SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Three Cheers For Andrew Cole

jim mk2

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my view is now that some of our members should actually now sit on the sidelines with the media reporters and photographers and video techs and see that on that on match of the day on Saturday night and on pay per view we will see nothing but different camera angles of the away supporters rather than the action of the pitch !

I wonder if there will be more than one commentator reporting on how Mrs smith and daughter have matching gloves, or Mr and Mrs Scott are wearing the same type of panties !

JHC they may even report that Mr and Mrs average are even having a hard time opening their flasks to get their coffee out !

I think the sky watchers tomorrow are in for a treat, I mean 1100 Rovers fans having a whole 105 minutes tv coverage, a whole set of national weekend papers covering THEM ALONE and every god damned media nut reporting on each and every supporter of our team, both at the game and at Blackburn,Prteston,Blackpool,Burnley,Accrington,Gt Harwood Christmas markets where the unfortunate supporters are out shopping with the other half !

pound for a penny BRFC dont even appear on the back 3 pages of each national, they wont appear on the evening news and will be lucky to get more than 2 minutes on MOTD.

Be better PR to stay seated rather than clap Cole imo.

Andy Cole's comments in the LET show he has a deep respect for the club and its fans. Let's face it, he was right about Souness too but he made some big mistakes in the things he did.

He got a great reception from the Rovers' after he Brum game at Ewood at the end of last season.

So why shouldn't he get a great reception when he runs out today?

I am sure he will.

• 3 weeks later...

And our leading scorer (who has one less than Cole) also created the 2 penalties he scored. How many penalties did Cole create his last season for us?

Yes, we miss having a 15-20 goal a season scorer. Sadly, Cole is no longer a 15 goal a season scorer even if we still had him, barely a 10 goal a season scorer. At this point in his career, Cole would not be our answer. He is no better than Dickov right now.

Souness made a mistake, yes. He made a mistake in not going out and getting a good striker during the summer.

Hmm... dunno about that.

Cole didn't score that much in the last few games of last season either.... but he laid on heaps of goals for Stead.

He will usually attract the best centre-back and most of the defence's attention, which makes life easier for Stead/Gally/whoever his strike partner is.

How many penalties did Cole create his last season for us?

don't really create penalties, you can create chances, but penalties are normally an error of the other team, e.g handball or out of position

Unless your Robert Pries and look for the foul by swinging out your leg, but that's normally called cheating

How many penalties did Cole create his last season for us?

None, we didn't receive any penalties in season 2003/04. What was it 54 games prior to City that we got our last penalty?

OK, Jim, show me how he is? One more goal and only 3 points higher in the standings despite having a better supporting cast. Add to that Dickov scoring a goal AT Fulham when we shut them out (might I add against our defence, which is pretty sad). Did Cole have more than one good chance in that match?

Edited by American

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.