BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Meesage To The Drummer

Point taken about us not singing folks, but I can distinctly remember the last game that he wasn't there (although not the opposition) and it made for an excellent atmosphere.

As to say he only beats for 20 minutes, that simply because thats how long we sing, if we were to try and sing any decent songs in the other 70 minuted, he'd soon chip in and drown us out of tune.

I think a trial seperation would give us the answer rolleyes.gif

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As an ex resident of the Riverside-Side of the BBE the drummer does provide a very useful role, he makes the right side (if you were stood on the pitch) aware of what the left side (where most of the songs start) is singing and often gets them singing. Now, I'm sat bang in the center (pretty much in line with the drummer) and I can hear the left hand side and I've noticed a. The Drummer often only joins in after the BBE start something, this helping "pass the chant along" and b. Ones he can't drum with never get sung out the right hand side (inlcuding yesterdays rendition of "You Are My Sunshine").

This is why there is a much better atmosphere at Away games, its because of the smaller numbers and higher percentage of singers, everyone can easily hear someone singing, which you can't at home games.

Being sat in the middle is quite funny because someone around row 25 is very vocal and tries very hard to continue songs across the middle, however he has a knack for singing the wrong thing smile.gif

So I say again, until the fans can learn to sing without the drummer, he serves a useful purpose, without him the only fans that would be singing ANYTHING at the moment would the JW-Side of the BBE (and the bloke behind me smile.gif ).

However, I'd be much much much happier if he wasn't needed and wasn't there (the drummers, not the bloke behind me smile.gif ) because like playing the Final chuffin Countdown it makes us look like the stuck-in-the-past flat cap in whippet owners that people sterotype us as.

The Drummer often only joins in after the BBE start something, this helping "pass the chant along"

Yep, I listened quite carefully yesterday, I was that bored I had to do something. There was little doubt the drummer was joining in rather than starting songs. PLus I thought he was quite restrained in his beating. It was clear there was little singing to be heard other than 'Blue n White Army', 'Get Into 'em' and the usual stuff. Didn't hear 'You are my Sunshine' but there was chorus of When The Blues Go Marching In'

So where were all the classics?

if we had no drummer, nobody would sing one song!!

Its always the drummer who has to start the song, its never the fans

Rubbish.

Go and sit at the top of Block N01 and you will hear fans starting many songs, only to pack in when the drummer starts half a beat later.

Another potentially good atmosphere ruined on Saturday. I wonder what this costs us in points?

tinykit.gifcool.gif

Just a reminder guys wink.gif

One question for all the critics, how is it we never hear any of these classic songs and chants? The drummer probably only plays for 20 minutes at most in a game. Leaves you 70 minutes to prove your point - will we hear you on Saturday? I shall be all ears ...... but I don't think I'll be surprised.

Song opportunities are largely dictated by events on the pitch and tempo of play, so much of the remaining time might not lend itself to singing.

So I say again, until the fans can learn to sing without the drummer, he serves a useful purpose, without him the only fans that would be singing ANYTHING at the moment would the JW-Side of the BBE (and the bloke behind me smile.gif ).

However, I'd be much much much happier if he wasn't needed and wasn't there

And this is where it falls on it arse Glenn - whilst he there people will not sing as he breaks up any rhythm that starts to get going and the awful 'get into em' is just an embarrassment

And that's what most are getting at - he isn't needed and I always stop singing when he starts up.

rover.gif Sounds pretty simple to me sack the drummer cos hes crap out of rythm and nobody wants him. I was sat 3 seats from him at Bolton last season and he sure ruined my afternoon.

Also if he is on free tickets, he will have to put his hand into his pocket and the club will be better off.

SACK THE DRUMMER

if we had no drummer, nobody would sing one song!!

Its always the drummer who has to start the song, its never the fans

Rubbish.

Go and sit at the top of Block N01 and you will hear fans starting many songs, only to pack in when the drummer starts half a beat later.

Another potentially good atmosphere ruined on Saturday. I wonder what this costs us in points?

tinykit.gifcool.gif

The drummer stopped at least 5 chants I had started on saturday with his persistance in drumming out of time.

You might be able to here yourselves in Block N01 and think you are making a lot of noise, but the acoustics aren't great at Ewood and we can hardly hear you from the Riverside.

The drums cames over well on the TV highlights and it made it sound like we were making a lot of noise throught the match. What we desperately need at Ewood is some atmosphere and noise. Then maybe people will feel more like they have been entertained, they will want to come back, etc....

I have been sat next to Bill on a frezze cold night at Barnsley - I know how annoying it can be!

The sad fact is that most people, certainly most in the Riverside, aren't going to join in with any chants (and to be honest, there aren't many the kids can join in with!!). But you do get families and old grannies clapping along to the drum. The sound of 17,000 people clapping along with a drum comes across on TV, and to the players on the pitch, more than 100 lads singing about the wings of an eagle.

More like put the drummer in the Darwen end to sabotage the visiting supports' chants and annoy them. wink.gif

The other issue I have with the drumming is that fewer Rovers fans seem to bother clapping anymore - either as part of songs or spontaneously to acknowledge good play.

Then again, responsibility for the lack of applause by Rovers fans at Ewood over recent months might not be solely the drummer's fault ! tongue.gif

You might be able to here yourselves in Block N01 and think you are making a lot of noise, but the acoustics aren't great at Ewood and we can hardly hear you from the Riverside.

The drums cames over well on the TV highlights and it made it sound like we were making a lot of noise throught the match. What we desperately need at Ewood is some atmosphere and noise. Then maybe people will feel more like they have been entertained, they will want to come back, etc....

I have been sat next to Bill on a frezze cold night at Barnsley - I know how annoying it can be!

The sad fact is that most people, certainly most in the Riverside, aren't going to join in with any chants (and to be honest, there aren't many the kids can join in with!!). But you do get families and old grannies clapping along to the drum. The sound of 17,000 people clapping along with a drum comes across on TV, and to the players on the pitch, more than 100 lads singing about the wings of an eagle.

WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME 17000 did that....?

This should have been taken up at the FF - it was the club who gave him the bloody thing in the first place - get them to take it back off him.

It has been, and will be every time I get the opportunity. I appear to be in a minority however.

Unfortunately, the chairman is also a Blackburn End Drummer, and Billy doesnt seem to let concerns about how popular his drumming is bother him (so long as he gets his free ticket).

????

• 3 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.