BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Fa Cup 3rd Round Draw

Tris

And it wasn't Hughes fault that someone leaked the decision about Tony before he had had a chance to speak to him. (though the new Reserve Team coach has some making up to do after they lost to bottom of the league Sunderland mad.gif )

Anyway, Bluebird, should be a good match. Don't think I'll be able to make it though. sad.gif

Strange how we'd have played Cardiff in the Carling Cup if ............. ph34r.gif

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've read on the Cardiff Official Website that should we want it, we will be allowed the whole 'John Smiths Grange End' - away fans usually only take half of this stand.

I hope we take it all! The FA Cup laws state that the away team is entitled to 15% of the grounds capacity. I think the John Smiths Grange End is in the region of 3,500 - 4,000 capacity.

If Rovers have a chance to sign Gabbidon in January, then this match WILL be a banana skin wink.gif

If they don't have a chance with signing Gabbidon, then we'll stuff em! wink.gif

Edited by BMan

Which is the better night out? Newcastle or Cardiff? Anyone know?

Newcastle, though have had my fair share of good nights in Cardiff after millenium stadium gigs, the bloke dropping his trousers and jumping up and down in blah blah's will never be forgotten wink.gifwink.gif

Would say the toon still shades it, even though I am getting a tad tired of going out there!!!!

Edited by Robertson

Hughes isn't hated as much as the poster above says, but most Welsh footy fans with some knowledge of basic tactics know he is simply terrible. Delaney at centre back? Davies at right back? Bellamy at right of midfield? Hartson up on his own? Simply Shocking.

You say we have bad players? Nonsense! Earnshaw is banging in the goals for West Brom, Bellamy is one of the top scorers in the Prem, Hartson the top scorer in Scotland and we all know about Giggs, Savage, Davies Thatcher, Delaney and so on... Putting Earnshaw on for the last ten minutes against Russia in the play-off was ridiculous, and even then he was played on the right hand side! Watch out with Hughes, he is massively over-rated by the media considering his poor basic decision making.

You won't get the entire Grange end at all, you'll get the away end (capacity about 2,000). There's no way we'll put up with giving you the home section of that stand. If Gabbidon is a Blackburn player by the time the game comes around, expect a 'good' reception. We have some quality young players coming through the academy here (like Cameron Jerome, Stuart Fleetwood, Joe Ledley and Byron Anthony) and with Peter Thorne back from injury we can cause you some problems. Don't let our poor league position fool you guys, we are better than that, though we are truly awful at defending at the moment, especially from set-pieces. That will be the key for the guys. Try to get corners against us and we'll be sure to get you some free-headers at goal.

Anyways, good-luck for the rest of the season and don't be too surprised when we knock you out. tongue.gif

Edited by bluebirds boyo

You won't get the entire Grange end at all, you'll get the away end (capacity about 2,000). There's no way we'll put up with giving you the home section of that stand.

Your official site says the decision on whether we take the whole of that end is down to ourselves.

Just read that now. Hmmm, how many do you think you'll bring down here?

You have to give the away team a minimum of 15% in the FA Cup - whatever that means at your place I'm not sure ... sometimes it ends up being more because of segregation issues.

How many we'll bring is like asking for next weeks lottery numbers. The only away game I've struggled to get a ticket for this season was Norwich. Team just back in the Prem and an opportunity for a weekend away somewhere a bit different.

Cardiff may turn out to be similar - and being able to stand legally will bring in a few - although on the other hand we'll all be spent up after Christmas so it really could be anything between 500 and 3000.

I've a feeling we'll take more than usual to Cardiff. The FA Cup always brings out a few extra and the fact that it's somewhere a lot of us will never have been to before (I haven't been) will bring even more out. I'd guess at least 2000 and it wouldn't surprise me if it was more.

The FA Rule on ticketing is at least 15% - subject to police approval and segregation issues.

Now I dont know Ninian Park that well but Im not sure that it would be easy to give us 3000 (15% of 20000) and then have sufficient police/facilities to segregate the rest.

Rovers have the power to waive the 15% rule if they dont think we will sell them all, and as it is likely to sale or return - I suspect we will see an initial allocation of 2000, with more available should demand exist,

Now I dont know Ninian Park that well but Im not sure that it would be easy to give us 3000 (15% of 20000) and then have sufficient police/facilities to segregate the rest.

Exactly my point, it would be very difficult to accomadate 3,000 away fans at Ninian Park.

Edited by bluebirds boyo

and therefore unless Rovers waive the right to the 3000 tickets - we would be given the whole stand. In all honesty though I am not convinced we would bring many more than 2000, although our last trip to the fine city was a lovely day!

From memory the segregation at NP is permanent fencing surrounded by netting, is that still the case?

Yes, there is still the fencing.

The problem with giving the home section to the away fans would be that they can get worryingly close to the Bob Bank, but I suppose with clever stewards they could be keep 'em apart.

Can't see you getting another stand really. Bob bank is not an option for various reason (main one being it holds 10,000!) Canton End is a family stand. Only thing I can think of would be the side of the lower Grandstand nearest to the away end.

Plus you have to think of the season ticket holders. Don't need to worry about re-locating them in the Grange End because it's standing.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.