BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Meesage To The Drummer

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whilst Billy's, Mikey's (and formerly Martin's) et al's drums aren't my cup of tea, I feel they come in for an completely unfair amount of abuse, especially on pseudo-anonymous forums such as this. They seem to have become an acceptable target for abuse, a bit like The French, Morris Dancers and Gerald Jackson* smile.gif . These lads only want the same thing as us, to see Rovers win in a good atmosphere but they are actually doing something about it.

If you don't like it, simply start chants they CAN'T join in with (there are quite a number) but sadly whilst the crowd is conditioned to react the the beat of a drum they'll continue to do so and the drummers will remain necessary.

Regardless, before this turns into another drummer-slag-fest remember they are real people with real families just doing what they think is the right thing.

* This ISN'T another dig at Gerald, I'm merely pointing out that people have in the past written some very unfair things about him without regard for his feelings.

Could be worse, could have the 'Official' England band. Imagine getting a damned annoying verion of an already annoying song stuck in your head every home... I am of course reffering to that bloody Great Escape theme. Aaagggghhhh... its in my head now already. Damnit.

Could be worse, could have the 'Official' England band. Imagine getting a damned annoying verion of an already annoying song stuck in your head every home... I am of course reffering to that bloody Great Escape theme. Aaagggghhhh... its in my head now already. Damnit.

Try singing along to it when in Germany along with another 10,000 england fans when they are winning 5-1.

I think you would then find it very enjoyable !!!

The atmosphere at the Rovers was much better well before the drummer.

The drum kills the songs.

How many do we now sing ??

Try singing along to it when in Germany along with another 10,000 england fans when they are winning 5-1.

I think you would then find it very enjoyable !!!

The atmosphere at the Rovers was much better well before the drummer.

The drum kills the songs.

How many do we now sing ??

Singing along to it wouldnt help. Personally, its just 'one of those things'. This one annoys me no end. Like Victoria Beckhams 24 hour pout, and cereal that ISNT soggy as hell.

I don't like him but I don't dis-like him.

Fair enough, like all of us he wants to create an atmosphere and at times if the drummer doesn't, their wouldn't be an atmosphere at Ewood.

He can be annoying, like when we score a goal all you can hear is that thud several times.

At least we don't have what Pompey have with that cow-bell.

can imagine its not too great if youre sat near it but i like it if your not sat in the same stand, adds atmosphere. i used to live near sheffield and used to go when rovers were in the city, i always admired the brass band. couldve done a few more tunes mind, they shouldve listened to more 70s ska.

************* - Go away quickly.

Does any one remember the Blackburn End's rendition of Annie's Song?

Ya can't do that with a drum.

I'm with Mick on this one. Someone should puncture them drums to shut them up for good. We could then sing some classics like "You are my sunshine" or "Chim Chimeny" which don't require to be battered along with. When we get a corner it could be "Come on you Blues" rather than "Bang, Bang......etc".

I'm pretty indifferent about the drummer but I'm full of admiration for anyone who is prepared to beat his hands raw every game for the team.

One question for all the critics, how is it we never hear any of these classic songs and chants? The drummer probably only plays for 20 minutes at most in a game. Leaves you 70 minutes to prove your point - will we hear you on Saturday? I shall be all ears ...... but I don't think I'll be surprised. sad.gif

Or is it just another moan?

put them in the jack walker upper

Don't %$*!*&% dare!

At Norwich away, it was the first time I had the 'pleasure' of being in close proximity to the drummer.

My head finally stopped pounding by the time I was back in Huddersfield.

The respect I feel for those who sit in the BBE went up astronomically after that day. It was either respect or sincere sympathy.

whilst the crowd is conditioned to react the the beat of a drum they'll continue to do so and the drummers will remain necessary.

What absolute twaddle. It's like saying that so long as a child has stabalisers on its bike it can't cycle on two wheels, so best keep them. Why not just get rid of them and see how the atmosphere improves. There may be a lull as the crowd adapts but they'll soon be cycling away no probs.

Try sitting at the back of the BBE towards the JWS. I'm sick to death of chants (and practically every football chant can be drummed to) being destroyed by the drummer, who doesn't understand that sound travels at a set speed. By the time he hears the chants near us, starts beating his bloody drum and the sound gets back it's invariably half a beat out and the chant is destoyed. THAT'S WHY THERE'S NO ATMOSPHERE!!!! mad.gif

Why not get Blackburn People's Choir on the case to lead the Blackburn End chorus?

Only about 20-30 of them but clean, tuneful and powerful vocals - they might need lyric sheets for some chants (eg for the Blackburn Infantry, I was born etc) and there might be some potential away fans amongst their number but it's got to be worth a shot.

As regards comments in this thread, it cannot be a fait accompli with the drummers, surely?

The <Pavlovs' dogs> response has got to be broken...as McClarky pointed out, renditions of the classic 'Cmon you blues' have been lost in recent seasons because of its lack of percussive opportunity (in spite of occasional vain efforts still by the dot matrix scoreboard to inspire it).

Reduce the drumming and rip out a few seats and get that Frenzy single on... thumbs-up.gif

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.