BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Manchester City 1-1 Post Match Stuff

colin

I think there is a sure fire way of beating city on Saturday. The way they play means that Rovers have to crowd the midfield, IMO that means playing 4-5-1

friedel

Neill  Todd or Short Johannson McEveley

Emerton  Ferguson  Flitcroft  Reid    Gallacher

Stead

subs

Jansen

Enckleman

Dickov

Todd or Short

Gresko or Thompson

This allows for a lot of different permutations should the need arise. Its quite clearly going to be the SRW show as City have to hope he is on good form. If Rovers can annul the threat of SRW and I mean putting Reid on him (speed wise he is probably only the Rovers player that can match him) then they are 3/4 of the way.

In the midfield battle zone, Fergie and Flitcroft can do the graft leaving Tugay to hopefully play the release ball to Gally and Stead

Having Gresko or Thommo on the bench gives us a lot more width or  a different positional midfield.

The other thing is that Rovers have to score first for a change. Leaving city to chase the game could give Rovers the added allowance of the midfield being wide open.

mark hughes ? are you reading this ? tinykit.gif

I hope Mark Hughes is not reading it as there is a flaw in the masterplan.

You haven't picked Tugay in your squad.

Try plan B

And we are always crap playing 451 - noboby ever appears to know what they are supposed to be doing 1864 which totally nullifies any attacking ability we have.

Lets just stick to keeping the same players for a change and try and get some consistency in the 442 system which is the only way BRFC can play.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The best we can get out of this game is a draw. that would be a success especialy away from ewood. is Gally fit again? good if it's true. someone other that dickov that will fight for the team. does anyone know how long it takes to get from Goucester to Manchester?

The best we can get out of this game is a draw. that would be a success especialy away from ewood. is Gally fit again? good if it's true. someone other that dickov that will fight for the team. does anyone know how long it takes to get from Goucester to Manchester?

About 2 1/2 hours barney.

how are you getting there?

Team should definately be, IMHO:

Dickov       Stead

Emerton    Ferguson   Thompson   Reid

McEvely        Todd    Johansson    Niell

Friedel

Bench: Gallagher, Pedersen, Tugay,  Matteo, Enckleman 

Can't see how anybody can argue with that, unless Short is back from injury which I dont think he is. The only question mark is over Thompson who, although he had a good game in the reserves this week, combined with Barry in the middle could leave us very lightweight defensively. Still, when the other options are Tugay and Flitcroft I say give him a go!

Feeling reasonably confident, provided everybody can stay on the pitch.

2-1 Rovers

Agree entirely with these sentiments, which is why I'd swap Tommo and Reid's position round as it would mean Tommo isn't in as much as a physical battle and both he and Bazza can get forward. Don't think the Stead Dickov partnership works that well but what other combinations are there?

Optimistic about this one, City don't cope well against organised teams and the last couple of games have seen a more professional Rovers. We should come back with a point if not all three.

First away game for me this season. Is any of the MB members meeting up in any pubs before the game?

Youri's not a popular choice anymore it seems sad.gif

Useful to bring on if we need a goal but shouldn't be starting, you have to mess with the system to fit him in and he's not good enough to justify that.

Friedel

Neill Todd Johansson McEveley

Reid Thompson Ferugson Emerton

Dickov Stead

I'd love to see a match fit De Pedro on the left but I'm doubting whether it's going to happen now.

First away game for me this season. Is any of the MB members meeting up in any pubs before the game?

Bloomin' heck I could spit.

I spent hours compiling the entry for the "Away Guide"

"The Moon Under Water" on Deansgate is the preferred option.

Bloomin' heck I could spit.

I spent hours compiling the entry for the "Away Guide"

"The Moon Under Water" on Deansgate is the preferred option.

colin's entry in the Away Guide is a good read HERE for those who need info.

It's the first post in Glenns name but written by colin

After re-reading Colin's excellent guide I'm going to visit the Marble Arch before the match. I've heard loads about it and I've never been before so it will be a first.

Nuclearsox and myself should be there from around 12:15ish if anyone wants to join us.

About 2 1/2 hours barney.

how are you getting there?

By Car.

• Backroom
After re-reading Colin's excellent guide I'm going to visit the Marble Arch before the match. I've heard loads about it and I've never been before so it will be a first.

Nuclearsox and myself should be there from around 12:15ish if anyone wants to join us.

You'll enjoy the Marble Arch Scotty... It's the pub you feel drunk in before you've had a drink ! (the sloping floor down to the bar sees to that)

Just remember to tie your safety rope to the door so's you can haul yourself back up afterwards ! biggrin.giftongue.gif

Where about is it?

After re-reading Colin's excellent guide I'm going to visit the Marble Arch before the match.  I've heard loads about it and I've never been before so it will be a first.

Where about is it?

Rochdale Road.

tinykit.gif

After re-reading Colin's excellent guide I'm going to visit the Marble Arch before the match.  I've heard loads about it and I've never been before so it will be a first.

Where about is it?

It's on Rochdale Road about 15 minutes walk from Victoria station.

Here's a link with a map.

Marble Arch pub.

It's dead easy to find just walk up Miller st. past the CIS building and turn left at the top where it meets Rochdale Rd. Then walk along Rochdale rd on the left hand side for a few hundred yards and it's on the left hand side a few streets after the Nawaab which is a cracking curry house. Great pub by the way and i'll hopefully be able to meet you there.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.