fans spend the entire game abusing the stewards and worst of all their own fans.

I'm not going to name individuals here but you know who you are. We all saw you and you should be ashamed. When a fellow fan asks you in a polite manner to sit down there is only one response to make. That response is to sit down, it is not acceptable to hurl abuse and demand they stand up.

Despite what you seem to believe the majority of our travelling fans don't appreciate your behaviour and don't think you are on some kind of crusade to stand up for your rights. What irritates me is there is just no excuse because I and most of the people I go with have a few drinks before the match and are often quite vocal during it. None of them behave in the same manner as you lot did though and if they did then they would be told.

As other people have said, it's not just kids either. There was an older guy about 4 rows from the back who got involved at any opportunity and just shouted abuse at the police along the lines they were a disgrace. Why? Because Norwich fans were standing. Do you complain when pulled over for speeding that someone else was doing it as well? How old are you that you're only argument is they are doing it so why can't we.

I would rather have 50 less fans as that is the amount that are causing this problem. We would still have a good atmosphere and still enjoy the games just as much. Just ask yourselves how you would feel having your Dad or Mum abused simply for asking people to do what they should be doing anyway.

Don't worry, you 2 tw@ts on row FF, I reported you to the senior stewards, the police, and thanks to mobile phone technology your pics are going to Ewood as well. I hope I never see you in a Blackburn fans area again.

What do you want, a medal ???

"Excuse me mister please sit down, no, ok then i'm gonna tell the steward"

Oooooh you big fairy, let the stewards and police deal with it themselves. That's what they get paid for!

Oooooh you big fairy, let the stewards and police deal with it themselves. That's what they get paid for!

The only thing I want is for Rovers fans to enjoy games.

When I looked at the two idiots on row FF, strangely I wondered if you were one of them. In the end I decided neither of them would be able to type.

I know you go to England quite a lot, and in a way admire your dedication. But your attitude (looking at your posting history) sucks.

Rovers need family based support. Why are you trying to alienate the future of our club? Every time you slag off ome of the older generation you're giving them the perfect reason to abandon the Rovers, and take their kids with them.

The people in the stands who you love to hate are the people who have kids who should be coming to games.

Read back through this thread, because there is NO SUPPORT for your cynicism or your self-centred arrogance.

Norwich was an interesting away day. First sell out for several years. Ewood Blues started drinking at 6am, and it showed - many of them behaved disgracefully.

In the pub after the game, lots of people were very vocal about the "idiots towards the back". Everyone reading this thread needs to take some responsibilty, and make sure that we hold on to the tag of being the best away fans in the league.

I vowed last season never to attend away matches after Rovers morons spoilt my afternoon by standing up in front of me.

I decided to give it another try at Norwich - and the same thing happened again. Thank you very much you cretins.

I shall not be attending away matches again - and neither will be other members of my family until the clubs weeds out these anti-social miscreants.

Ahhhhh .bring on the Violins

Don't worry, you 2 tw@ts on row FF, I reported you to the senior stewards, the police, and thanks to mobile phone technology your pics are going to Ewood as well.  I hope I never see you in a Blackburn fans area again.

Too right Bud

Tris has Rovers interests deep in his heart. He's raised a subject that doesn't really have an impact on him other than his concern for the image of Rovers as a club. The reaction from a couple of posters is exactly that which deters people from travelling.

I'm taking the kids on to COMS on Saturday and frankly this thread is beginning to make me dread the occassion. Like it or not modern football needs family support, especially little clubs like ours. This does not mean the "traditional" support should be marginalised - any football crowd has always been made up of families, how else would support for your club be passed through the generations - but it does mean that all fans have to recognise their responsibility to their fellow supporters.

At the Liverpool game I received a mouthful of abuse in the FS from a fellow supporter who wanted to leave early with his kids. He and his three children stood on the steps directly in front of us for the last few minutes of the game and then abused me when I asked him to move. Wonderful behaviour and a great example to the fans of tomorrow.

I'd applaud any fan who attempts to ensure Rovers fans behave in an exemplary fashion. Fail to do this and any arguements others may have with the club over standing etc are immediately rendered worthless.

I lost all interest in England years agoand would never take my children to watch them. Why? I simply don't want to be associated with the stereotype of the boorish, drunken louts that follow the team. It's simply embarrassing and does not represent the vast majority of decent peole who do want to support England. Do people want the same to happen to Rovers?

.......it does mean that all fans have to recognise their responsibility to their fellow supporters  ......

In an ideal world that would happen but it's wishful thinking I'm afraid: you only have to read the "standing up" thread to realise that their fellow Rovers fans are the last people these "supporters" are concerned about.

....  I'd applaud any fan who attempts to ensure Rovers fans behave in an exemplary fashion......

You may applaud that fan Paul but will you back him up when he gets involved in an argument or worse ? As you pointed out, a father with three kids gave you a mouthful of abuse for your reasonable request - would you risk the possibility of physical violence by saying the same to a group of youths ?

Norwich confirmed my worst fears about supporting Rovers away from home. I will not be going to the City match when local rivalry is certain to inflame the neanderthal tendency even further, and I certainly will not encourage my family to attend matches until this problem is addressed by either the club or the game's authorities. Potential Rovers fans lost and the game and the club suffers in the long run. Shame.

1) When I looked at the two idiots on row FF, strangely I wondered if you were one of them.

2) But your attitude (looking at your posting history) sucks.

1) Unfourtunalty, I now refuse to travel to away games anywhere out of the north west due to cost, so no I wasnt there.

2) Please explain ??

I also think a little humour might help you if you re-read my post !

Good post Tris good to see ya again but lets not get this out of proportion here.

People know my feelings on the standing up situation (I prefer to stand) but from my seat it appeared to be a select few in the midst of it - the surprising thing is the mix of those people involved and not just the stereotypical cap wearing teenagers.

However, what I do agree with is it was an embarrassment the way they where conducting themselves and the 'you only sh#t on away fans' chant - although the stewarding did seem to be a bit over the top with the wading in etc.

What needs to be taken into the context though is we as a club only have a minority and are far from being worse than the like minded idiots from other clubs.

As I said lets not over emphasise it here as I'm sure we will get far more on Saturday - especially when taunted by the Citeh fans of similar nature.

This can only go to giving strength to the pro standing campaign and the areas for people to stand - keep standing to an area and you won't get the constant embarrasing chants and unneccessary confrontations and will keep those who want to stand away from those that want to sit.

And before those that go on about the safety issue of standing - the situation of the crushing underneath on the concourse at half time should raise more worries.

Whinge, whinge, whinge!

Rovers fans get grief because they stand. Were they not just doing what the norwich supporters were?

It is the police and stewards problem, therefore they should deal with it. Not other rovers fans

Im sorry but until other supporters start to sit then you cannot moan about the rovers fans. It will get worse, before it gets better.

I wasnt there on saturday but it sounds to me like the rovers fans are simply doing the same as other fans do at our ground.

As for the crap regarding burberry/ aquascutum caps etc, its an easy target. Just because a lad wears a cap, doesnt mean he is a hooligan

....  I'd applaud any fan who attempts to ensure Rovers fans behave in an exemplary fashion......

You may applaud that fan Paul but will you back him up when he gets involved in an argument or worse ? As you pointed out, a father with three kids gave you a mouthful of abuse for your reasonable request - would you risk the possibility of physical violence by saying the same to a group of youths ?

Well in the past I've done the following:

Tried to discuss with others the fact it's better to support the team than spend the entire game complaining. On that occassion all I got was a tirade from the moaners.

Asked a drunk in the FS to moderate his language and received an apology and hand-shake.

Tried to engage the police in a discussion about Rovers fans being asked to sit in the BBE and been threatened with ejection.

If my kids enjoyment is being spoilt I'll ask anyone to sit. If I get thumped I'd request the police to prosecute. As I'll be with children I can't say I'd leave them to support another fan. Hopefully there won't be a problem of any sort.

It is the police and stewards problem, therefore they should deal with it. Not other rovers fans

Im sorry but until other supporters start to sit then you cannot moan about the rovers fans. It will get worse, before it gets better.

It's that sort of attitude that decent Rovers fans are up against.

Asked a drunk in the FS to moderate his language and received an apology and hand-shake.

If my kids enjoyment is being spoilt I'll ask anyone to sit.

In that case you are a brave man. Trying to have a "reasonable" conversation with these people is just not worth the risk in my opinion.

The next time someone stands up in front of me I shall find the nearest policeman and ask him to deal with it.

It's that sort of attitude that decent Rovers fans are up against.

Attitud?

Im simply stating the truth. You cannot expect rovers fans to start sitting down, when week in week out, other clubs come to ewood and stand.

The root of the problem lies at ewood.

As for decent rovers fans. Iv been a season ticket holder since i was 11 and iv been to every away ground in the prem and most of the championship.

Im simply stating the truth. You cannot expect rovers fans to start sitting down, when week in week out, other clubs come to ewood and stand.

BUT, what about the people, who don't want to stand, sat behind the people who will not sit down? Is it just tough sh*t? They've paid alot of money to go and watch the game.

I'm 6 ft 4 inches - I prefer to stand, the seats are very uncomfortable for someone of my size, BUT I'm not going to spoil it for the people behind me - I'm not that selfish and arrogant! IF they did have some sort of standing area, I would be in there like a shot, but until there is I'm going to respect the people around me, not behave like a complete ****.

i think so-called 'decent' rovers fans should realise they are fighting a losing battle.

and this is all relative, my old man objects to going and has done for years because of the unecessary foul and abusive language of fans. but those who have remained have become desensitised to this and have come to accept this, and this pattern continues as the general standard of behaviour gradually declines, as older fans pass on and younger ones come through.

As has been said already Blackburn is, on the whole, a shithole, and the calibre of the individual you will have attending from Blackburn will reflect that.

the question remains to me Tris, what 'decent' fans are you responsible for bringing down to the Rovers games, and how are you making a positive and visible contribution to this problem?

BUT, what about the people, who don't want to stand, sat behind the people who will not sit down? Is it just tough sh*t? They've paid alot of money to go and watch the game.

I'm 6 ft 4 inches - I prefer to stand, the seats are very uncomfortable for someone of my size, BUT I'm not going to spoil it for the people behind me - I'm not that selfish and arrogant! IF they did have some sort of standing area, I would be in there like a shot, but until there is I'm going to respect the people around me, not behave like a complete ****.

I know what you are saying about the people who dont want to stand and cant see but if you ask the majority of rovers fans to sit down then they will tell you no, because the person in front of them is standing and so on.

You simply need to tell the steward or police. It is there problem to deal with the standing fans. You can simply ask them to sort the problem or ask them to move you if they cannot sort it.

This sounds like being back in the playground.

"But sir, SIR! It's not fair, 4B are allowed to stand up, why can't we? Oh sir!"

Being selfish just because other people are getting away with it and you don't want to miss out is still selfishness. Just because a lot of burglar get away with nicking gear, does that mean you're going to go on the rob as well?

The only time I stand up is when there's a moment of genuine excitement (not often with Rovers) and people in front are standing up. That's just natural.

I know what you are saying about the people who dont want to stand and cant see but if you ask the majority of rovers fans to sit down then they will tell you no, because the person in front of them is standing and so on.

You simply need to tell the steward or police. It is there problem to deal with the standing fans. You can simply ask them to sort the problem or ask them to move you if they cannot sort it.

I think you responded to someone elses message, and not mine.

living in London, I basically only go to away matches. Also being the only Rovers fan I know I usually persuade a mate to come along with me. The behaviour of our away fans over the years makes me proud to be a fan and means that my Spurs and Chelsea supporting mates never fail to comment on what a positive and good humoured experience it is.

I wasn't at Norwich but I have to say the 5 lads (none of them over 18) sat in front of me at the Chelsea game were a disgrace and ruined the experience for me even more than our performance. They spent the first 45 minutes slagging off their own fans and the stewards without getting behind the team once.

What are they trying to achieve? I almost wish the stewards had let them into the Chelsea stand - there are a lot more thugs there who would show these little sh#ts what hard really is. Personally I'd rather be part of the nicest fans in the league.

Jim, The stand/sit thread is not an example that the majority want to ruin the experience. If you actually read most of the posts, the majority want a section so that they can stand without inconveniencing those behind them. Not everyone is like Hughsey who just wants to stand, f-all who are behind him. "But Mommy, Timmy gets to stay up until midnight on school nights." The MAJORITY of the fans seem to want to find a happy balance, and that is what the stand/sit campaign is about.