BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Rovers Fans At Norwich

Tris

Im simply stating the truth. You cannot expect rovers fans to start sitting down, when week in week out, other clubs come to ewood and stand.

BUT, what about the people, who don't want to stand, sat behind the people who will not sit down? Is it just tough sh*t? They've paid alot of money to go and watch the game.

I'm 6 ft 4 inches - I prefer to stand, the seats are very uncomfortable for someone of my size, BUT I'm not going to spoil it for the people behind me - I'm not that selfish and arrogant! IF they did have some sort of standing area, I would be in there like a shot, but until there is I'm going to respect the people around me, not behave like a complete ****.

I know what you are saying about the people who dont want to stand and cant see but if you ask the majority of rovers fans to sit down then they will tell you no, because the person in front of them is standing and so on.

You simply need to tell the steward or police. It is there problem to deal with the standing fans. You can simply ask them to sort the problem or ask them to move you if they cannot sort it.

Hughsey, you're missing the point.

When 7,000 ManUre fans come to Ewood I would say 95% of them are blokes with no consideration for anyone else but just how much of an arrogant tw@t they can be. Collectively they want to stand, and when 7,000 fans all decide to stand there's nothing stewards, or even the police can do about it.

By contrast, of 1500 travelling Rovers fans (and that's a good turnout) there's a much greater mixture of families, women, old/very young etc etc. As well as the occasional follower. You have to understand that the majority of these supporters do not want to stand!! And of course, the majority of those that do, don't suffer from the same insecurities as our Manc friends down the road, and will respect the wishes of those that wish to sit down and also sit down.

This makes the tiny percentage of the away following that are obsessed with standing up no matter what, just appear stupid sad morons with no real life to speak of. Think about it..... blink.gif

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with what you say and i know what your saying but what can you expect when we see 7,000 away fans standing at ewood? Obviously you are going to get supporters who then try to do the same.

It is therefore the job of the rovers stewards to point out to the police, who the consistent offenders are.

The rovers stewards who travel away should make a note of the consistent standing fans, take a pic of them and then identify them when they return to ewood. Once they have identified the offenders, they should warn them about their conduct at future away games and also that they risk being thrown out with litttle warning by the officials on that day.

Then throvers stewards should make the police aware on the day of who to watch for standing, so that they can get rid of them asap and hopefully stop the problem at the root.

I agree with what you say and i know what your saying but what can you expect when we see 7,000 away fans standing at ewood? Obviously you are going to get supporters who then try to do the same.

Nothing obvious about that at all Hughesy. No-one has a right to stand at a football match, no matter what anyone else is doing.

Photo's, back to Ewood to keep watch on these people? That's silly Hughesy.

The upshot of rovers fans standing at away games, is that rovers will have their away allocation cut. That's the real scenario.

No matter how much people on here talk about it, Standing is ALWAYS going to be an issue at football grounds, wether it be Rovers, Man Utd or whoever. I for one would rather stand up and do especially if I can't see because the people in front of me are standing. I don't ask them to sit because it doesn't bother me personally. If I am able to see sat down and somebody politely asks me to sit then i will do but I don't respond to people who say "Oi, Sit"

Last thing I read on here about the standing issue is that it was the law of the land. Just because away fans stand at Ewood, Rovers fans should obey the law, even if they don't like it. This is a petty argument that will never be won by either side. The obedient ones will get frustrated and the renegade standers will think they are in the right as "it's what watching football is about". The law was created for a reason, the Hillsborough disaster, there is plenty of literature around explaining why. I've been to football stadiums both before and after the implementation and I believe that sitting down has made the game better for me to watch. I'm not a singer so that aspect never interested me. It has made it much safer to take kids to, something that Rovers desperately need - a new generation of fans.

As for the crap regarding burberry/ aquascutum caps etc, its an easy target. Just because a lad wears a cap, doesnt mean he is a hooligan

As for this quote; An easy target? If I walk down the street dressed as a vicar most people will assume I am one. Wearing desinger caps has connotations with hoolignans, if you don't want to be labelled don't wear them, simple.

. It has made it much safer to take kids to, something that Rovers desperately need - a new generation of fans.

As for the crap regarding burberry/ aquascutum caps etc, its an easy target. Just because a lad wears a cap, doesnt mean he is a hooligan

As for this quote; An easy target? If I walk down the street dressed as a vicar most people will assume I am one. Wearing desinger caps has connotations with hoolignans, if you don't want to be labelled don't wear them, simple.

I take my little un with me on the blackburn end and he is safe,exept for the time i lost him but thats another story,he loves it and loves singing his little head off.If he cant see i lift him up no problem and he doesnt winge if he cant see just gets me to lift him ...its no sweat .

as for dont wear the caps what a load of burnley....what in hells name as it got to with anyone else what another person wears,i have a broncos hat does that make me a hoolie.No names but people on here wear burburry caps but doesnt make them a hoolie.My mrs bought a burburry watch because she likes it but she hates footy but why shouldnt she wear it because people are judgemental on what she wears.

I dont like celery or green beans but dont call people freaks because they like it.

. It has made it much safer to take kids to, something that Rovers desperately need - a new generation of fans.

I take my little un with me on the blackburn end and he is safe,exept for the time i lost him but thats another story,he loves it and loves singing his little head off.If he cant see i lift him up no problem and he doesnt winge if he cant see just gets me to lift him ...its no sweat .

as for dont wear the caps what a load of burnley....what in hells name as it got to with anyone else what another person wears,i have a broncos hat does that make me a hoolie.No names but people on here wear burburry caps but doesnt make them a hoolie.My mrs bought a burburry watch because she likes it but she hates footy but why shouldnt she wear it because people are judgemental on what she wears.

I dont like celery or green beans but dont call people freaks because they like it.

biggrin.gif Quality post

I have worn an aquascutum cap before for football matches, along with other designer labels. Im not a hooligan so why put everyone in the same boat who wears labels?

I have worn an aquascutum cap before for football matches, along with other designer labels. Im not a hooligan so why put everyone in the same boat who wears labels?

fair enough, but it's not really hard to spot the people we're talking about they are the ones who don't give a crap about football and just want to hurl abuse even if it's at their own fans.

We're not even talking about hooligans here - the potty oiks at chelsea wouldn't last 5 minutes in a ruck, they're just playing at being hooligans and because the rest of us are well behaved they know that large scale trouble won't kick off.

they're losers and we should let them know.

One other thing i must say beware of Stan from Darwen his mate does not like a hot madras. lol.

tinykit.gif

I'd appreciate it if we'd leave the 'Stan from Darwen' thing alone. I had very bad nightmares on Saturday, although that might have had something to do with the 6 bottles of Riggwelter and 1/2 bottle of Glenmorangie.

What the local brew in Peterborough then ? blink.gif

Accyrover

When all is said and done, it doesn't matter one bit what people are wearing - makes absolutely no difference.

And it doesn't change the fact that there were people in the away section on Saturday who were an embarassment to the rest of us, caps or no caps.

I like many would love to see standing areas back at football grounds and various bodies (like FFC / Stand Up Sit Down) are doing what they can. It may work it may not.

Either way, if a minority of travelling Rovers are going to use the standing issue week after week at away games to scream abuse at stewards and have a pop at fellow Rovers supporters, then it's going to become a real pain in the arse.

I don't know what actually went on with these incidents down at Norwich.

But, if there were Norwich fans standing up constantly throughout the game and Rovers fans are getting agro for it of stewards, then it's not fair.

But constant abuse at stewards and police isn't acceptable, either is police/stewards telling certain supporters to sit and not the others, I don't know if this happened.

I do like to stand. But I'm not ignorant, I will sit down if the fan behind me wishes to sit.

If people wish to stand they should if they can head towards the back of the stand to stand if they want and can.

Opera houses have seats, theatres have seats, cinemas have seats. People sit at these venues.

Why is it only the "special minority" think you should stand where there is a perfectly good seat at a football ground which is against the law and upsets YOUR OWN FANS?

• Backroom

You don't no because u weren't there so don't comment.

Everybody is entitled to an opinion Poshrover... Just because a person didn't attend the game doesn't mean he/she can't comment about it

Freedom of speech and all that tongue.gif

You don't no because u weren't there so don't comment.

So people arent allowed to comment on specific issues because they werent there? Bizarre.

It appears that a minority of Rovers fans on Saturday went out of their way to have a pop at the local constabulary, the stewards and other rovers fans. That is totally unacceptable. The standing issue is a red herring and people shouldnt get dragged into it again.

Bottom line, we all go to football to enjoy it (which is hard enough sometimes with our lot!) and we dont need muppets to get in our way, shout the odds, be generally aggressive (all of which it seems happened)

It appears that a minority of Rovers fans on Saturday went out of their way to have a pop at the local constabulary, the stewards and other rovers fans. That is totally unacceptable. The standing issue is a red herring and people shouldnt get dragged into it again.

Bottom line, we all go to football to enjoy it (which is hard enough sometimes with our lot!) and we dont need muppets to get in our way, shout the odds, be generally aggressive (all of which it seems happened)

Look no matter where we go this season this is going to be a problem and an issue. As we have said it is a small minority. I have had to move on more than one occassion at away games because of this issue. Sometimes for me it is easier to move myself. Which I did and had a great time at the front. talking to a gentleman from Huntingdon. My comments to him were the morans are off again.

We should not have to put up with it, but unfortunately it has become part of the way of life for some fans of our club. It will not be tolerated at City next week. They do throw fans out for standing up constantly throughout the game. I just hope they are on the opposite tier to me next week.

A lot has to do with how we are treated at Ewood. As Accyrover says this is a bone of contention with me. I think the stewards at Ewood have two ways of handling fans and I certainly have not been impressed this season with how the Blackburn End has been dealt with.

It even hit the local press about standing up at the game and I think you will find it is the same morans again. But they allow away fans at Ewood park to stand whilst we have to sit down. I am sick of watching the stewards writing the seat numbers down of constant offenders.

So lets all be sensible about this and follow the rules, instead of becoming all hot and bothered about comments people are making. Unfortunately, we all have our own opinions on this issue and we are never all going to agree

Look no matter where we go this season this is going to be a problem and an issue.

No it's not. It's only going to be a problem where we sell a significant percentage of our allocation.

Where we don't the persistant standers stand at the back (along with the prefer-to-stand-if-not-inconviencing-others folks) where at most grounds the stewards turn a blind eye.

Sadly, whilst this WON'T be an issue at most away games, it WILL be an issue at City and more importantly it WILL be an issue at home unless something is done about it NOW.

Excellent post Tris, had to be said!

I agree with everything that has been said and its about time the majority of us away fans got to grips with the ignorant towny chav scum that are ruining away games.

I am definately someone who prefers to stand up at both home and away games, and were possible I always go to the back of the stand at away games if we haven't filled our allocation, so that i can stand with the other singers up there i.e. Jordan. But we don't go about it in a thuggish way and if were asked to sit down, we do it.

This lot deliberately make a point of standing up to rebel against the rules in there pathetic child-like manner, and i'm sure if everyone got to grips with them then they'd see they were out-numbered and no longer welcome.

so that i can stand with the other singers up there i.e. Jordan.

By the way where is Jordan?

Probably still trying to impress people in Norwich with his card trick laugh.gif

Seriously though, the situation with the stewards/police this year has seemed to be worse this year than last. Last season for as many games as we could we headed towards the back of the stand at away grounds. I'd say that on most occasions we stood up a bit, but generally when we were asked to sit down we did, then stood up again when Rovers got remotely near the goal.

Compare this to Norwich where people were just blatently standing up for the hell of it, and imo were just antagonising the police and stewards.