Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The Rovers Fans At Norwich

Tris

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

.... Blackburn is a sh1t hole

Theno, altough I agree with most of what you have said, I can't help thinking that this example of insidious self loathing is the root cause of a lot of the problem attitudes discussed in this thread. Constantly send out the message to kids that they live in a sh1thole and they will eventually treat it as one.

Edited by Ewood Spark

I think this thread is a perfect illustration of just how hard it is to hold an educated reasoned discussion about this topic, it started of alright but has just descended into petty squables completely off topic.

Everything isnt black and white, the attitude of the typical chav is so frustrating its untrue

When people say they would like to sit down during a game it doesnt mean literally for the full 90 minutes, of course they want to get to their feet at moments of genuine excitement e.g corners, promising attacks. Its not boring to sit down, vocal cords still work etc. Also standing is fine as long as everyone who wants to sit can see.

It has to be accepted as well that blackburn attract a completely different away support than your typical club. ours is made up of OAPs kids and famillys as well as the odd gang of lads. People who say "well man utd stand up for the whole game" obviously dont appreciate this distinction.

On the topic of singing then of course its alright to sing songs about burnley and have banter with the opposing fans, thats a fundemental part of the atmosphere and every club does it. I think the point the our chavs miss is that the complaint is more to do with how these anti burnley/stewards songs seem to dominate all the singing at the games.

At times over the last few seasons if youd have stuck a neutral in our away end he'd have trouble guessing who we support. On saturday at norwich i couldnt believe my ears at the end of the game when i heard our "hoolies" chanting "best away fans in the league" it was truely cringe worthy after 90 minutes of burnley/steward bashing.

Theno, altough I agree with most of what you have said, I can't help thinking that this example of insidious self loathing is the root cause of a lot of the problem attitudes discussed in this thread. Constantly send out the message to kids that they live in a sh1thole and they will eventually treat it as one.

Conversely , if you praise the Blackburn With Darwen Council to high heaven then the kids will think they live in paradise ?

Nah ...it doesn't like that either wink.gif

(Sorry for mentioning heaven and paradise ES unsure.gif )

Can't believe that some lads on here are being slated because they like to enjoy what people call a football atmosphere. No matter what club you watch your going to get things like banter between fans, taking the mick out of your local rivals, standing up at moments of anticipation and lads having a couple of drinks. These things are called having a good time in your youth and people are going to have to accept them - no wonder the crowds are dwindling! I like to wear the clothes I feel most comfortable in and if that happens to be Paul and Shark, Stone Island, Aquasacutum then I'm not going to change it for a flat cap because of the vast majority of my fellow fans see me as an embarrasment. Can't wait for city if this is the mentality of my fellow supporters sad.gif !

Edited by Linny8

Can't believe that some lads on here are being slated because they like to enjoy what people call a football atmosphere. No matter what club you watch your going to get things like banter between fans, taking the mick out of your local rivals, standing up at moments of anticipation and lads having a couple of drinks. These things are called having a good time in your youth and people are going to have to accept them - no wonder the crowds are dwindling! I like to wear the clothes I feel most comfortable in and if that happens to be Paul and Shark, Stone Island, Aquasacutum then I'm not going to change it for a flat cap because of the vast majority of my fellow fans see me as an embarrasment. Can't wait for city if this is the mentality of my fellow supporters sad.gif !

There is absolutely nothing wrong with anything you describe in this post.

There was, hoverver, a lot wrong at Norwich.

I cannot put it in simpler terms.

(I didn't even see any flat caps).

It's only about manners and common sense.

I wasnt at the game Tris so I'm only going off what certain people have been moaning about on the MB. It just seems to me that some people have a problem with the aspects of football I mentioned in my previous post. I agree with what you were saying about the lads who were standing up and dishing out abuse to anybody who objected but I just think that there are quite a few rovers fans who are going over the top with the clothing and banter issue - its a part of football GET OVER IT! tinykit.gif

Too late was the cry!

Sorry ES but if it's down to me thaen it appears that I must have been saying the same thing for the past 30 odd years. sad.gif

btw I know that you mean well but you really must try and get out more. smile.gif

You should have seen me jumping around the living room when we scored the second against Liverpool. Are you teeling me that when Rovers score when you are watching a game on the TV, you don't cheer, or anything!!

I shout and jump around the room when we score.

I do of course admit to raising the odd eyebrow in celebration when we do score, but as for standing up whilst Emerton knocks a corner to the first defender...........Naaaah.

Linny8,

I'll be at City, will be a good day (Hopefully 3 points).

I will be dressed in my normal everyday clothes (Just happen to be the clothes you mentioned above).

I will be having a few beers, a good old sing-a-long, and will no doubt take the p**s out of a few mancs.

Can't believe that some lads on here are being slated because they like to enjoy what people call a football atmosphere. No matter what club you watch your going to get things like banter between fans, taking the mick out of your local rivals, standing up at moments of anticipation and lads having a couple of drinks.  These things are called having a good time in your youth and people are going to have to accept them - no wonder the crowds are dwindling! I like to wear the clothes I feel most comfortable in and if that happens to be Paul and Shark, Stone Island, Aquasacutum then I'm not going to change it for a flat cap because of the vast majority of my fellow fans see me as an embarrasment.  Can't wait for city if this is the mentality of my fellow supporters  sad.gif !

Linny8,

I'll be at City, will be a good day (Hopefully 3 points).

I will be dressed in my normal everyday clothes (Just happen to be the clothes you mentioned above).

I will be having a few beers, a good old sing-a-long, and will no doubt take the p**s out of a few mancs.

Do you want a medal or something, youre missing the point so dramatically its untrue.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with any of the above things youve mentioned, as far as im aware nobody has attacked youre right to sing or drink or stand up for moments of excitement or have a good time. Infact these have been encouraged throughout the thread.

The clothing labels mentioned above are simply associated with hooligans (this is impossible to deny), simply wearing them doesnt mean youre a hooligan of course not. The kids acting like arses at norwich on saturday were dressed in these labels FACT. If you happen to wear these kind of labels then good look to you, nobody is going to judge you for what you wear, only if you act like a t**t.

Edited by Quinn the Eskimo

Do you want a medal or something, youre missing the point so dramatically its untrue.

Of course they are missing the point. This thread has become completely diverted from the original point it was trying to make. Maybe it's the typical childish response some choose to employ when asked not to do something they go way over the top. e.g Please could you not hurl abuse and threats of violence at your fellow fans when they ask you to sit down gets the response adopts kevin the teenager style huff right then i'll just sit down and not sing or get excited at all then.

It's the very same mentality that feels they have to stand up because others are doing it. I'd have more respect for these people if they were making a real stand for something they believed in but they are only doing it because someone else is. How pathetic is that?

For one last time can we just be clear on this. On Saturday if you are stood up then when someone asks you to sit down, please just do so rather than hurl abuse and demand they get up and support the team. That's all the majority want. Nothing to do with your attire, or having a few beers ( although maybe your inabuility to hold your ale is part of the problem) and certainly nothing to do with creating an atmosphere. Any clearer?

Thats because styles change. Its called fashion.

It was burberry, now its aquascutum. Just because a few muppets may like burberry, doesnt mean you should associate everyone as the same.

Von Dutch is currently a big name for caps, many lads wear it. I think its gay, does that mean that all the von dutch boys are gay? NO!

All the Von Dutch boys may not be gay but "the Von Dutch boys" sounds very gay indeed. If you want to dress up like a chav when you go to Ewood, don't be suprised if you get mistaken for a chav - seems pretty logical to me.

We all say, don't want to be alone, we wear the same clothes 'cause we feel the same..."

Of course the real irony is that all these idiots buy their ridiculously overpriced identikit tat from a shop called Originals.

MORPH so if you wear "the " clothes you should be expected to be singled out...what a load of rubbish.

THIS IS A FREE COUNTRY AND YOU ARE ALLOWED TO WEAR WHAT YOU WANT....so what if hoolies wear certain clothes if someone wants to wear them as well what does it matter....someone earlier said what happened to wearing the rovers shirt,i wear it at home ,i never ever wear one when i go away simply because i cant be arsed with home only pubs its less aggro getting in and less aggro from some idiot giving grief over your colurs.

btw i dont wear designer clothes ,unless you class buy one get one free from matalan.

Hmmm. I know where you're coming from Hughesy.

However, quite a big point coming up here. It doesn't matter. It's all down to perception. How you are perceived by the powers that be and others. Which means if you wear those caps and all the designer labels, Berberry, Aquascooter, Van Gogh, George, then you're going to be a marked man. That's fact.

Personally, if anyone feels that way out, you'd have more chance going unnoticed and avoiding unwarranted attention from the police if you went dressed in full Rovers colours.

I mean last week for instance an assault took place at Norwich and up until that point no one batted an eye lid - purely because the lad in question wore the right clothes. Sure he now has a three game suspension but no one saw it coming.

MORPH so if you wear "the " clothes you should be expected to be singled out...what a load of rubbish.

THIS IS A FREE COUNTRY AND YOU ARE ALLOWED TO WEAR WHAT YOU WANT....so what if hoolies wear certain clothes if someone wants to wear them as well what does it matter....someone earlier said what happened to wearing the rovers shirt,i wear it at home ,i never ever wear one when i go away simply because i cant be arsed with home only pubs its less aggro getting in and less aggro from some idiot giving grief over your colurs.

btw i dont wear designer clothes ,unless you class buy one get one free from matalan.

Abs, even if my post was 100% serious there is still a valid point to be made. People judge others on their appearance, that's just a fact of life. People also use their clothes as a means of making a statement about themselves, be it their lifestyle choice, sporting allegiance, musical tastes or whatever. If you are going to wear clothes associated with the "casual scene" you have to remember that those clothes, and the scene with which they are associated, hold negative connotations for a great many people. For all those of you who wear Burburry, Von Dutch, etc. please don't think I am telling you not to - you can wear stretch pink lycra and tell everyone you are the only gay in the village if it floats your boat, fashion is a personal thing after all. All I am saying is that if you dress in the "uniform" of the football hooligan, you can hardly complain if you are mistaken for one every now and again.

THIS IS  A FREE COUNTRY AND YOU ARE ALLOWED TO WEAR WHAT YOU WANT....so what if hoolies wear certain clothes if someone wants to wear them as well what does it matter....someone earlier said what happened to wearing the rovers shirt,i wear it at home ,i never ever wear one when i go away simply because i cant be arsed with home only pubs its less aggro getting in and less aggro from some idiot giving grief over your colurs.

Abs, even if my post was 100% serious there is still a valid point to be made. People judge others on their appearance, that's just a fact of life. People also use their clothes as a means of making a statement about themselves, be it their lifestyle choice, sporting allegiance, musical tastes or whatever. If you are going to wear clothes associated with the "casual scene" you have to remember that those clothes, and the scene with which they are associated, hold negative connotations for a great many people. For all those of you who wear Burburry, Von Dutch, etc. please don't think I am telling you not to - you can wear stretch pink lycra and tell everyone you are the only gay in the village if it floats your boat, fashion is a personal thing after all. All I am saying is that if you dress in the "uniform" of the football hooligan, you can hardly complain if you are mistaken for one every now and again.

Very well put there Morph.

Personally, whenever I see somebody dressed in Burberry, I think "pikey," and thats because 90% of the time they are. If not that, I still think they're idiots for forking out so much money on a single item of clothing, especially if they are my age - how the hell can students afford to spend 100's of pounds on single items of clothing?! In addition to that, Burberry, as an example, is just so plain and so common that it makes it all the more easy to brand people into one category. If you want to dress like the scum of our generation, then you cannot complain when you are mistaken as being so. Likewise if I were to dress in a pink dress, I wouldn't complain when people accused me of being gay. A ridiculous example you might say - well Burberry is so common and so associated with pikies nowadays that it's a very easy comparison to make.

Edited by tcj_jones