BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Javier De Pedro

I think they should be obliged to post a weekly up-date on the official website of the current situation of every single squad member.

That's not a bad idea really. But I can't help thinking that we're not really going to get the truth in a lot of instances. Just a lot of waffle to appease the fans. They're not going to tell all and sundry that a player is bobbins as they'll never get shut.

Week Beginning 29 November 2004 - Sparky's Squad Update:

Paul Gallagher: "Really pleased with Paul, he's buckling down now and he deserved his hat trick at Fulham".

Morst Gamst Pedersen: "I was all for giving MGP a start at left wing against Fulham but decided against it yet again to annoy certain posters on BRFCS.com"

Javier de Pedro: "This guy was a terrible signing. What a cock up. What was Souness thinking? He can't even run. What a bad do isn't it? Left foot like a wand my ar*e."

But then again - you're right I don't actually know. I just heard from someone that he isn't particularly match fit and can't run - and that was a few weeks ago. Either way I doubt we're gonna see him in the first team as MGP must be well ahead of him.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It could only be us!!

Last season we were crying out for a left footed midfielder. We even had people suggesting Alan Mahon to be recalled from loan, then we got him back for 2 games and played him then he was never to be seen again.

Then this summer we think we have a star in Javier De Pedro, we got told that he could hit a six pence or whatever from anywhere on the pitch. The fact is was available for transfer from December 2003 until the summer didnt seem odd to Mr Wage Bill Souness.

Then to really wet our lips we sign the young prodigy MGP- clubs from all over Europe wanted this lad but we managed to snap him up.

However we still have no one who is left footed playing left midfield. Oh I am wrong... MGP one league app against Man U and the super Matteo played a game for us this season on the left of midfield.

The saga continues....

Edited by John

Matt Jansen: I've told matty he can skateboard as long as he wears a proper helmut

Brad Friedal: Brad says hi from the USA to all the Rovers fans here in England. He's asking how his twin brother is doing in goal for us this season. I'm not quite sure how to reply.

Andy Todd: Caught him burning another picture of Graeme Souness. Told him not to destroy the envirnoment.

Brett Emerton: Drove to Ewood today but was well late despite taking the shortcut I told him about. Told me he couldn't take the corners on the route particularly well.

Tugay: He's been seen talking to his imaginary friend again. I think they're getting on quite fine. I might pick the two of them in my starting line up against Fulham.

Parkes: Gave the janitor man a mop as the mess in the toilets still wasn't cleaned up. He claimed to be the assisstant coach last week!! Think the old man's been on whiskey again although looking at the Blackburn Pay-Roll, he does appear to be a very expensive cleaner. Might have to get rid of his services soon.

Dickov: Seems particularly annoyed that Gallagher stole the goal he worked hard for against brum. Oh well.

I've searched long and hard and have finally managed to find an action picture of De Pedro with 'wand' outstretched. It looks, for all the world, like he is out of breath from running hard (BobF please note) and is poised to fire in a viscious right-foot free-kick.

(In actual fact, this picture was taken during the pre-match warm-up and, just out of shot, Flitcroft and Gresko are holding him up.)

user posted image

His Plopta stats make interesting reading:-

Name: ‘Ave it!! De Pedro

Club: Blackburn Rovers

Position: Left

Apps: 2

Passes Completed: 0

Tackles attempted: 0

Headers Won: 0

Shots on Target: 0

Shots off Target: 0

Crosses completed: 0

Crosses intercepted: 0

Crosses landing in McDonalds’ Car Park: 17

Sox

It actually an attempted left foot cross that's missed the ball.

PS Is wand short fer wandering???

tinykit.gif  cool.gif

Ah, I think you're right. I seem to remember seeing it at the time. Didn't he swing his left foot over it 3 times and then the crowd let out an enormous cheer when, eventually, at the fourth attempt, he turned it into a white rabbit?

rover.gif i actually christened the bloke GOPED and did i take some stick for it,some guy lectured me in the great spanish wingers and what do we get,some bodella/matador/waiter/senor who lookes like he wrote to' jim'll fix it for me'to get a game in the premiership tinykit.gif

Well you say that Den but poor old SKARBELLY (if that's his real name) has asked a very good question about poor old de Pedro and to date, IMO, we've learnt very little.

Other than the fact most people consider de Pedro to be of the portly, unfit, variety type of player, taking his money for next to nothing, and generally doing an impression of an over weight blue and white Weeble.

It's not just been positive comments. Oh no.

Nuclearsox states in his post that de Pedro needs two players to actually hold him in an upright position and that he doesn't have a wand for a left foot. I'll not even mention Nuclearsox' stats (which I reckon have been made up by the way). Other posters reckon that he has a pie and sleep addiction, and will cost the club £13 million if he comes on as a second half substitute anytime between now and next May. There's also a particularly nasty reference to Moles.

It's scandalous. It's nothing short of character assassination and I for one want nothing to do with it.

You lot really annoy me.

Your just a bunch of character assasins. The same thing happened around this time last year, when we had the opportunity to sign one of the best ball players ever.

But no, you couldnt be patient, you had to question his where abouts, his social life and his ability to adapt to playing in this country.

You should all be ashamed of yourselves, because of you lot, Rovers lost out and the player is now plying his trade in the sun.

user posted image

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.