BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers 0 Spurs 1

I just hope we continue to display our never-say-die attitude. Go for a 1-1 draw with greedy "give me more money even though I've just signed a new 5 year deal" defoe and greedy "that's my goal Dickov I don't care how hard you worked to create it" Gallagher on the scoresheet.

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

However, more recently Spurs v Blackburn matches have not tended to stick in my memory.

Tim Sherwood is Blackburn's most famous export to Spurs.

The match against Spurs that will forever remain in my memory was the 7-2 drubbing we gave them at Ewood in the early 70's against a very classy Spurs side that included the great Jimmy Greaves. What a day!!!!

As for our most famous export being Tim Sherwood! You must be joking.

Mike England has to be that man.

No predictions, just a few comments. We all are well aware of Rovers habit of the big let down after good performances, right? Well, to me this is a real acid test for Mark Hughes, have we really turned the corner? Make no mistake this is a big big game for us.

I have no doubt the stay away fans who are borderline at the mo', their eyebrows are beginning to raise and they are saying to themselves " Mmmm, maybe this lot have something going"

It is imperative, absolutely vital that we do not suffer a let down this weekend. This will be the third week in a row we have been on telly, one was a stirring comeback, one was a sound and emphatic beating of Fulham.

We must win this, the armchair Rovers fan watching on the box may just get stirred up enough to go and watch. If we blow it he will pop another can drop back in his comfy chair and say " Aaah I knew it, same old bloody Rovers"

We scored 2 last week which could easily have been 4 or 5 and the week before we bagged 3 so the forward line is firing. The defensive errors are slowly being whittled down and there appears to be more concentration at the back.Therefore I'm going for Rovers 3 Spurs 1 (due to at least one more defensive lapse)

tongue.gif

Been reading the previews for the Spuds v Liverpool Carling Quarter Final tonight. Looks like Jol sees this as Spuds big chance for silverware this year and is fielding a full strength side.

Liverpool on the other hand see the Carling as relatively low priority but with European and Premiership campaigns faltering, perhaps Benitez would be glad of winning something. Certainly there are a couple of less familiar names in his squad but he won't be putting out an all star Reserves Arsenal style as all his first team are listed as well.

Here's hoping Liverpool make a real fight of it tonight. The last thing we want is Spuds rolling up to Ewood buoyed by handing out a drubbing to an under-motivated Liverpool.

I am pretty indifferent about the winner tonight (would prefer Liverpool) but will be delighted to see an attritional, bad tempered, kick anything that moves, mistake-ridden game officiated by a card happy ref settled 21-20 on penalties after extra time. Nothing better than hanging around in the centre circle for 50 minutes in wet sweaty football strip late on a nasty London December evening for messing up the muscles and bronchial passages. rover.gif

Unfortunately, it looks like Liverpool will be fielding a weakened side.

Edited by philipl

However, more recently Spurs v Blackburn matches have not tended to stick in my memory. 

Tim Sherwood is Blackburn's most famous export to Spurs.

The match against Spurs that will forever remain in my memory was the 7-2 drubbing we gave them at Ewood in the early 70's against a very classy Spurs side that included the great Jimmy Greaves. What a day!!!!

One of the best Rovers performances I have ever seen.

We were 3-0 up in about 20 minutes (Andy McEvoy hat-trick ?) but Jimmy Greaves pulled two goals back before half-time.

In the second half Rovers tore Tottenham apart with four more goals. Fantastic day.

On the downside, I saw Rovers beaten 4-0 at White Hart Lane in 1965-66 in our relegation season as we went from potential champions to demotion in two seasons. Sound familiar ?

I would drop Short for this one because of the pace Spurs have...i.e. Defoe, Kanoute & Keane.

Short has played v Newcastle (Bellamy) – lost 3-0, v Arsenal (Henry, Pires) – lost 3-0, & Boro (Hasselbaink) – lost 4-0, so far this season

is Defoe playing this one then?

thought taking his shirt off got him his 5th yellow

Hopefully Spurs will be cream-crackered after their extra time in the Carling Cup- 3-1 to Rovers, Keane for them with that irritating celebration in front of the BBE then 3 second half goals from Stead / Emerton / Reid.

This is real shame on 2 levels-having beaten the mighty Burnley in an earlier round they would have been expecting to win the cup, and now the manager has to lift them for their next league match:let's hope they aren't too tired.

After a good win last week at Fulham, the players and the fans are both optimistic about Saturday's game.

What's crucial is, if we go a goal up early on, that we maintain our lead and keep Spurs under pressure.

Rovers 3 - 2 Spurs

Dickov Keane

Ferguson Brown

Emerton

Attendance: 23,851

Blackburn v Tottenham

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.