SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Australia V Norway

emerton

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who does this 'Grella' play for? Is he anything good?

He plays currently for Parma, he is going to be very good I think. I don't know if Italy is the best place for him. He has the right qualities for the kind of midfielder that flourishes in the English league. I think he will end up here eventually, probably at Middlesborough or Everton

Carew ---- Karadas

or

Carew ------ Iversen

Against:

Popovic-----Vidmar

who?

laugh.giflaugh.gif

indeed we will see, its good to see all your players playing in europe's to leagues tongue.gif

It looks like Vålerenga must be producing some great talent cool.gif

--------------

Grella is a good young player, transfer fee of around 3 million euros to get him to Parma from Empoli where he was one of the few shining lights.

He can play a killer long ball but can struggle a bit when the balls on the ground in a fast pace match.

Him and bresciano have been teamates at Carlton, Empoli, Parma and in the socceroos so they know each others games inside out

Oooow, one of the clubs worst left backs ever Stig Inge Bjørnebye is coming to have word with sparky. Because stig really does know a good player when he see's one.

Very harsh on Stig, he certainly did a decent job:( Leaving aside cuidado's bias and your agitation I do think it's a little odd that neither MGP or De Pedro have appeared much under Hughes. Pedersen has had a little time to settle now so might improve (he's obviously not complete rubbish as he performs for Norway) and you'd think Hughes would at least want a look at De Pedro.

Norway are set to start with:

-----------------Myhre

El Fakiri--Hagen--Lundekvam--Riise

-------------Holm--Hoset

Ødegaard-----------------Gamst Pedersen

-----------------Iversen

-----------------Carew

Edited by WaffleWag

Norway are set to start with:

-----------------Myhre

El Fakiri--Hagen--Lundekvam--Riise

-------------Holm--Hoset

Ødegaard-----------------Gamst Pedersen

-----------------Iversen

-----------------Carew

Yup, thats the line-up.

We are missing a few players, though! Riseth, Basma, Solli ++

Morten v Lucas. Could be interesting.

Re Morten

Actually - the last match played for Rovers he scored.

I see NO OTHER reason to why he does not get a chance.

Not strictly true. The last match played for Rovers was in the Reserves a few weeks ago and the least said about that the better.

And you would have seen a reason why he isn't getting a chance.

Still, at least there won't be any carping because he isn't playing in the Reserves match tomorrow rolleyes.gif

Well the Australian team has been announced;

Mark Schwarzer, Lucas Neill, Tony Vidmar, Tony Popovic, Stan Lazaridis, Josip Skoko, Tim Cahill, Marco Bresciano, Brett Emerton, Mark Viduka, Harry Kewell.

Substitutes: Scott Chipperfield, Ahmad Elrich, Vince Grella, Zeljko Kalac, Steve Laybutt, Jonathan McKain, Kevin Muscat, Mile Sterjovski, Danny Tiatto.

My prediction, a 1-1 draw!

Edited by Sydney Rovers

Thats a very attackling line-up. Personally, I wouldn't put Skoko and Cahill in the same side....unless he asks Josip to drop back be more of a ball-winner.

That is three very good goal-scoring midfielders in the middle of the park there.... will be an interesting game.

very dissapointing not to see grella start, but skoko is a workhorse in midfield and he did get a double against the solomons which was impressive

also very dissapointing that kisnorbo is yet again not in the squad. Frank must still hold a big grudge on him for choosing hearts over the olympics qualifiers etc.

Hes playing good football in the uefa cup (apart from the sending off) while vidmar is old and wont be around in 2006 for the wc, so whats the logic in playing

with no grella, i re arrange my tip to

2-2

bresciano---------popovic OG x 2

kewell

very dissapointing not to see grella start, but skoko is a workhorse in midfield and he did get a double against the solomons which was impressive

also very dissapointing that kisnorbo is yet again not in the squad. Frank must still hold a big grudge on him for choosing hearts over the olympics qualifiers etc.

Hes playing good football in the uefa cup (apart from the sending off) while vidmar is old and wont be around in 2006 for the wc, so whats the logic in playing

with no grella, i re arrange my tip to

2-2

bresciano---------popovic OG x 2

kewell

Farina's choice of teams = me disliking him

Looking for forward to seeing Gally lead the line tonight for the Scotland Under 21s. Hughes has told him he will be watching so there is a good incentive for a decent performance.

Then after it will interesting to see MGP play for Norway again, seen him a couple of times and seems to play well for his national team.

Could be a opportunity to impress others for him as well...

Also the Australia team looks quite good- should be a good match.

Emerton's confidence looks sky high at the moment. Trying a lot of things in the match so far, some working some not. One good run.

MGP helped in the Norway goal, nice pass- he gets pushed off the ball far too easily, looks a bit lost at times.

Haha, Emerton showing Pedersen whos boss. The fact he was so easily held off and that hes taken a lot of knocks in this game would support my thoughts that he is too lightweight at present to make a sufficient impact in the premiership.

This is ofcourse presumptuous - I didn't watch any of the first half...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.