BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Fa Cup 3rd Round Draw

Tris

Nah, we should take the whole away area, about 2,000 tickets. Anyway, its a reasonable draw, a ground most people havent been to and a chance go stand in terraces for the first time since i guess Craven Cottage was re-devoloped.

Its a game we should win, Cardiff have had a really crap season so far and ive got a feeling this game wont catch the imagination of the Cardiff public too much and so i doubt it will sell out, so wont be anywhere as intimadating as when Leeds went there.

Edited by BRFC4EVA

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not too sure about the draw away at Cardiff, for Cardiff it's a great draw for us it's a tough one.

We should have the ability to beat them, going there we will need to fight and battle and then our skill level will show.

Playing them at Ninean Park, they will try and create an atmosphere as hostile as it can get, not as much as they did against Leeds.

There are some good ties to look forward though.

FA Cup third round draw

What a magnificent set of ties. Not one all Prem game and Man U v Exeter and Yeading v Newcastle marvelous roy of the rovers stuff. Really pleased for Exeter after all their financial troubles.

Thirteen Prem v Championship ties, eight with the Prem club playing away.

There will be Premiership casualties and have to say that Rovers must be likely candidates for an early exit although not the most obvious.

The Bluebirds are massively under performing and the Rovers probably do not have that edge in class needed to put an uppety lower division side in its place. A nervous replay at a chilly half empty Ewood is a quite likely outcome.

I think we will roll them over. If we can keep the work rate up we should easily beat them- we have players of amuch higher quality than Cardiff.

Despite the defeat yesterday Hughes has got the commitment and performance of the players significantly improved- the only way we could lose a game like this is if we lose our cohesion and ethic. That should not happen, hopefully......

Nah, we should take the whole away area, about 2,000 tickets. Anyway, its a reasonable draw, a ground most people havent been to and a chance go stand in terraces for the first time since i guess Craven Cottage was re-devoloped.

Its a game we should win, Cardiff have had a really crap season so far and ive got a feeling this game wont catch the imagination of the Cardiff public too much and so i doubt it will sell out, so wont be anywhere as intimadating as when Leeds went there.

There is the old FA Cup rule that we are entitled to 15% of the tickets for the ground (subject to police approval) so around 3000. We wont need anywhere near that though.

Have they still got terracing in the away stand? From what I can remember Cardiff can be a half decent night out. blink.gif SHEEP SHEEP SHEEP SH4GGERS

i worked there last year for 3 months cardiff is not a good night out ....its f soooooooooooopa .Be aware at all times if we win because it becomes slap an englishman time and the prince of wales ...wethers...is a renowed watering hole for the soul boys,or so i was told.

Guest bluebird42

Hey,

As a Cardiff City Fan, have to say we do fancy our chances. Whilst you have some v good players they are playing under a manager with the tactical knowledge of a 5yr old.

You shouldn't have too many problems in cardiff, whilst we, as every club have our more violent fans the vast majority will be welcoming. The city centre is within walking distance as is the main bus/train station.

It should be quite a heated atmosphere, although not so much directed at yourselves, more so Sparky who is now despised down in south wales.

His negative tactics cost us a trip to portugal, and since then he has been a two faced turncoat. On the same day he sacked tony parkes after 30 odd yrs without even the curtosy of a phone call he was telling john toshack (new welsh boss) that he should be loyal to his old back room staff !!!

All in all you'll be made welcome ... except sparky that is

PS - Listen out for Ali, our PA man who has a wicked choice of pre match music, i.e the worzals etc for the visit of bristol city etc.

safe trip down anyway

Well i was planning a weekend in Newcastle as its my birthday on the 7th, but i may have to change my plans for a weekend in Cardiff.

As for the crap above about Hughes. You did not have a talented enough squad to be in Portugal. Dont blame Hughes, without him, you would never of beat Italy.

I hope we go to wales and Stuff them. I can see us running them ragged. 3-0 Rovers

Edited by Hughesy

I'd love Histon as well as I worked there for a year not so long ago. There's one or two good pubs in Histon, one especially that does cracking lock-ins until the early hours.

I'd love to know what pub you went to, then. I live in next village, Milton, and Histon is known to be one of the dullest places about, full of old people, pikeys and 13 yeard olds from Impington.

Still, always do admire the modern art, there. The Rusty Trolley I nA Duck Pond was a great achievement wink.gif

Chinese is f****** awsome in Histon if anyone is passing - the Phoenix.

Hey,

As a Cardiff City Fan, have to say we do fancy our chances.

Welcome to the site bluebird.

I didn't realise there was such anamosity towards Hughes.

As for the game its a tricky one for Rovers. We definately cant go down there expecting a win, look what happened against Bournemouth.

It's not really the draw I wasd looking for, I wanted somewhere local, but it should be a good day out anyway.

It should be quite a heated atmosphere, although not so much directed at yourselves, more so Sparky who is now despised down in south wales.

His negative tactics cost us a trip to portugal, and since then he has been a two faced turncoat. On the same day he sacked tony parkes after 30 odd yrs without even the curtosy of a phone call he was telling john toshack (new welsh boss) that he should be loyal to his old back room staff !!!

How very,very sad to read. rolleyes.gif

A manager is only as good as the players he has to work with and in the case of Wales my friend Hughes performed near miracles!!!!! laugh.gif

Your country had its most successful period in donkeys years under Hughes...dont be bitter.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.