BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers V Birmingham 3-3 (phew)

cn174

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Birmingham fans obviously don't think we're good enough to stay up and struggle to name one of our players who might cause them a problem. Says it all really.

Well if the roles were reversed, who would you say you were scared of, in terms of b'ham players, i cant really think of anyone? They aint looking to good themselves.

I think it's time for us to start winning, and I also can't see a Birmingham side without Forsell scoring tbh.

2-0 Rovers, and I hope Jansen/Gally/Stead (Whoever is playing alonside Dickov really) to score in order to boost their confidence. A confident striker is a good striker. Oh, and would be nice if Thommo scored too.

As posted on another thread I hope the team lines up:

Friedel, Todd, Johansson, Niell, Gray, Reid (holding player), Ferguson, Thompson, Emerton, Stead, Dickov

Subs: Enckleman, Short, Tugay, Jansen, Pedersen

Defensively frail but a fair amount of firepower from midfield. I cant see how pussyfooting around is going to help us- Tugay has been pretty awful, get Thompson in.

Plumped for Pedersen over Djorkaeff as he has a left foot. We need him to come good if we really want to improve.

2-1 Rovers

Thompson, Ferguson

tinykit.giftinykit.gif for those who didnt witness Rovers away at City, we are becoming a hard team to play against. City didnt get it all their own way via their one and only flair player SRW, they packed le sulk out of the game and other than that they managed to control the midfield area.

Now Brum without Izzet is a different prospect. Rovers have to wage war on girlyboy savage and Hughes will know exactly his weaknesses and i am sure that Fergie will no doubt confront him early doors.

Depending on whether any other brum players get injured with the midweek friendlies then I would expect Rovers to go with the team that finished the match at City. Possible only difference may be the introduction of Youri for Jansen.

Brum will no doubt have donkey bruno up front along with the playboy DW. All Andy Todd needs to do is kick him early doors and he will then no longer be interested on the pitch !

Tight game but Rovers to win.

sub 20k??? your'e having a laugh. 22000+ tinykit.gif

Will be over for this one, can't wait to see us take three points again..

Around 20 Norwegians coming over btw, so watch out for Viking helmets and cross country skiing.

My prediction:

Rovers 2

Brum 1

Jansen 23'

Thompson 52'

Tiny Taylor 78' (battles past Andy Todd and Lucas Neill to head in a corner kick laugh.gif )

EDIT: Boo Dwight Yorke and clap David Dunn, yes?

Edited by herbergeehh

tinykit.giftinykit.gif for those who didnt witness Rovers away at City, we are becoming a hard team to play against. City didnt get it all their own way via their one and only flair player SRW, they packed le sulk out of the game and other than that they managed to control the midfield area.

Now Brum without Izzet is a different prospect. Rovers have to wage war on girlyboy savage and Hughes will know exactly his weaknesses and i am sure that Fergie will no doubt confront him early doors.

Depending on whether any other brum players get injured with the midweek friendlies then I would expect Rovers to go with the team that finished the match at City. Possible only difference may be the introduction of Youri for Jansen.

Brum will no doubt have donkey bruno up front along with the playboy DW. All Andy Todd needs to do is kick him early doors and he will then no longer be interested on the pitch !

Tight game but Rovers to win.

sub 20k??? your'e having a laugh. 22000+ tinykit.gif

Just something I'm curious about - what does SRW stand for?

They both sound quick to lay into us, who do they think they are?

2-0 Rovers.

I concur. Not on the scoreline (which I never predict) but Brum fans are getting a little too comfortable with their Prem status.

First season back in the big league they struggle against relegation until the arrival of a big name striker who helps them reach a respectable final league position. Second season they surprise everyone and finish a lot higher up the league than expected. Third season (so far) has been a struggle with expensive signings not living up to their billing. Sound familiar?

If, on Monday morning we have either 9 or 10 points I'll be very disappointed - no matter how well we've played. We've got to beat Birmingham and we need to start moving out of the bottom three. The further away from the bottom we are come Christmas the better.

Looking at the fixtures of other teams around us; I can't see WBA getting anything at Highbury, the Norwich/Soton game is a biggie - maybe a draw would be best for us. If (sorry - when )we do win on Sunday we go equal points with Birmingham (12) - come on Rovers!

I predict 2-0 to us (Dickov and Jansen).

Rovers 2 - 0 Birmingham

Birmingham look pretty poor this season, then again any team relying on Heskey and Yorke is going to have problems.

Team:

Friedel

Neill Todd Johansson McEveley

Emerton Thompson Ferguson Pedersen

Dickov Stead

Pedersen must be doing something wrong in training, I think Hughes has changed things and gets a good look at players in a competitive situation(games), he's not even getting on the bench

Edited by chris

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.