BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Fulham 0 V 2 Blackburn Rovers

Tris

I guess Crossley will be playing in goal, I must admit I'm quite happy about that as I rate Van De Sar highly. Crossley has looked good recently but I still think he is prone to errors so we could get some goals. Andy Cole will score past us so we just have to score more than them..... simple!!!

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice preview, especially as ive been to all the games mentioned in there (bar the promotion defeat), mostly good memories. Anyway, onto the game, which is we the type of game we could quite easily win. Both sides are going into the game needing a win and i think we can pull it off, esp if we play the same midfield against b'ham, but thommo coming in for tugay.

I say a 2-1 victory for the Rovers in front of what will be fulham's worst crowd of the season. Emerton and Todd from a corner for us.

P.S - why is this game a 12.45 kick off? A crap game between 2 teams about 300miles away from each other. Sky please use common sense and stop this nonsence. We have already had to travel to southampton for 12.45 and now this. RUBBISH

Just watched the second half of last seasons match. Ah, the memories. Funny that they were discussing rumors and possibilities of Cole ending up at Fulham.

As for VanDerSar, he gifted us 2 of the goals last season, so I'm upset he's out.

How about this for a side:

Dickov    Stead

Emerton    Ferguson  Thompson    Gallagher

McEverley  Todd      Nissa      Niell

Freidel

Subs:  Jansen, Tugay, Pedersen, Matteo, Enckleman

Defensively a bit, well a lot, shaky but going forward has awesome possibilites. If Gallagher and thompson are given instructions to close down as much as possible but not dive in to tackles I think it could work well.

Stead has done little to deserve his spot but I still feel (despite his two goals to Steads none this season) he offers more than Jansen.

I suppose an alternative would be to stick Emo on the right, Pedersen on the left and drop Stead for Gallagher, but I really feel the formaton above shows real BALLS. We cant defend for toffee so lets give them a display of fluent attacking football.

4-2 Rovers

Thompson, Gallagher, Stead, Dickov.

Edited by joey_big_nose

well its all going against us

rob styles is the ref and so we can therefore expect to finish the game with 10 men or less !

We can also expect to concede a penalty!

we can also expect to see at least 5 yellow cards in amongst the red card !

Mark Lawrenson again predicts a scoreless Rovers to lose 2-0 !

So there you have it, in a nutshell a fulham win !

P.S - why is this game a 12.45 kick off? A crap game between 2 teams about 300miles away from each other. Sky please use common sense and stop this nonsence. We have already had to travel to southampton for 12.45 and now this. RUBBISH

Stop whingeing, us Aussies will appreciate this game more than most others, simply because we don't have to wait until 2 or 3 in the morning to get a glimpse of our beloved rovers.

11:45 pm?? bring it on, can't wait. We're looking ok going forward, I think Thommo will get more of a game this week, so hopefully our attacking options will create Fulham loads of trouble. Our defence however...undecided. As long as we don't leak 2 or 3 goals through we're in with a good show.

3 - 1 Rovers

Thompson

Reid

Dickov

Could even be a half decent crowd in the away end considering the early start ... Ticket Office just said they've sold about 700 out of the initial 1012 allocation.

Thats poor. Out of the 700 at least 3 persons are Dutch.

Lets hope for a result, I don't like to travel six hours to see us get beaten by a poor side like Fulham

Blackburn (from): Friedel, Enckelman, Dickov, Short, Douglas, Emerton, Ferguson, Flitcroft, Thompson, De Pedro, Gresko, Gray, Jansen, Johansson, Matteo, Neill, Stead, Pedersen, Gallagher, Reid, Todd.

My Team: -

FRIEDEL

NEILL

TODD

MATTEO

McEVELEY

REID

THOMPSON

FERGUSON

EMERTON

GALLAGHER

DICKOV

Prediction: 3-1 to Fulham.

Matteo!!!!!! are you joking SS?

If i ever see the man in a Rovers shirt again it will be far, far too soon.

He is an absolute useless disgrace to football.

His performances have been far worse than any of the rest of our defence for the last 2 seasons. Including Amo ph34r.gif

I actually truly believe that he is the worst defender I have ever seen at Ewood.

Ranking alongside, or maybe even worse than Darren Peacock and Patrick Valery.

He should be demoted to the reserves immediately and maybe he'll get the picture and (Please don't use that word again) off somewhere else.

(Thats what I did with him on FM)

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Sorry, noooooooooo!

Not the Reserves! They're doing quite well at the moment. I'd say perhaps he could do a job at Clayton Community (He'd only have to pay £2 a match to play) but JJ is doing well there at the moment so there isn't really a place.

I've said it before. The only sight I want to see of Matteo is his back as he and Flitty depart hand in hand from Ewood.

Anyway. Think I heard Boa Morte's injured and they're putting Radzinski in. Not feeling as confident as last week (look where that got me) so 2-1 to Rovers.

Admin - will the chat be open for the Fulham game? I'm going to watch it live on Canal+ and will gladly update those who doesnt have the luxury of cable tv smile.gif

Btw, do anyone know if its illegal to have my webcam pointing at the tv, while chatting on msn? rolleyes.gif

agree with most of the previews so far, Tommo has to play in the middle-well he doesn't have to but he should!!!

Fulham are potent up front with coley on the loose but I definitely feel if we work their defence they will crack, Zat Knight is a definite weakness for them. I expect goals, at least one in our net and ever the optimist i am going for a 2-1 win.

matteo???? sad.gifsad.gifsad.gifsad.gif

Anyone live in Bristol and is planning to hit a pub to watch it???????

Interesting comment from Chris Coleman as reported by

football365.com

Probably a load of meaningless manager-talk, and let's hope that Cole (not Coleman) spends the match on hands-on-hips mode

Maybe Chris had read Andrew's article in the LET (please make this link work). Cole sounds almost regretful he hadn't hung around at Ewood a bit longer and for the new manager. Saying that maybe Coleman could still do a job for us in defence wink.gif

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.