BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers V Birmingham 3-3 (phew)

cn174

Out of the three I'd guess that only Johnson would play. Dunn is injured and Taylor probably wont be in the team.

Says in the article below that Dunn along with Morrison will return from injury.

Blackburn v Birmingham

Team for Sunday

Friedel

Neill - Todd - Nissa - Jay

Emerton - Thompson - Ferguson - Pedersen

Dickov - Gallagher

Edited by roversismylife

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No chance of Gallagher starting, I'd have thought. Jansen will probably play if Stead's out and I'd be surprised if Hughes drops Reid.

Now would be a good time for Bruce to play Martin Taylor at right back. After all, he can play there - remember the Worthy Cup final, he's good on the ball has nice technique......

A rather unilluminating interview with Seve Bruce. I've only met Bruce once and did not find him an appealing character.

My guess is the Gold Brothers will be looking rather enviously at Blackburn Rovers and will be wishing they took their chance when Fat Freddie rang them up.

As for the suggestion of playing Martin Taylor

YES PLEASE

Disrupt one of the meanest defences in the Prem and play a defender who won't be able to cope with Dickov's antics.

Somehow, I think Rover 6 (and the rest of us) are going to be disappointed by Steve Bruce's team selection and we will not be seeing Tiny tomorrow.

Edited by philipl

This is a must win game for Rovers. People have been saying that now we are having a run of games against teams that are around us in the league. But in truth that run started 2 games ago against Norwich (granted that those games were away from home). On Sunday we are at home, against a team low in confidence and playing poorly. We haven't lost in three games, we are playing alot better and more importantly defending better, so here is a great chance to get a badly needed 3 points. If we are to avoid a relegation battle we need to pick up a couple of wins from the next games and I'm confident this will start on Sunday, with a 3-1 victory for Blackburn.

The results today add more spice to the game tomorrow. Feeling the pressure, someone earlier said this game is similar to the Everton home match last season, agree with that- we need 3 points.

Anyway, going to get drunk now to try and forget about it.... or more likely talk rubbish about our plight.

Read my way through the papers and the online stuff and I am feeling upbeat about today's game for some unknown reason.

The Asian pundits are all backing a Brum win and the last time Rovers played at Ewood on my wedding anniversary, we lost 0-2 to Southampton and Roy Hodgson got sacked.

I had today marked as the likeliest date for Souey's sacking but Fat Freddie got their first!

With the tough games coming up around Christmas, it is going to be very important to keep the unbeaten run going through the next four games (Brum, Fulham, Spuds and Palace).

The prize from the existiing run of three draws is that for the first time this month, we go into a fixture knowing a win can lift us out of the bottom three.

Anyway, past history supports us as according to the BBC:

"The Brummies are yet to record their first victory over Blackburn in the Premiership (two draws, two defeats so far). Their only maximum in 23 League visits to Ewood Park over 50 years was 1-2 on 20 January 1668 in the original Second Division. Their last top flight maximum there was also 1-2 on 28 September 1935." (That was the season the Rovers lost their top flight status for the first time- an ominous pointer if we lose today)

No doubt jim can talk us through that seventeenth century encounter. rover.gif

This is a huge game for us. We have got to start winning some games and even though its still early in the season I can't see much hope if we don't win a couple of games between now and the end of the year. We won't get a better chance than today. Brum are pretty crap after all.

I hope Thommo plays in the middle because he will be good there. In this country we always seem to put skillful players out wide for some reason when they would be much more effective in the middle where they can make things happen. Thommo is a classic example because when he plays out wide he is wasted as he isn't going to beat people and get crosses in. Him and Fergie look good on paper anyway. I think we should stick with Reid and Emerton as well as both have done OK over the last couple of games.

I fancy us to win 2-0 (Dickov, Thompson) with 18,987 as the most embarrasing crowd for many years.

tinykit.giftinykit.gif Jim how can you be glum when you have the joys of men in frocks with their bells at the home ? Surely that must have given you a thrill !

Yes there are coincidences in brums favour today, the winless run, the return of Dunn,Taylor and johnson,our plight,our squad and there are many more.

Be positive I say I am sure we will get a good result today.

Stead has failed a fitness test and Jansen starts, otherwise the same as City last week. Pedersen and Gallagher are on the bench.

Right I'm off to EP see you guys later.

Blackburn

B Friedel, L Neill, A Todd, N Johansson, J McEveley, S Reid, B Ferguson, K Tugay, B Emerton, P Dickov, M Jansen

Subs: M Pedersen, P Enckelman, P Gallagher, D Thompson, D Matteo

Birmingham

M Taylor, M Melchiot, K Cunningham, M Upson, J Gray, D Anderton, D Johnson, R Savage, D Dunn, J Gronkjaer, C Morrison

Subs: J Clapham, M Taylor, N Vaesen, S Clemence, D Yorke

off to pub now, come on lads make me happy!!!!!!!!

Why do I feel this is going to be a letdown? I'll tell you. 1. Birmingham is better than their record indicates. 2. The last 2 times I've paid to watch Rovers on Sunday were Leicester last season and Villa the season before, 2 of the most uninspired performances they've had.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.