BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Crystal Palace 0 Blackburn Rovers 0

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a very good point but doesn't count as it was 2 games ago and you should know that all players have to be judged on their last game only.

There was a game before Tottenham? Nah, you're having a laugh surely.

we need to shore up at the back. Nissa is our best defensive option there, end of story. Emerton can take care of the attacking.

If we failed to break down spurs then I think it's a shade harsh to blame the guy at left back!

It's a very good point but doesn't count as it was 2 games ago and you should know that all players have to be judged on their last game only.

There was a game before Tottenham? Nah, you're having a laugh surely.

we need to shore up at the back. Nissa is our best defensive option there, end of story. Emerton can take care of the attacking.

If we failed to break down spurs then I think it's a shade harsh to blame the guy at left back!

Nissa the best?

are you... are you for real? seriously, are you taking the pish?

hes utter sh!t, utter sh!t

I think it's got to the point where we already have to start looking elsewhere for results to keep us in the premiership. It's just December and every week I look out for results involving lower teams.

I'm beginning to feel our destiny is not in the hands of those footballers who play for Blackburn Rovers. 6 wins in the last 30 home games? Seriously??

Nissa the best?

are you... are you for real? seriously, are you taking the pish?

hes utter sh!t, utter sh!t

he's our best defensive left-back admittedly that isn't saying a lot. not sure there is a single defender in our squad who would get into aonthe prem team.

I was amongst the people calling for Jay to come back and he gifted two goals in two games. Gray is ok going forward but weak defensively.

I was always a fan of Gresko. He suffered terribly from a lack of cover last season and has been dismissed as a result of those performances. Now, with his injury, it looks unlikely that he'll play for us again.

All those slagging off Nissa are forgetting how well he played at Fulham. Away from home, when the onus is on the home team to attack, Nissa can do a job defensively better than anyone else at the moment.

It's at home when he becomes a problem because that's where we need our full-backs to join in the attack and pressurise the opposition. Nissa can't do that.

In summary - away, Nissa good - home, Nissa bad.

Can see your point here Scotty but 1 game is not good enough - fair enough I didn't see the Fulham game but from all accounts including Coleman Fulham were crap. Personally, IMO Nissa is no way a left back

So following that theory -away, Nissa good (possibly) - home, Nissa bad - but still not a left back blink.gif

If it was up to me I would put Gray back in now that we appear to be a bit more organised buts what's going on with him?

Gray is great going forward but very poor at defending, which is exactly what all the Sunderland fans said he would be. He had a great start but started to be shown up against Charlton, got worse against Middlesbrough and was just shambolic against Chelsea. I wouldn't rule him out on that basis but we need to be solid at the back before worrying about how our full-backs will get forward.

Against Fulham Nissa was up against Malbranque and never gave him a minute to turn on the ball or anything. Against Spurs had little attacking threat on the right so the onus was on Nissa to get forward with the ball where he was poor.

One good game doesn't make him a great left back as you say but on the other hand one poor game amongst 7 or 8 other players doesn't make him a bad player either.

The trouble with the team that played against Spurs was that too many players didn't play to their potential against an organised, but pretty poor, Spurs side. Fergusson was bullied out of it by Brown, and Emerton reverted back to last season's form.

I don't think we can afford to change things around as we've at least looked organised at the back in the last couple of games.

Maybe Bothroyd will start ahead of Gally, but leave it unchanged I say.

Pub near ground anyone? Cherrytree?

In the past we've met up in a place opposite the train station.

Probably 'The Cherry Tree(s)' opposite Norwood Junction.

Pub 11 on Scotty's link.

Haven't been there for a while but we're usually welcome there

(even if they did once show a tape of 'that' play off final).

Can we please stop trying to blame individual players for the fact that we suck at times, lets face it there are rarely better options.... especially Neill.

On paper we can win this game, if we play intelligent football and do well defensively against Johnson.

Would play:

Friedel (there's a surprise)

Neill NEJ Short Gray

Tommo Fergy Flitty Emerton

Gally Dickov

With Stead, MGP, Tugay, McEv and Enkleman on the bench

Can we please stop trying to blame individual players for the fact that we suck at times, lets face it there are rarely better options.... especially Neill.

On paper we can win this game, if we play intelligent football and do well defensively against Johnson.

Would play:

Friedel (there's a surprise)

Neill NEJ Short Gray

Tommo Fergy Flitty Emerton

Gally Dickov

With Stead, MGP, Tugay, McEv and Enkleman on the bench

What the hell has Todd done wrong?

First name on the team sheet at the moment (well after Brad, Ferguson and Dickov)

Scared stiff at the prospect of speed merchant Routledge against our bag of nerves Jonathan Ross look alike(does Nissa practice that surprised gormless look?) Add to that Johnson's pace and off-ball movement against Shorty who looked knackered after 20 mins on Saturday. Palace's style of play is to have 3 forwards using the full width and exposing opponents for pace. Break quickly when picking up loose balls in midfield - Tugay's speciality. I predict a return almost as dismal as 3 June 1989 - and with similar long term consequences.

Palace 3 Rovers 0

Having just watched Palace I was going to give my 2 cents but I think you have mirrored my thoughts exactly.

I don't think we stand a chance. Palace are well drilled, 100% commitment from EVERY player and have pace upfront, they whipped in some terrific crosses. I see a hiding coming actually.

If we try to go through them at the back, no chance. I think our best chance to get at them is to go wide and come in behind, they look a bit dodgy if you come at 'em from the wings.

Scary one this, I will be most surprised if we come away with anything.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.