BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Parkes Sacked By Hughes !

Craigman

I can understand the sentiment on here I really can, but folks, mark this very day on your calendar for this is the first day of the rebirth of this club.

It has needed a shakedown for some time, I can't help but feel a virus of apathy had infected the club at all levels. I also can't help but feel that Mark Hughes is the cure for that virus. I for one am excited, we needed fresh ideas a new approach from the ground up.

A point was made in an earlier post that Sparky came here with full knowledge of TP's methods techniques etc and most likely knew before taking the job that Parksey would have to go, harsh but it is reality.

A new day has dawned for Blackburn Rovers and the day will be bright, has to be, it's Blue and White. Tear 'em up Sparky give us back a team to be proud of.

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What did Shearer say about there being no loyalty in football ? Well today proved that Rovers have come down to the level of the Rupert Lowes of this world . Another nail in the coffin of the notion that Rovers is a family club . It may have been once....

Well done John Williams - you couldn't even handle in a gentlemanly way the exit of a man who has given his all for the club for 30 odd years . What a joke . Learning from the Sun of his fate ? Why not a dignified one on one after the decision between yourself and Hughes had been made ? Was that too much to ask FFS ?

And how much money has this bold move saved ? A tiny , tiny fraction in a year that some of the stars earn in a week ? Not so bloody far off , I bet !

A total disgrace . Hughes at least has had the decency to express his regret at the way it's turned out . Has Williams spoken yet ? I know what I'd like to hear him say .....

Good call USABLUE,to those calling the club etc..its not their fault that some snidey little callous gobshite enjoys sh1t stirring to the rags.Like others have said, that said gobshite needs to be rooted out and severely dealt with mad.gif

What worries me even more is that this person of dubious character must be very close to the top to know such information.....are we talking about possibly one of our own board members/players here?

Mmmmmmmmm dry.gif

Edited by SIMON GARNERS 194

What worries me even more is that this person of dubious character must be very close to the top to know such information.....are we talking about possibly one of our own board members/players here?

Mmmmmmmmm dry.gif

Right, step forward Paul, Glenn Steb. C'mon guys who snitched? mad.gif

I feel sorry for Tony.

Apparently he was having his breakfast at home before leaving for Brockhall when a friend telephoned to ask him if he had seen the papers. He hadn't of course.

Parkes drove to work as normal (goodness knows in what state of mind) and Williams confirmed to him that the story was true. Thanks very much John.

The club have handled this very badly. The board made the decision to sack Parkes on Tuesday but took until Friday to let him know. They are obviously not gentlemen, unlike the man they have so callously cast aside.

rover.gif listened to a radio interview from a very solemn tp,the poor guy could not venture outdoors.for a man to give so much for so long to our club,his departure has left a very bad taste in his and my mouth.contractual difficulties my arse,i reckon not one off them could look him in the eye and tell him the truth tinykit.gif

I also can't help but feel that Mark Hughes is the cure for that virus. I for one am excited, we needed fresh ideas a new approach from the ground up.

Tear 'em up Sparky give us back a team to be proud of.

Is this the same Mark Hughes that you slagged off mercilessly when he was appointed manager?

Whilst I applaud the decision to restructure the backroom staff and try and breathe new life into our relegation threatened club, I can't help but feel sorry for 'Our Tony'.

The bloke's had 35 years at Ewood Park, where will he get a job now ?

They could have done worse than let him manage the club shop. When I've asked for a particular item in there in the past, the blank look from an face dripping with acne doesn't lend itself to good customer relations.

I disagree that it's about money Phil, Tony's salary won't even constitute a blip in the accounts. Hughes wants a fresh feel all round and that's no bad thing.

Blackburn Rovers Football Club. Restructure to improve - Admirable. Employee Relations - very shabby indeed.

I feel sorry for Tony.

Apparently he was having his breakfast at home before leaving for Brockhall when a friend telephoned to ask him if he had seen the papers. He hadn't of course.

Parkes drove to work as normal (goodness knows in what state of mind) and Williams confirmed to him that the story was true. Thanks very much John.

Really ?

In the interview on Sky Sports News Tony Parkes says he didn't go in to work today "for obvious reasons"

However, the details don't matter - the way Parkes found out about his fate is an absolute disgrace.

I can understand the shock and dismay some have shown BRFC for the handling of Tony Parkes.

That said, the team needs to move forward. It was handled poorly but I suggest it's time to get over it and move on.

Onwards and upwards for Rovers! tinykit.gifthumbs-up.gif

I disagree that it's about money Phil, Tony's salary won't even constitute a blip in the accounts. Hughes wants a fresh feel all round and that's no bad thing.

Its about principle. Garry Flitcroft has been at the club for a very long time but does that mean that at the end of his contract we keep him on the playing staff to make the odd reserve appearance on a low wage just for sentimental reasons?

Eventually, you have to move on and part ways.

Doesn't excuse the manner in which Tony Parkes was ejected but the reasoning behind replacing him makes total sense.

Souness didn't have the balls to get rid of Parkes - instead he demoted the guy.

And the outrage was much more when Souness demoted him than it is now.

I guess the rumors of him having a "lifetime" contract are false, then. Time for Hughes to get his own people in, just suprised that they didn't offer him some token low paying job with the club, or a minor part-time scouting position.

I feel sorry for Tony.

Really ?

In the interview on Sky Sports News Tony Parkes says he didn't go in to work today "for obvious reasons"

However, the details don't matter - the way Parkes found out about his fate is an absolute disgrace.

Yes really !!

He was at work today because I interviewed him there.

Tony has a story to tell but he wants it kept quiet while the club is in trouble.

you do realise that we are now going to pester you until you tell us now. Or is it just a cry for attention.

My thoughts on the subject

1) Gutted for Tony

2) Gutted for Rovers - obviously there is no loyalty in football, I hoped Rovers would be different

3) Grooby must be terrified for his job now - I expect any anti hughes postings on the official board and Lee will be back here cap in hand wink.gif

...why was he not given the opportunity to leave the club '..by mutual consent', if his exit is deemed so necessary?

And why right now?

The humble and loyal guy has been let down by Blackburn Rovers, regardless of his financial position, of that there is no doubt.

If Jack Walker did once demand TP was found and should maintain a role at Ewood, surely that should count for something in the face of all this hard-nosed pragmatism that many on here seem to share?

Shabby treatment of TP all round, not just the 'leak' factor. sad.gif

Thanks and all the best Tony!

And the outrage was much more when Souness demoted him than it is now.

I doubt that very much , American . I'm absolutely disgusted at the club for not finding a role for the man , and obviously not even approaching the subject with him . Williams has a lot to answer for and has gone even further down in my estimation ; and is Hughes that insecure that he has to get rid totally ? I'm sure that TP has spent 90% of his time at the club in the background and not interfering with past managers so why is Hughes throwing his weight around needlessly and against a target who isn't even on his radar ?

And I also doubt very much that J . Walker would approve of all this - and I'm not just talking about the way it's been leaked to the press. This betrayal wouldn't have happened with Walker at the helm . He had more of an affinity with what BRFC is really all about .

Willl a move like this bring back the fans ? I doubt it ; if anything it will alienate even more of them.

As has been said, the club have to move forward and it's a bold decision by Sparky but right now I feel absolutely gutted for Tony. Imagine how awful it must have been when he turned up at work to be told the appalling news that he was going to be interviewed by Jim Mk2!! ohmy.gif

I think it will really hit home tomorrow when Rovers are playing and he isn't involved for the first time in 30 years. I wish him all the best.

Just echoing everyone's thoughts really.

I am sad to see Parkes leave. He's done a fantastic job at the club, whenever the club has needed him, he's been there, helped us and saved us in the several times that he's stepped in as care-taker manager.

Thanks Tony for the servie that you have given.

tinykit.gif

What I don't understand about all of this is, when Hughes says the acedmy isn't what it is supposed to be, is he saying all this is Hughes fault, coz surley he decides from them who gets in the first team.

I also so the press conferennce with Hughes when he said that there used to be 2 in charge of the reserves but one left to go to Leicester and didn't think the role was big enough for 2 so he sacked Tony Parkes when he was the only one there.

I fear Hughes is trying to turn us into a mini Wales.

I just hope that I see Tony at the ground for years to come.

Mybe just maybe the man at the top now need to go.

They are slowly ruining this once great club, jOHN wILLIAMS DOES NOT CARE ABOUT BLACKBURN ROVERS AND NEEDS TO GO NOW.

My campaign starts here.

Just think if Mark Hughes leaves in 3 years time and takes his backroom staff then half of Wales are going to leave the Ribble Valley in one fell swoop.Who's going to be Caretaker Manager?There'll be nobody left except Ronnie Clayton.And what about the effect on house prices.

God do we need a match(win) tomorrow.

Just think if Mark Hughes leaves in 3 years time and takes his backroom staff then half of Wales are going to leave the Ribble Valley in one fell swoop.Who's going to be Caretaker Manager?There'll be nobody left except Ronnie Clayton.And what about the effect on house prices.

God do we need a match(win) tomorrow.

One man remains through thick and thin

"Beamo ! Beamo !"

Next caretaker manager ?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.