SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Yorke And The Fans

chris

• Replies 638
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Flair players always get abuse about effort etc.

Flair player? Yorke????? biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif You must be joking.

Yorke was a lazy good-for-nothing SOAB for Rovers, and deserves all of the non-racial abuse he got and more.

If it was two people giving him racial abuse, then that is 2 too many and they should be banned for life, but it's getting totally blown out of proportion. The actions of 2 idiots should not tarnish the good reputation of the Rovers fans

"Rovers boss Mark Hughes said he was unaware of any incident and would only comment when the facts were made clear.

The club, who have done more than most to tackle the problem of racism head on, did not immediately issue a statement but were investigating the alleged incident."

From the Manchester Evening News.

chris, we are not talking about his parenthood, we are talking about his situation on the playing feilds of Ewood, and whether he was telling the truth or crying wolf.

Why oh why must it affect his game,? His private life, presumably, doesn't change from week to week?

BTW, what was "over the top"? His private life or this incident?

"whether he was telling the truth or crying wolf."

I would consider being called a "Sperm Donor" to 10 million people would not help, firstly the reaction of the fans, and then the stress on Yorke and his reaction to the situation.

Jim, nor anyone else need worry about JW's response. He has said this morning, that the club will be asking for any material, including sky footage or CCTV recordings, or witnesses and will hold a full investigation into the matter. If any evidence of racial abuse is found, the club will apply the highest possible punishment that it can.

Finally, he said that until that evidence has been looked at, there is nothing else to add.

Compare that with Millwall sweeping allegations of abuse against Burnley players, under the carpet.

Richard Connelly, who was commentating on the game for Radio Lancs, said he heard absolutely no racial abuse yesterday. When asked if it has been a problem at Ewood, he responded by saying that for the last 4/5 years of commentating on rovers games, it has never ever been mentioned as a factor.

thank you Den.

Until someone is found guilty, everyone involved is innocent.

If no one is found to have abused Yorke in the way he described, then, well....

If someone is found to have abused Yorke, then cart him into court asap and chuck the book at him, make him an example.....

but, until then.......

Rightly or wrongly, Rovers have now been branded a racist club.

The club needs to nip this in the bud within the next hour by putting out a strongly worded statement emphasizing that only one fan was involved, that he was thrown out of Ewood and that he will be banned for life.

Are you listening Mr Williams ? ? ?

This requires action NOW, not a Tuesday to Friday effort like Tony Parkes.

Stange Times indeed. I agree with Jim whole heartedly.

Well I dont Glenn! What a load of bllocks all this is! Storm in a teacup imo. How about keeping a sense of perspective on this? Out of a crowd of approx 20000, 2 people represent 0.0001%! Never mind Jim and the rest of the nimby sh1t stirrers I should say the "kick racism out of football" campaign has been an unprecedented success.

Make too much of this issue and there'll be regular visits by small numbers of Burnley fans clad in brand new blue and white scarves making monkey noises every week! Be warned!

If this match had been played last week before the Spanish affair there would have been no monkey noises and even if there had been there would not have been such strong accompanying headlines.

White British Upper-class Press jumping on the bandwagon again, who've probably never set foot in Blackbur, and wouldn't dream of speaking, entertaining or having a NON White person at the dinner table, unless it increased his political standing !!

Morons !!

We got a report here in a swedish daily news paper about the Yorke booing!

But in the article you can read this:

"Each time DY touched the ball the crowd of Ewood started doing monkey sounds"!!!

How about that?!?!

I heard the booing but no monkey sounds.........

the media reports have made been exasperated by idiotic journos who have nothing else to say, also fuelled by the comments made by Bruce who clearly had little idea as to how to conduct interviews when he did not have the full facts about the incident but merely the word of his player, the two moronic fans in the Blackburn End and the fact of what happened in Spain.

I didnt see any other gestures than the winker sign but he camera has failed to pick up the one fingered salute made by the player and why oh why did he jump the hoardings ?

he must realise that in his heart of heart he took the club for a ride financially wise. He did not work hard, he did not earn his wages IMO and he clearly was a total waste of cash.

The whole sorry incident has left the fine majority of Rovers fans tainted with the behaviour of those two clowns or even just the one sad.gif

This is why average players who put the effort in like Dickov are revered by the fans, but I tell you what, I bet Yorke would have made a better attempt at that last minute golden opportunity that Dickov fluffed.

Thats Bollockks Brownie! I've seen Yorke miss loads of one on ones with the keeper. One thing that is true is that it would still have been 2-3 cos the lazy git would have never ever have got anywhere near to the ball for the 3rd goal!

This might be a taj contentious but I'm with Marcel Desailly here, Big Ron was unfair in suggesting that in some schools he would be called ferkin lazy etc etc........or at least whilst Dwight Yorke is still pulling on a football shirt he was! ohmy.gif He certainly did sod-all to prove the Ewood crowd wrong did he? His movement and contribution were abysmal, any normal person would have bust a gut to ram the insults down the crowds throats but not Dwight! Oh no! The man is nothing but a gutless, useless spineless apology for a footballer now. He's only fit for appearing on 'Im a c list celeb, get me out of here'. No wonder Souness resorted to kicking him to try and get some sort of response out of him. He obviously did'nt kick him hard enough. If Gs had broken his leg like Yorke claimed he tried to do would anybody have noticed ffs? Mark my words, it'll not be long before he's getting similar treatment at St Andrews.

Couldn't believe my eyes when I flicked on the text this morning to see

'Yorke angered by racist chants'.

Sat less than ten rows away from where the supposed racism took place and I heard nothing...not a carrot.

I think headlines like :

'Rovers fans angered by Yorke's performances' would be nearer the mark.

It all smacks of Yorke taking a ride on the negative publicity of the last week to further try and discredit a club he robbed for two years.

What will the media say next week when Andy Cole gets a great reception off Rovers fans?

Accordiing to Radio 5 News, the FA are also investigating what happened.

Steve Bruce has said he felt physically sick about the taunts.

Shame he is not as level headed as his Chief Exec.

Karen Brady has just been on Radio 5 now and was being very sensible. She says that she is surprised it was Blackburn because of the good relations at Blackburn. She says Birmingham are waiting for the Blackburn investiigation to report before Birmingham do anything and was extremely complimentary about John Wiilliams and the Rovers. She expressed full confidence in the club's investigation.

She said that the tiny minority at Blackburn bore no relationship at all to the events the "poor England players" went through in Madrid. She would not be drawnn into saying that it was inevitable that one or two fans would copy what happened in Madrid nor did she call for the perpetrators to be banned for life when pressed by the Radio 5 inerviewer.

She said she had not spoken to Dwight Yorke this morning.

Have to say she went up in my estimation.

David Sullivan has just been on Sky Sports News and said "everything has been blown out of all proportion"

Somebody else with common sense - well done.

This didn't go down too well with the Scottish presenter (whoever he is), who became quite argumentative.

Blackburn chief executive John Williams said: "We want to talk to the police, we want to talk to our stewards, we want to review all the CCTV footage.

"We'll be very disappointed if it shows that there's been any evidence of racism, but if there has, we'll take the strongest possible action.

"This is not something that we want to tolerate at Ewood Park."

From the BBC web site.

We got a report here in a swedish daily news paper about the Yorke booing!

But in the article you can read this:

"Each time DY touched the ball the crowd of Ewood started doing monkey sounds"!!!

How about that?!?!

I heard the booing but no monkey sounds.........

god knows what they will report on boxing day then because that yesterday will seem like childs play......arrange these words for the 26th....

BARRELS SOEY BOTH BIGTIME

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.