BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Javier De Pedro

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

JUDGE - "Graham Souness - this court finds you guilty of gross transfer market crimes. Handed the nucleus of one of the most potentially exciting teams in British football, in Damien Duff, Matt Jansen and David Dunn, the footballing world was your oyster. Initially you rose to the challenge - adding Friedal, Thomson, Bent and Cole to the bare bones. Indeed you were rewarded well - A cup Final victory and a top 6 Premiership finish. Then in the Summer of 2003 you set about a transfer market crime spree that saw some of the most baffling signings in football history. Are you familiar with the name... "Javier De Pedro"? Graham Souness - this court believes that you are a serious danger to football supporters, player's you didn't sign and large transfer kitty's everywhere. I sentence you to a humiliating spell at St. James Park."

SOUNESS - "I took my eye off the ball... we're all big boys... our luck has got to change..."

JUDGE - "Graham Souness- you are a disgrace! DO ONE!!!"

Before his signing sources in Spain said he had a "problem". Obviously one that involves gaining weight. Draw your own conclusions. Perhaps he's at the Priory.

I've never heard of weight problems in his whole career in Spain, but maybe we've to think he hasn't played regularly in a year and a half. He has never been a pace prodigy, but his weapons are of other kind.

His problems in Spain came when he was the best league passer two years ago. I think he asked for more money and after the negative, he said he wanted to go. As Real Sociedad had a good replacement (Gabilondo, an Academy guy) they just kept him from playing till his contract expired. So probably he has problems to be fit again, and adding it to his "non-English characteristics" he has the problems we all know (basically, that he doesn't play laugh.gif ). I imagine he'll return to Spain next year.

He had, had several months with no football at all, and now finds himself third in the pecking order for left midfield, no need to be so hard on the man. He hasn't really done anything wrong.

I don't think anyone's being too hard on him Eddie. This entire thread is undoubtedly light hearted - which makes a pleasant change if you ask me. Good luck to the fella - I hope we see him soon in the first team.

rover6 - I seem to recall that it was just a 12 month contract, 64 pages, A4, White. Standard stuff.

Alan75 - Is that a picture of Ostenstad? He's actually lost weight!

Having little to do at the moment I googled a couple of names smile.gif

PEDRO (Accronym) Pneumatic Energy Detector with Remote Optics

No entry found for Ostenstad.

Did you mean Astounded?

biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.