BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers V Birmingham 3-3 (phew)

cn174

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After seeing a bit of Emerton's excellent performance last night I am looking forward to seeing both him and Thompson running at Birmingham.

I really feel both should start with Reid being converted to a holding midfielder. A bit of a gamble, but the benefits could be huge.

An attacking triumvate of Ferguson, Thompson and Emerton would be frightening! If only our strikers could finish.....

I don't believe De Pedro is on any monster wages. He had agreed a deal with Southampton I believe, and they have a quite strict policy, includng a salary cap I think. I don't think he'd be on more than that here, at least I don't hope so.

Agree, Lathund.

Also, the wage levels in Primera Liga is nowhere near the Premiership, if you look past the stars in Real, Barca, Valencia...

If De Pedro wants to stay, and has a reasonable wage, I don't see why we should get rid of him. He has got some creative qualities that could come in handy, especially if we get some injuries..

After seeing a bit of Emerton's excellent performance last night I am looking forward to seeing both him and Thompson running at Birmingham.

I really feel both should start with Reid being converted to a holding midfielder. A bit of a gamble, but the benefits could be huge.

An attacking triumvate of Ferguson, Thompson and Emerton would be frightening! If only our strikers could finish.....

I'd go with that, goodcall, Think it could work, the midfield that is, not too sure about the strikers, but hopefully someone going to start getting some winning goals, that extra quality is missing at the moment

Edited by chris

Ominous whisper from the Brum side after his latest injury that they fear Dunny is finished and crocked for good. huh.gif

The rumours are loud enough for Steve Bruce to have issued a denial. It was in The Sun yesterday so it must be true.

Had a quick look on the Brum web sites and have read that:

Dunn cut his achilles but has had the stitches removed and could be in contention for Sunday, but

Dunn's hamstring troubles mean he will not resume training until next week, and

Dunn has a serious back problem.

One poster suggess that the confusion of stories is reminiscent of what happened before Dugarry's knee problem ended his time at St Andrew's.

Whatever the truth is, it is obviously a painful (physically annd mentally) time for David Dunn and I can only wish him the fullest possible recovery. Judging by the performance in Madrid, England desperately needs Dunny back to his very best.

Another snippet from the Brum web site:

They have scored one goal in the last six games (Anderton at Liverpool) and conceded three.

Hmm, no wonder so many pundits plus your's truly are forecasting 0-0. I fear that this is one game we will not come back from behind if we make it 12 out of 14 games in which we let in the first goal.

Although, they have problems further up the Park, Brum have their regular back four plus Savage on duty at Ewood- a lot will depend on Emo being able to run past them, Fergie playing some killer passes or a Dickov wind-up special.

Incidentally, nobody at Brum seems to be remotely concerned about the stories linking us with Savage. They either don't care, or more probably, don't believe them.

With Izzet suspended, we will certainly see Johnty skipping around Ewood from the start and its odds on we will see Dwight Yorke at some stage. So two old boys to cheer on wink.gif - Tiny Taylor might not even make the bench. Hopefully, this will not be the game when Gronkjaer clicks.

Edited by philipl

Most likely Hughes will start with the same team that took a point at City, I hope the bench looks something like this:

Enckelman

Thompson

Gallagher

Gamst Pedersen

Short

With Tugay getting hauled off last game and looking pretty bad all season save the game against Liverpool Hughes must have the balls to drop him. Thompson has been excellent for the reseves and looked the part in the first team. Bite the bullet Sparky!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.