BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Meesage To The Drummer

As a former drummer - I think me & Billy were the first - I can categorically state we enjoyed no financial gain whatsoever, so the slight strain of envy noted elsewhere in this thread is misplaced in an urban myth.

Other than that, usual debate, usual views and nothing new to offer by way of an alternative to the whole drummer thing.

The best way to get rid is to render him unnecessary but that would mean doing something instead of whingeing, wouldn't it?

I take the point about the JW side of the BBE trying to start things, but it is a sad fact that their sterling efforts are disregarded by the time they get to the middle of the BBE. It is this lack of input from the crowd that first moved the club to ask two guys to repeat their one-off introduction of a couple of drums for the rest of what had been a poor season - the ground had been funereal, for God's sake!

This is why I am unconvinced that everybody will suddenly rediscover their vocal chrods and get behind the team when should the drums be stopped tomorrow. Regular attendance for 30 years says this belief is well-intentioned but misplaced.

Someone makes a good point though - if you have a chat with Bill he will do all he can to help get particular songs going or help you spread a tune around, he'll even shut up if it works - remember all he wants is the same as you and that is a noisy Ewood with a partisan, passionate making the place worth a goal's start to the team. He has a different way of going about it, but is only too willing to work with some of you budding ultra's.

Finally, I couldn't give a ****** about what it sounds like on telly as long as it creates the right vibe on the ground. Giving telly even a second's thought speaks volumes for the state of the game.

Merry Christmas everybody. dry.gif

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finally, I couldn't give a ****** about what it sounds like on telly as long as it creates the right vibe on the ground. Giving telly even a second's thought speaks volumes for the state of the game.

sad.gif If you re-read my post I think you will find that I am one of the only people who has constantly stuck up for the drummers.

I too don't care much about how the atmosphere at Ewood comes across on the TV, but its a sad fact that TV coverage is a major part of Premiership football. I don't have a Sky subscription, so I was only refering to the MOTD highlights.

In my opinion, TV is the reason we are having this debate about atmosphere in the first place!! It is killing the game.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.