SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Away Fun Day

SAS

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Upper tier Im row 00 Payed top wack like , Got em yesterday no trouble , Hope its a good Game . And do the stubbs have to be in your season ticket name , I have a few but thought ill w8 till its open for ST holders

Hopes a sell Out and a Good win , that ul do me.

Does anybody know the times that are available on the trains to get to and from Horwich Parkway?

BOLTON TRAVEL NOTICE

In the past there has been a 'football special' train which goes from Blackburn direct (without stopping) to Horwich Parkway. I don't know if that will be the case this year.

I suspect the message posted on the official site is to get people to book on away travel... clever!

I took a look at this last week - trains from Blackburn have to change - I think at Bolton itself (any ideas?) - and take approx an hour. They leave at 12.00 arrive at Horwich 13.03 - 12.15 and arrive at 13.28 and 13.00 arriving at 14.03 and 13.15 arrving at 14.28. This is from thetrainline.com.

It's a bank holiday but that's what the website states anyway. I've no idea about the return journey though.

Does anybody know the times that are available on the trains to get to and from Horwich Parkway?

BOLTON TRAVEL NOTICE

I'd avoid going on the train if possible, unless you are willing to go incredibly early and leave later. (but then once at the Reebok you'll struggle to get in places if you are wearing anything that might suggest you are a football fan).

The reason for the train swap is because going to Blackburn is on the Clitheroe-Manchester Victoria Line, the Reebok is on the Manchester Airport-Preston line. You either have the option of going to Bolton and waiting for the connection from there, or to Preston and going from there. Note, not all trains stop at Horwich Parkway, so you need to check.

The trains from Chorley (preston line) tend to leave every 20 mins on a Saturday. Wouldn't bother with any of the pubs on the Middlebrook as all of them except one inside the bowling alley will request to see your match ticket before entry. Going for a drink around Bolton train station isn't really a good idea but I'd recommend the town centre for a night out. Other than that there's good old chorley for a nice quiet drink unsure.gif !

Careful Clare, or are you making an official move for Jim's best spotting anorak wink.gif .

There was a 'special' from Blackburn station last year but since I doubt there was more than 20 folk on it, I have my doubts whether it'll run this year. I checked on the National Rail website a couple of weeks ago and it was saying the trains were pretty much as I expected but I'll have a look in the next day or so - 28th is Boxing Day bank hol isn't it? Think I remember reading somewhere that there's something like a Sunday service operating.

yea i got the football special on the way home last year, there was about 15 on it.

I`m going down to the train station tomorrow to see what the crack is, because on the train line it seems trains are operating as normal on the 28th.

Pubs - Dont go on middlebrook (Shopping centre at reebok) as you can only get in if your a home fan.

Best pub to go to is the greenwood. Its on Chorley old road (just at the top of the road near the reebok). Its only a 5 minute walk and its a huge pub. It also allows both sets of fans and you usually get a good banter in there

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.