BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Crystal Palace 0 Blackburn Rovers 0

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right then Guys its time for ma prediction before the game on saturday i think we is going to win this 2-0 i see Paul dickov scoring and maybe Jay bothroyd as well i cant see crystal palace really affecting this game maybe andy johnson will be the only threat for this one otherwise its 3 points for us i sense a sending off as well ...maybe for us i hope not unsure.gif

My team:

1. Brad FRIEDEL- obvious choice

2. Lucas NEILL- give him insentive to go forward against Kolkka

6. Craig SHORT- experienced head at the back

24. Andy TODD- played superb against Spurs handled Defoe well hopefully will handle Johnson the same

33. Michael GRAY- need a pacey full back who can combat the dangerous Routledge

7. Brett EMERTON- best attacking midfielder at the rovers at the moment

16. Barry FERGUSON ©- captain

20. David THOMPSON- who else? need his creativity plus his fiestiness will help

18. Steven REID- help Gray with Routledge. main objective keep him quiet

10. Paul DICKOV- best forward at club at the moment will cause the impatient Popovic a hard time

27. Jay BOTHROYD- forward muscle to counteract Boyce

Subs

12. Morten Gamst PEDERSON- possibly get a run out if are comfortably up or trailing with 10 to go, nuture him in slowly

13. Peter ENCKLEMAN- backup

14. Nils-Eric JOHANSSON- backup

19. Paul GALLAGHER- possibly bring on for Bothroyd/Dickov can change game on its head, seems to go missing when he starts

22. Dominic MATTEO- versatilty. no point rushing Stead back with busy Xmas period approaching

NO PREDICTION FROM ME~SUPERSTISTION ph34r.gifbiggrin.gifrover.gif

C'MON YOU BLUES

Edited by rog of the rovers

My team:

1. Brad FRIEDEL- obvious choice

2. Lucas NEILL- give him insentive to go forward against Kolkka

6. Craig SHORT- experienced head at the back

24. Andy TODD- played superb against Spurs handled Defoe well hopefully will handle Johnson the same

33. Michael GRAY- need a pacey full back who can combat the dangerous Routledge

7. Brett EMERTON- best attacking midfielder at the rovers at the moment

16. Barry FERGUSON ©- captain

20. David THOMPSON- who else? need his creativity plus his fiestiness will help

18. Steven REID- help Gray with Routledge. main objective keep him quiet

10. Paul DICKOV- best forward at club at the moment will cause the impatient Popovic a hard time

27. Jay BOTHROYD- forward muscle to counteract Boyce

Subs

12. Morten Gamst PEDERSON- possibly get a run out if are comfortably up or trailing with 10 to go, nuture him in slowly

13. Peter ENCKLEMAN- backup

14. Nils-Eric JOHANSSON- backup

19. Paul GALLAGHER- possibly bring on for Bothroyd/Dickov can change game on its head, seems to go missing when he starts

22. Dominic MATTEO- versatilty. no point rushing Stead back with busy Xmas period approaching

NO PREDICTION FROM ME~SUPERSTISTION ph34r.gifbiggrin.gifrover.gif

C'MON YOU BLUES

I can't believe you would drop Gally in favour of Bothroyd.. have to say I really have not been impressed by him - although he did manage to take out Tugay

Scary, I love Dickov but if he's our best striker then we have the worst strike force in the league....he wouldn't be West Brom's or Crystal Palace's best striker.

Should be a sub, let him come on at the end and run around if that's what we need.

With Tugay out I'd imagine Thompson will come in - he's played more than Flitcroft who has hardly figured at all recently.

Nils Ewic Nissa Big Face Johannssson could well have fun and games when he comes up against Routledge.

This should make for quite an open game I'd imagine so I can see plenty of goals in this one.

3-3.

Bright, Southgate and Osborn for them - Ripley and a brace for Shearer in reply.

With Tugay out I'd imagine Thompson will come in - he's played more than Flitcroft who has hardly figured at all recently.

Nils Ewic Nissa Big Face Johannssson could well have fun and games when he comes up against Routledge.

This should make for quite an open game I'd imagine so I can see plenty of goals in this one.

3-3.

Bright, Southgate and Osborn for them - Ripley and a brace for Shearer in reply.

funny you mention that game, was on about that era in work yesterday with a scouser, who said 'Hendry only ever had 1 good season' mmmm ok

id take our old squad then over ours now

2-1 Rovers

If I remember rightly, and I've just got this off Soccerbase, that team included the likes of May, Wright, Price, Sherwood, Hendry, Moran, Ripley, Super Atko, Shearer and Newell and, er, Tony Dobson.

You'd swap our current squad for that lot?!?! Are you mad? There's only Tim Sherwood who went on to achieve anything (Sky TV pundit).

If I remember rightly, and I've just got this off Soccerbase, that team included the likes of May, Wright, Price, Sherwood, Hendry, Moran, Ripley, Super Atko, Shearer and Newell and, er, Tony Dobson.

You'd swap our current squad for that lot?!?! Are you mad? There's only Tim Sherwood who went on to achieve anything (Sky TV pundit).

May - yes

Wright - yes

Price - no

Sherwood - yes

Hendry - hell yes

Moran - yes

Ripley - yes

Super Atko - yes (at least knew where the net was)

Shearer - erm..... go on then

Newell - yes

so your saying you wouldnt?

Another huge game for Rovers. We should have beaten Spurs last week and come into this game with more confidence. If we win, then we move above Palace. In Andy Johnson they have a real threat up front and as such we have to defend well. Tugay's injury is a big blow for Rovers, but Thompson or Flitcroft can come in and do a decent job. We need to win to take more pressure off ourselves and I think we will win, 2-1.

Big game for the Rovers - but we should beat them. Last year at this time they were bottom of Div 1. dont think they habe improved so much that they should scare us. Yes they are well drilled and committed but every team should be that! We should have enough quality to beat them. I am still concerned about our creative ability and without Toogs passing we really will have to work hard.

2-0 to the Rovers ande move above Brum.

By the way mate from Brum says they are going down! No commitment no hard work no goals - sounds familiar story

looking foward to this, certain win for Blackburn, 3-1 Thompson, Ferguson and Dickov might even score in "open play" finally scoring a one on one, with Johnson getting a late goal for palace.

Certain? sad.gif

I really wish it would be like that.

But now, we just have to pray and hope for the best.

1-2 for Rovers.

looking foward to this, certain win for Blackburn, 3-1 Thompson, Ferguson and Dickov might even score in "open play" finally scoring a one on one, with Johnson getting a late goal for palace.

Yes. I'm sick and tired of Rovers relying on penalties for all their goals.

I say we sic Toddy on Johnson, just like we used him against Defoe last week. If he can nullify Defoe, I'd say he has a good chance against Johnson.. and if Toddy can nullify Johnson... Rovers should win!

I wish it was so simple.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.