BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Javier De Pedro

He's  residing at the Punch Bowl, Hurst Green.

After today, can you argue De Pedro should be near the pitch?!?

No one was arguing that point anyway, as far as I know. De Pedro was a spent force when we bought him and now he is performing the 'Egil Ostenstad' role of being laughed at by opposition fans at reserve team games.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I for one would love to see (a fit) FJDP in the squad. FJDP Thommo Bazza and Emerton midfield would be good, IMO, plus, having Reid, Emo, MGP and FJDP fighting for places can only be a good thing.

Well you would hope that for his wages he would fight for a place and put pressure on the other players.

What I find amusing is that Souness said we didnt need a left winger last season and Reid, Thompson and Emerton would be enough. That looked manifestly untrue as we edured a terrible time but now, under Hughes, it seems true after all! Indeed Emerton seems a far superior left winger than a right one. Im sure it is all down to tactics, confidence and fitness regeimes but if big Graeme had only got it to work...

The quality we posess in the midfield is first rate and it is hard to envisage De Pedro donning the Blue and White halves ever again. He hasnt even been picked in the reserves for a while and I would guess need Thompson, Emerton, Reid and MGP all to be injured/suspended to get a game. There must be a way of getting him off the bill on the cheap.

There must be a way of getting him off the bill on the cheap.

there must also be a reason why we were the only team who wanted him... wink.gif

although i did think that he would prove to be a good signing... and still hope he comes good eventually. but time is running out.

It's been said quite a few times before that his fitness is not up to it. We're not talking about lazy but can if really have to fitness we're talking way out of his depth. And IMO he doesn't offer enough to compensate for this lack of fitness. To me he's behind Bazza, Reid, Emerton, Tommo, Tugay, Flitty MGP and Douglas for a midfield place. (He has tried playing central for a bit in the reserves.) To me that kind of indicates that the chances of him making it at Rovers is highly unlikely. We'd have to have a very nasty injury crisis for him to play.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.