BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Parents Warn Your Kids!

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really don't think I would be alone on that one. A life where you were offered the chance of doing basically nothing is a life I really wouldn't want to have, and if I had to choose, I would rather be put out of my misery than have to live through it. The examples I gave were just examples of the limitations you face.

I'm glad to see that at least someone seems to care with me. Most of you are just swept up in a wave of media and tabloid coverage that has made such crimes the hot topic for the past few years. I'm not saying they aren't horrible, but it's the main reason why such criminals are singled out, when others who may murder, rape and steal are simply left to be.

Well steady on now, I feel nothing but contempt for a man (or woman) who takes pleasure in stealing a child's innocence, in subjecting them to horrific abuse. Of course they must be punished.

What I do object to is this old testament style hysteria and inability to think rationally. The victims' feelings are obviously the primary issue in such cases, but as a society we haven't evolved away from the law of the jungle only to do an about face simply because we buy The Sun's rhetoric.

Well steady on now, I feel nothing but contempt for a man (or woman) who takes pleasure in stealing a child's innocence, in subjecting them to horrific abuse. Of course they must be punished.

What I do object to is this old testament style hysteria and inability to think rationally. The victims' feelings are obviously the primary issue in such cases, but as a society we haven't evolved away from the law of the jungle only to do an about face simply because we buy The Sun's rhetoric.

It's only a guess, but you don't have kids of your own, do you ?

I wasn't saying I had any sympathy for those who committ the crimes, I really didn't want to come across like that. I am just against the death penalty, and also against the idea that this crime is so hideous compared to all the rest that these men should be treated as inhuman and dealth with so harshly compared to the rest of the standards society sets.

It's only a guess, but you don't have kids of your own, do you ?

My argument is hardly exclusive to those without children. I do have a younger sister, if that is of any relevance to you.

What if you are wronlgy convicted? What happens then?

Oh who cares about them? As long as the mob is appeased eh?

its not mob ffs its about protecting our kids from this vile filth....how the f you or anyone can stick up for them buggers belief. mad.gif

I'm glad to see that at least someone seems to care with me. Most of you are just swept up in a wave of media and tabloid coverage that has made such crimes the hot topic for the past few years. I'm not saying they aren't horrible, but it's the main reason why such criminals are singled out, when others who may murder, rape and steal are simply left to be.

Its got ABSOLUTLY SWEET FA TO WITH MEDIA OR READING THE SUN OR WHATEVER PAPERS YOU WANT REFER TO.......HOPE YOUR KIDS NEVER GET RAPED .

MATT .IF YOUR BABY SIS GOT RAPED WHAT WOULD YOU WANT TO HAPPENED TO THE SCUM THAT DID IT??

If they were to swing after the first time they did it then they wouldn't become a repeat offender.

OK folks,

Third and final attempt by me to put across a point of view based on that comment.

This is not about comparing child abusers with pickpockets. So to make it real simple this is about comparing child abusers with people who drop their cigarette ends on the floor.

OK?

Statement 1

Child abusers should be killed because that will make sure that they don't do it again (this is the comment I am arguing against BTW)

Fact Killing these people will indeed make sure that they do not re-offend.

Morally & ethically Is it right to kill these people just because it means they will not be able to re-offend again?

Statement 2

People who drop their cigarette ends on the floor should be killed because that will make sure that they don't do it again.

Fact Killing these people will indeed make sure that they do not re-offend.

Morally & ethically Is it right to kill these people just because it means they will not be able to re-offend again?

This is not about the seriousness of the crime it is about

If they were to swing after the first time they did it then they wouldn't become a repeat offender.

Please take time to read my post. Kindly do not accuse me of stupidity nor of equating dropping fag ends with mass genocide, the holocaust, Dunblane, Hungerford & The Yorkshire Ripper. If you feel the need to do so then you have probably not understood the gist of this message.

Chill Colin I was unaware I was accusing you of stupidity. wink.gif

I merely picked up repeat offenders and stated my view that child abusers shouldn't get the chance to reoffend.

Please don't try to create an argument where there isn't one.

I'll respect your right to a view without resorting to calling you stupid.

Kindly read other people's posts carefully esp where you disagree with them.

Okay chook? rolleyes.gif

Edited by SouthAussieRover

If they were to spend say 25yrs in prison for this heinous scrime and they were then deemed ready for release.

You say they shouldn't be given the chance to reoffend, well in our society they are given the chance 'not' to reoffend.

This is the way our society works, and has worked for quite a long time very well.

Yeah some of these people are very sick and probably don't deserve to see the light of day but that's not for me to decide, I don't think Im the person to say Mr X you don't deserve ever to see the light of day ever again.

Just remember 6 children are killed by strangers every year. Out of 12million children, that is a very small amount. And I know it's still 6 too many but killing the paedophiles won't reduce it at all.

The taking of a human life by the state can never be justified. It takes society back to medieval times.

Don't accuse me of taking the moral high ground. It is just makes sense. Any form of killing in cold blood (as opposed to self defence and in time of war) is barbaric. It is also irreversible in the light of fresh evidence.

Right-wing nutbars on one side, those with a less emotive view on the other.

And just as a matter of interest and in order to clarify your point for some of our newer members Bryan who cannot see you in your polyveldts, arran sweaters and your generally unkempt, unwashed appearence ......... which side of the argument are you coming from? tongue.giflaugh.gif

oooooh....... I just hate people like you who insist on stereotyping others! wink.gif

Okay chook?

Okay. I was just trying to clear up something in my own little incoherent way.

As long as "chook" isn't an insult down under I'm happy.

No offence meant.

Edited by colin

In an interview with the Observer at the weekend, Dave Jones spoke of the nightmare of being arrested and taken to court for child sex offences that he didn't commit. Jones blamed what happened for the death of his father - who fell ill and went into a coma when the news of his arrest broke.

That interview with the former Wolves boss can be read in the link below:

http://observer.guardian.co.uk/osm/story/0,,1358401,00.html

The Observer recently conducted an interview from behind prison walls with Jonathan King - who it seems is actually enjoying his time in prison.

The disgraced pop producer says that he enjoys "delicious spaghetti Napolitaine, in a tomato, mushroom and broccoli sauce, as well as a glorious chicken supreme" and describes the chips and gammon ham he's had as "the finest I've ever eaten anywhere".

Edited by Anti Euro Smiths Fan

well, what the bally heck were the Observer doing giving him column inches in the first place! huh.gif

Maybe the same reporter should now go into hospitals and see what cack they're being served, at least in Liverpool! Fancy menus, crap food. Not impressive. (And completely off subject! Sorry.)

Edited by rosie

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.