BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Away Fun Day

SAS

That's the busiest the lines have been for a long time. I got two £27ers after being number 28 in the queue.

Did they check the 2 tickets history or did they just ask and then proceed with your tickets without checking??

they asked for the account numbers and then checked which matches we had attended.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SG194. So, you'd do first come first served ? So those that have travelled to Palace, Fulham, Southampton, Newcastle, Norwich etc should be forced to pay more for their ticket than somebody that hasn't simply because they managed to get in the queue earlier and managed to secure lower tier tickets ? Under your scheme we should just put the tickets on open sale so that those folks who haven't bothered going to Rovers since 99 but will go to this because it'll be a good session, should get equal chance ?

It's not like not having gone to away games will stop people getting tickets, it just means they don't get first grab (and hence, less chance of the cheaper seats), which seems fair enough to me. The lower tier WILL sell out very quickly and given the date I expect the upper tier to sell out too.

Now, I agree its a shame that this isn't necessary for ALL our away game, but given it's Bolton and it's Christmas I (and the club it seems) expect the turnout to be high.

I say Rovers Ticket Office have got the bob-on for once. The ticket office seem to be on the list of "acceptable targets" whom people bitch about without any real basis of fact. This "hard to get tickets" line is complete rubbish and anyone who has tried to get tickets knows it to be rubbish, but sadly the rumour mill is mightier than Rovers' PR machine and the myth lives on.

Has ANYONE had ANY trouble getting a ticket for an away game (that hans't sold out) in the last few years ? NO ? Well why help keep the rumour going ?

If you've got a season ticket then ring up when they go on sale to those without stubs. No season ticket ? Same again, unless they've sold out in which case maybe it might be a good reason to buy a ST next year.

<Rant Over>

I'm sorry to say but all this 'checking of ticket history' is @#/?.

When we struggle to take 2,000 to Man city and you wonder why?....... its like fort knox buying tickets, it just turns people completely off. mad.gif

Agreed. It should simply be a case of season ticket holders for 1st week and then general sale after. 1st come, 1st served

You two not been to away games this year perhaps ?

Using your logic why should ST holders get preferencial treatment over walk-on customers (after all, technically pay more for their tickets) ? I'm guessing because you DO have season tickets ? Maybe we should give preferential treatment to those that have been to no games at all, after all those that have been to some games are already on the path to becoming a regular supporter so don't need as much incentive.*

I'm not trying to start a I'm-a-better-fan-than-you argument, I'm just wondering WHY those ST holders going to away games shouldn't get preferential treatment over those who do (other than that YOU may have to pay for more expensive seats ) ?

I think the club has done everythign it reasonably can to be fair and I can't see a better way of doing it.

(* For the hard of thinking, this is sarcasm as someone will no doubt point out the stupidity of this).

or maybe people who have just been to 2 away games, as some people may not be season ticket holder but yet they might go to a lot of away games.

but i have no complaints with the system, if you go to a lot of away games you have nothing to worry about

I dont go to the london games much anymore, hence why iv only been 1 away game this season. Was going to go newcastle but told its a waste of money as the players are that far off.

I think no matter what games you have been to, unless you are in the away ticket scheme then it should be 1st come, 1st served.

When we went Cardiff for the cup final i had been to every away game that season, yet i stilll had to que up for 4 hours

I think the system is fair enough. I think I'm right in saying that they started doing this after the Celtic cockup, where they did put tickets on open sale, and some people who had been to all away games and/or had even been to Bulgaria didn't get tickets.

There is no fairer way to distribute the tickets than (especially for a derby game) than to

Season Ticket holders who go away (proof of two games)

Season Ticket Holders

Non St fans who go away (again with proof)

General Sale

All clubs do this but what does annoy people is when the BIG games come along they don't get tickets but at least this way it rewards the regulars.

And yes, I would say that as I got mine this morning rover.gif

And AndyT - the atmosphere will be everywhere, it always is when we win!

You cant keepo everyone happy with this one.

Ive only been to one away this season, Fulham.

The more detailed you get the more time consuming and administrative it becomes for the club (and therefore expensive) Some clubs (Man City for one) give points per game attended, home and away, with the points differing by distance.

Season tickets are sold as entitleing you to priority tickets, I for one have no problem with people who have been to more than me getting a further priority. I will get tickets, Ill be at Ewood at 9am on Thursday morning (cos Im tight and wont opay the booking fee!)

Personally dont see the issue here.

rover.gif at them prices i will be very suprised if the game sells out,well the away section.i have not been to any away games this season,was going to go to city but the tickets had gone by the time i got round to applying.i decided i would only go to the derbies away this season,but there is no way i am paying £54 for me and junior to go to the breezeblock,anyway 2006 wc tickets go on sale in feb biggrin.giftinykit.gif

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.