BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Crystal Palace 0 Blackburn Rovers 0

No more messing about,the team lacks quality and a scoring edge.

Play MGP!He is a creative player,we have to give him a try!No more time to mess about and let him build his muscles or whatever.Reid is good but not gonna do something special.Emerton is stuck on the left,now Thommo is suspended and Tugay injured.

Play MGP or De Pedro at least.Bring back Stead for Dickov.Sign a striker,a 15 goal a season one,maybe on loan!

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No more messing about,the team lacks quality and a scoring edge.

Play MGP!He is a creative player,we have to give him a try!No more time to mess about and let him build his muscles or whatever.Reid is good but not gonna do something special.Emerton is stuck on the left,now Thommo is suspended and Tugay injured.

Play MGP or De Pedro at least.Bring back Stead for Dickov.Sign a striker,a 15 goal a season one,maybe on loan!

Yeah, because those 15 goal a season striker are really being let go by their clubs.

Fool!

Why should Pederen play, he's rubbish!!

Why should be play a 15stone left winger De Pedro-he's worse!!

Anyway, a decent result away from Ewood. I dont know what some idiots expect. Teams like Palace are just as good as Rovers, if not better. We aint the team of 2 years ago. When he had players in their prime,Flitcroft,Short and Berg and players overperforming like Thompson,Taylor,Gresko and Neill. And we do not have a certain world class left winger.

We have a very average team who dont have the ability of most teams to score most times we get near the goal. We have work as a team and not give silly goals away, and rely on Dickov to get us the goals

Edited by greggyk

Yeah, because those 15 goal a season striker are really being let go by their clubs.

Fool!

Why should Pederen play, he's rubbish!!

Why should be play a 15stone left winger De Pedro-he's worse!!

Anyway, a decent result away from Ewood. I dont know what some idiots expect. Teams like Palace are just as good as Rovers, if not better. We aint the team of 2 years ago. When he had players in their prime,Flitcroft,Short and Berg and players overperforming like Thompson,Taylor,Gresko and Neill. And we do not have a certain world class left winger.

We have a very average team who dont have the ability of most teams to score most times we get near the goal. We have work as a team and not give silly goals away, and rely on Dickov to get us the goals

Thank god for that!!!!!!!!!!

Somebody gets it and talks sense. Thanks greggyk i was beginning to think everyone on here was still living in dreamland, but its only 99% of the board.

i quote yellowsub 'its time to unleash MGP'....my god, what are u on, if mgp played today he would have been slaughtered, i could give a bigger battle than he does.

if the PL can sort out some consistant refs we'll be made!

Hahhahahahahahahahahahaha deep breath.... hahahahahahahahahaah. Officiating is a pure joke, it's an absolutely summation of incompetence and inconsitancy. If you look up inconsistant in the Dictionaty there is a picture of a football ref there. Yeah, the FA will do something about it. They will back the idiots 100%. It's the FA got them as stupid as they are. They are killing the game man just killing it.

Extremely annoyed as we deserved the 3 points! thanks mr wiley thats now 4 points you've screwed out of us! first manu now palace!

From the 0-0 scoreline, we obviously didn't convert any of our chances, i'd guess this was down to our own lack of quality up front, not the quality of refereeing. Not so long ago Souness was getting slated for blaming the referees for use not winning games.

• Backroom

Well, Blackpool_Rover,if your exclamation marks are anything to go by, I agree. wink.gif

Every time we get a bad result MGP is billed as the solution. If he truly was as good as most people believe, he would be playing. Hughesy watches him in training every day, he knows his strengths and weaknesses. If MGP is not being chosen it is because Hughesy does not believe he is good enough, and as he has far better access to the players than any of us, I think it's ignorant to suggest otherwise. Hughesy has no reason to hold a grudge against MGP, and he hasn't been with most of the squad long enough to form 'favourites'. We have no choice but to trust his decisions are made on solid foundations and pray he finds a way to get the best out of those he believes are good enough.

Edited by DE4life

i quote yellowsub 'its time to unleash MGP'....my god, what are u on, if mgp played today he would have been slaughtered, i could give a bigger battle than he does.

How can u say that when MGP wasn't played? Maybe he could have saved us?

I hope that Morten will get his time soon - a big talent is being wasted here... And if he don't get to play - I hope he's being put out on a loan to an other club - he doesn't deserve to be in a club that don't want to play him!

And btw; I don't say that Morten will be "the solution", and if he ever gets to play - I doubt that he will live up to everybodys expectations; cuz they're being put up way to high.

Edited by ToMaHaWk

rover.gif The last 3 games we have conceded 1 goal,a return off the old man short has shored up the defence.i was not happy with the return off flitty and matteo,thank god i have not been away this season i might have been tempted to rip my ticket up if i heard the line up before entering the ground.

still i would have took a point from today before kick off,i am still optomistic about this season,roll on jan when souey can select players off his choice tinykit.gif

Another clean sheet and a point away - not too bad.

Defensively we have tightened up. but we need to do better, and with teh window coming up, I'm confident we can, and will.

Total agreement with that. I don't think that is too bad of a result, this was a "must-not-lose" game rather than a must win, and we did just that. Being back in the bottom three isn't great right now, but with our improving performances, especially at the back, hopefully with a few players coming in during the transfer window we can turn the season around and get away from the bottom 5 or 6 within a couple of months. I don't think things look too bad at all really.

I hope that Morten will get his time soon - a big talent is being wasted here... And if he don't get to play - I hope he's being put out on a loan to an other club - he doesn't deserve to be in a club that don't want to play him!

And btw; I don't say that Morten will be "the solution", and if he ever gets to play - I doubt that he will live up to everybodys expectations; cuz they're being put up way to high.

Surely the first paragraph contradicts the second one. And judging by the 58 page Pedersonthread if he can't live up to the expectations of most board members (i.e poor) then he definately isn't the solution.

the problems are there for all to see.

next we have everton who are riding on the crest of a wave, 2nd in the League, 36 points already in the bag, a team who dont know how to concede a goal, a team that has an excellent work ethic, a team that will have 8k fans behind them at a ground where we just cannot seem to put it together.

our midfield options next week are going to be severely tested.

no thommo, no tugay, possibly no ferguson (IF the injury he got is worse than we think). Just how can the rest of the midfielders cope with the likes of Graveson and Carsley not to mention Cahill ?

How can we cope with the pace of Bent and the height of Ferguson ?

Without Dickov who can we rely on beating up the two solid defenders that are Weir and Stubbs ?

Hughesy has a massive problem for next week. We dont want to be bottom 3 going into the Christmas period as if we are we wont get out sad.gif

its that last bit that has got me seriously concerned sad.gif

christ, sum this game by saying the strikers were shocking, and can't fault Dickov's work rate, but boy this guy can't finish, he had a chance in the last 5 seconds from 2 yard and a open goal and kicked it the wrong way, at least it looked like him, he missed another good chance in the first half.

I really would like to see Gally and Stead play together, just give another pairing a chance, please, Dickov's done nothing wrong just think another pairing deserve a go

Positive Matteo was good at Left back, all back four quality

Edited by chris

Hughesy has a massive problem for next week. We dont want to be bottom 3 going into the Christmas period as if we are we wont get out sad.gif

its that last bit that has got me seriously concerned sad.gif

At least we are not guaranteed to be relegated - there's no way we can be bottom of the table on Christmas Day.

OK, I'm clutching at straws now...

I don't subscribe to all the doom and gloom over this result either. I feel that Norwich's win over Bolton has increased a lot of the anxiety. The big thing was not to lose against a relegation rival and we were successful. We also kept Palace to only 2 chances and created far more ourselves whilst chalking up another clean sheet. Of course therefore it is disappointing not to score and win but we are not the first football team to play well and only get a 0-0.

The fact is that there are several teams at the bottom that are very inconsistent and can look inept including ourselves. If anybody really thinks we are not going to be in a relegation dogfight this season (and most future seasons in the Premiership) then they are in cloud cookoo land. Hughes will try his best to bring in who he feels is right in january but some fans seriously need to take a reality check. We are far more likely to be bringing in an Ashton or (dare I say it) a Blake than we are a Cole.

Back on topic - the result against Spurs was very dissapointing, todays was not.

We will go down if Dickov remains an automatic first choice for the rest of the season. I believe he has a part to play if we are to survive, but that role is not being the main striker and starting every game if available.

He wouldn't be first choice at any other team in the Premiership, including the three promoted sides...Stead and Jansen should play together in my opinion once they are fit, with Bothroyd providing back-up for Stead and either Gally or Dickov backing up Jansen, that one would probably be more dependant on the opposition.

Our next four games:

H Everton           

H Newcastle           

A Bolton           

A Aston Villa

Can't see us getting more than 4points from those games..

Hmm. Maybe not but none of them games really frighten me.

Everton are vastly overperforming. Even watching todays Merseyside derby I can't see them as a real attacking threat. As honest a pro as Bent is he was hardly a fearsome lone frontman and Carsley, Kilbane and Gravesen behind don't seem much more potent. I'm amazed they are where they are but their bubble will burst hopefully next week!

Newcastle will be tough but we've already got a point off Man U and Liverpool at Ewood. Villa are inconsistent and as for Bolton see Everton above except their bubble has already burst.

Edited by Hasta

As for the Matteo praise.....well in our last away game Nissa got highly praised for his performance and then sucked in the home game. Matteo will be no different for he is crap.

he was actually totally solid, i hope to see him there again, only time will tell if he is consistent, but he will be starting next week. it good news having a back four play like that

Edited by chris

Our next four games:

H Everton           

H Newcastle           

A Bolton           

A Aston Villa

Can't see us getting more than 4points from those games..

RUBBISH!!!! No one can predict any results in the premiership.

So dont start trying

Palace 0

Rovers 0

Another extremely poor game, with us drawing 0-0 for the first time in three years

There is always someone who have that bit of skill... cool.gif

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.