SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Three Cheers For Andrew Cole

jim mk2

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

jim has a good point about the watching media.

Would be good PR for the fans and the club to give Andy Cole a cheer when he comes out.

With all due respect , Jim doesn't have a good point . Inordinate cheering for Cole would only be pandering to the very forces (the media and the PC brigade) who have unfairly heeped such unwarranted disgrace upon the club over the last few days. It's no good complaining about these low life and then advocate sucking up to them in the hope that they'll give us a couple of lines of good "PR" .

Personally I wouldn't cheer this overgrown kid if I was paid . Fair enough for those who rated him but to go overboard just because he's black is a form of racism in itself . Madness is taking over I tell you ......madness blink.gifsmile.gif

Andy Cole has pride of place on the wall next to my desk at work, holding the Worthington cup aloft by one handle (Souey holding the other), being sprayed with champagne.

I watched the final in a pub in Ruislip, entirely surrounded by Spurs fans, and really had to watch myself as they started to see it slipping away. What happy memories, and for that I reckon Andy deserves a thankyou when he comes back. He wasn't black, he was blue and white.

Kinelll......Pass me a sick bag...........

I know! Better still. Lets go the whole hog in excorcising our collective guilt in the full glare of the worlds press. Mimicry is the best form of flattery so lets all black our hands and faces, get big sticky out teeth from the joke shop biggrin.gif and amble slowly around in circles to show the world just how much we all really idolise our late lamented hero Dwight Yorke.

What a bloody farce! Would anybody want him back? Would they hell! Unfortunately whats done is done, its not my fault, BRFC's fault, or anybody elses fault that I can readily think of and the spontaneous actions of some p1ssed up kid with half a brain is not going to get me to behave like a whipped cur for the worlds press. Get some dignity Jim.

I think you are missing the point.

It's not about Yorke being an idle sod, nor is it about his lifestyle. Regardless of what you think about either traits. Plenty of the crowd on Sunday made that point and it has not been an issue.

It is about trying to get rid of this media rubbish that Rovers' fans are racists and to deal with the situation that the media has put us under in the best possible way. A good round of applause (albeit, if you want, through gritted teeth) will work wonders.

Jim's suggestion is a good idea. It also doesn't matter in the slightest whether or not you think Andy Cole was good, bad, or indifferent.

Of course if you are not bothered that Rovers' fans are portrayed by the rotten press as racists then feel free to abstain.

jim  has a good point about the watching media.

Would be good PR for the fans and the club to give Andy Cole a cheer when he comes out.

With all due respect , Jim doesn't have a good point . Inordinate cheering for Cole would only be pandering to the very forces (the media and the PC brigade) who have unfairly heeped such unwarranted disgrace upon the club over the last few days. It's no good complaining about these low life and then advocate sucking up to them in the hope that they'll give us a couple of lines of good "PR" .

Personally I wouldn't cheer this overgrown kid if I was paid . Fair enough for those who rated him but to go overboard just because he's black is a form of racism in itself . Madness is taking over I tell you ......madness blink.gifsmile.gif

Nothing to do with pandering. It's about trying to restore the reputation and good name of Blackburn Rovers destroyed by two so-called fans with whom you seem to empathise.

Unwarranted, unfair or not, the club is now seen as racist. After the events of this week, it would not take much to give a rousing cheer to a former player who just happens to be black.

But if you feel that the press are "rotten" Col , why go to any length at all to influence what they are going to write ?

The fans should be HONEST . If they reckon Cole desrves cheering then fair enough . But FFS don't grovel to this corrupt bunch of clowns . Rise above it .

I disagree , Jim , that the club is seen as racist in any way . Everyone I've spoken to has just regarded all this as a joke. They can see through all the PC nonsense . Mind you , I don't have much contact with the chattering classes smile.gif

edit bit - I've just seen your "empathise" bit ! I've never read so much garbage - and that includes the posts from such intellectuals as Scotty and Paul McGarry that I've unfortunately stumbled across today !

Let me tell you , Jimbo - one of the reasons I avoid the Blackburn End is to get away from no brain pi$$heads such as this alleged racist . Where do you sit BTW ?

Edited by blue phil

I'm sorry but I strongly disagree with those who have said (to sum it up), we should cheer on Andy Cole because the media is watching and he is black!

Cheering on Andy Cole for the reason of his skin colour (along with the latest PR). I don't care who is watching but I feel strongly if anyone was to use this reason to cheer him on.

Falsely cheering him on because of PR and his skin colour could actually be compared to racism itself.

Has anyone suggested that JJ.

I intend to cheer Andy Cole for what he did while he played for us, no other reason.

I will also give Mr Coleman a round of applause as well.

As we gave Dunny a round of applause when he was subbed on Sunday.

ITs called respected a good contribution.

I would give him a good reception, as I liked him and was a bit gutted when he left. He seemed to go crap when Jansen had got injured then was out for ages, and the arrival of Yorke seemed to bring out the worst in him too.

But I wouldn't cheer him because of recent events, I would have given him a good reception anyway. Cheering him because of what happened at the Birmingham game might seem sporting, but it might also appear that as individuals and collectively we have something to prove - which I don't think the majority of Rovers fans do wink.gif

Basically if you thought he was good whilst a Rovers player, show it. If not, give him some ( blink.gif politically-correct blink.gif ) grief. Or do nothing at all, ignore him and support your team.

Edited by booth

Every single fan I've spoken to at work - Bolton, Man City, Man Utd, Everton and Liverpool - sees this for what it is - a piece of sensationalist and opportunistic journalism. Nobody believes the club is racist - they believe, rightly, that we had a couple of d*ckheads in the crowd. The club dealt with the matter by ejecting one and the two are currently being interviewed by police. If they are proved to be racist then they'll be dealt with by the law.

So, I'd echo the calls - if you thought Andy Cole did well for us, give him a round of applause. If not, try not to wind him so much that he scores a hatfull ...

Has anyone suggested that JJ.

The timing and the wording of a few posts suggest that the latest events should have a bearing on Andy Cole's reception, not at all . When I say 'latest events' I am also relating to comments from the Press about Blackburn Fans.

As some have said, cheer Cole, but for no other reasons then that off his days at rovers.

I vowed last season never to attend away matches after Rovers morons spoilt my afternoon by standing up in front of me.

I decided to give it another try at Norwich - and the same thing happened again. Thank you very much you cretins.

I shall not be attending away matches again - and neither will be other members of my family until the clubs weeds out these anti-social miscreants. 

Legs are for standing on. What are bums for? Sitting on? Talking out of?

It is a well recognised scientific fact that excitement causes one to rise to ones feet. However there are those amongst us who find that excitement causes them to remain seated and tut endlessly for the next 90 minutes.

Perhaps you should try a nice film at the cinema on your next free Saturday?

Im going to Fulham with a coupla mate and we will give a decent reception because he won us the worthy cup and also kept us up in that year 01/02. Probably should still be at the club now. Those saying we give him a standing ovation and chant his name cos he is black and would portray us in non-racist is so stupid its untrue. Making an issue of any players race is a joke as far as im concerned.

Jim - does it really matter what the fans do against Fulham anyway?

Which is going to sell more papers?

"Blackburn is a dark hole on the edge of civilisation full of racist thugs?"

Or

"Lovely Lancastrians show their civilised and benevolent nature cheering on old favourite Andy Cole?"

I would imagine that if we gave Andy Cole some stick, the journalists would have a field day and keep flogging the dead horse.

But if we all joined hands and sung songs of praise and racial harmony, you wouldn't read one sentence about it in the next day's paper.

The fans should be HONEST . If they reckon Cole desrves cheering then fair enough . But FFS don't grovel to this corrupt bunch of clowns . Rise above it .

This I agree with. Cole should be given a good reception because he scored some important goals for Blackburn Rovers, not in order to leave Mr Hack sitting over his typerwriter with a disappointed look on his face (as comforting a thought as that may be).

It is about trying to get rid of this media rubbish that Rovers' fans are racists and to deal with the situation that the media has put us under in the best possible way. A good round of applause (albeit, if you want, through gritted teeth) will work wonders.

It won't work. The media are scum, plain and simple. They will never focus on the positives. For evidence, do some research into the club that the logo in my signature represents. Google hint, Bulldogs "Coffs Harbour" or more pertinently Bulldogs Roosters crowd trouble.

Edited by Shaddy

It won't work. The media are scum, plain and simple. They will never focus on the positives. For evidence, do some research into the club that the logo in my signature represents. Google hint, Bulldogs "Coffs Harbour" or more pertinently Bulldogs Roosters crowd trouble.

That's because they are thugs, there are no positives for the bulldogs

It is a real shame that even though you are now the victim, indirectly, of being collectively labelled a rapist for merely being a Rovers supporter, by a shameless press, you fail to perceive how it might be on the other side of the equation. I am a Bulldogs supporter, and you obviously, are not. The same aggrevation that many Rovers supporters feel with being branded because of a handful of idiots, is something that Bulldogs supporters have endured for a long time now.

If you feel the aggrevation, then imagine how it feels for a law-abiding, loyal Bulldogs supporter, when the gutter press collectively label Bulldogs and their supporters as rapist, racists and thugs. Or would you just want to take the attitude a Burnley supporter would at this time, because you support a rival of the Bulldogs?

Edited by Shaddy

It is a real shame that even though you are now the victim, indirectly, of being collectively labelled a rapist for merely being a Rovers supporter, by a shameless press, you fail to perceive how it might be on the other side of the equation. I am a Bulldogs supporter, and you obviously, are not. The same aggrevation that many Rovers supporters feel with being branded because of a handful of idiots, is something that Bulldogs supporters have endured for a long time now.

If you feel the aggrevation, then imagine how it feels for a law-abiding, loyal Bulldogs supporter, when the gutter press collectively label Bulldogs and their supporters as rapist, racists and thugs. Or would you just want to take the attitude a Burnley supporter would at this time, because you support a rival of the Bulldogs?

Hook, Line and Sinker wink.gif

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.