BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Yorke And The Fans

chris

nor did she call for the perpetrators to be banned for life when pressed by the Radio 5 inerviewer.

have to disagree with her on that one. Respect to her for not stirring it up though

banned for life? Have you never done anything that you regret later after having a few pints and in the heat of the moment? Or does your screenname simply refer to mineral water? huh.gif

Jesus says in the bible 'let ye who is without sin cast the first stone'. Still feel like throwing a few millionpints? rover.gif

• Replies 638
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

David Sullivan has just been on Sky Sports News and said "everything has been blown out of all proportion"

Somebody else with common sense - well done.

This didn't go down too well with the Scottish presenter (whoever he is), who became quite argumentative.

of course, if the story is put in proportion less people will watch the show.

Common sense is irrelevant as far as most trash-media people are concerned

Edited by millionpints

banned for life? Have you never done anything that you regret later after having a few pints and in the heat of the moment?

If this nincompoop is proved to have abused Yorke the club has promised to take the "strongest possible action", which in my book means banning him for life.

Quite right too.

Forgot to add.

Karen Brady stressed that inciting racial hatred is a criminal offence and that there is a police investigation which might lead to a prosecution.

World Soccer News reporting the Sports Miniser reaction. Thankfully reference to two fans and an isolated incident ppears prominently as well as John Williams' statement.

Unfortunately Steve Bruce talks up the incident here.

Meanwhilst David Sullivan, Chairman of Birmingham City is almost going overboard to play it down. He obviously heard the lazy chants though!

Edited by philipl

I was in upper J.W. stand B.B.E. and never heard monkey noises, just the boos, and if there's anyone who did'nt expect that, have you never been to a football match before? and ask for yorke's reaction in bringing in the racial issue, which it was, not from what I saw, it's all been done before when Finnigan called us racist for booing him as a lazy sod, if two people did racially abuse him, then get rid of them, but like I said before I never heard it.

banned for life? Have you never done anything that you regret later after having a few pints and in the heat of the moment?

I did'nt mean you Jim.......... We all know that you've never ever been young and irresponsible! tongue.gif

A season would do imo but given the mood of the press and media at the moment I fear a lynching will be the probable outcome! sad.gif

nor did she call for the perpetrators to be banned for life when pressed by the Radio 5 inerviewer.

have to disagree with her on that one. Respect to her for not stirring it up though

banned for life? Have you never done anything that you regret later after having a few pints and in the heat of the moment? Or does your screenname simply refer to mineral water? huh.gif

Jesus says in the bible 'let ye who is without sin cast the first stone'. Still feel like throwing a few millionpints? rover.gif

my screenname does refer to my penchant for the odd 'refreshment' here and there, but no matter what state of inebriation I have been in I have never racially abused anybody- it's completely unacceptable, and not only should these idiots be banned for life, there's an argument to say that racial abuse should be met with a police charge and court appearance.

Anybody who spouts this abuse can't hide behind the excuse that 'they've sunk a few pints'- it's likely that the drink has just loosened the tongue and they're stating what they really feel.

By the way <edit oops> TND, the logical consequence of your post would be that nobody ever criticises anybody, which would make this MessageBoard rather dull!

Edited by millionpints

my screenname does refer to my penchant for the odd 'refreshment' here and there, but no matter what state of inebriation I have been in I have never racially abused anybody-

That wasn't my question mp.

Anybody who spouts this abuse can't hide behind the excuse that 'they've sunk a few pints'- it's likely that the drink has just loosened the tongue and they're stating what they really feel.

btw You should never decry anybody for honesty. Whether you disagree with what they say is another issue.

The cameras show the guy making monkey gestures, and DY going over to confront him, they don't need to investigate just turn the TV on and they can see they guy doing it, it's the guy with the jacket on and what looks like a Burnley scarf round his neck, certainly not a Rovers scarf, I'm not condoning it and the gut should be banned from every ground in the country.

Needless to say the FA are investigating, I hope they don't diduct points from us.

With regards to David Sullivan I saw the interview and it was pretty funny, he made reference to the fact that Rovers fans were booing Yorke because he was lazy and that shouldn't be classed as rascism, and that 2 fans out of 22,000 is blowing the whole thing out of proportion.

Any racist abuse he may have received is clearly not on. You'd think that the week's events may have opened some eyes.

Anyway, any stick he received is warranted I'm afraid. In his time at the club he did little of note save for living and playing off his reputation and earning a hefty sum of money in the process.

Whistle all you want.

Edited by Rovermatt

., it's the guy with the jacket on and what looks like a Burnley scarf round his neck, certainly not a Rovers scarf, .

Are you sure ?

If so, it sheds whole new light on this incident !

Could be Villa or Scunthorpe I suppose ?

1.The majority of the Ewood crowd was booing him for his lazy, lacklustre performances at Ewood...nothing else.

2.There was definitelyNO mass racist abuse of him from any section of the Ewood stands.It would appear TWO individuals at most made 'possible' racist comments to his face.

3.The comments from Bruce are offensive to me and every decent Rovers fan, he's literally accused us all with his thoughtless comments and has dragged the good name and reputation of our supporters through the mud!!!!!.

and what looks like a Burnley scarf round his neck, certainly not a Rovers scarf,

I actually spotted the odd scarf on the concorse before kick off or at half time and thought "what an odd scarf to wear at the Rovers". I'm pretty sure it was a Roma scarf (I have to be honest, at first glance I thought it was a Bradford Ciry scarf, but Roma is near identical colours and is more likely).

Ive read most posts on here, i was sat in the JW yesterday as i had a guest so i didnt even know anything happened until i came home. At first like many on here I thought no way, just lazy chants etc I have now seen the footage and it is clear than a Rovers fan was racist, he made monkey gestures and it sickens me, that stupid idiot fan has just got us so much bad PR its untrue. Every away game we go to now is gonna be a nightmare. Even if it is just 2 people i cant believe that has happened at Rovers. Since the racism days of the 80's and early 90's i cant recall any teams supporters being racist. The only racism in the last few years i have heard is from Everton and Liverpool fans, so i just cant believe somone who suposedly 'suports' our team can do that. It doesnt matter how many people it was, this reflects on our club and we will surely be punished as a club. Id expect a hefty fine for the club, people are saying play the next game behind closed doors, doubt that will happen but the FA will punish Rovers and although its not the clubs fault, or any of our fault, we will be punished because of an idiot with 1 brain cell.

All the booing of Yorke didnt help, i didnt boo him. Yes he was lazy and didnt contribute as much as he should but this season he really tried hard and loooked sharp until Souness decided to save his own pride. Anyway im not bothered about all that.

Bottom line...TV evidence shows a rovers fan WAS racist. Therefore as a club we should and will be punished.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.