BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New signings

Which position should be first priority for January signings?  

177 members have voted

1. 1. Which position should be first priority for January signings?

• Right back
    • Left back
    • Centre half
    • Defensive midfield
    • Attacking midfield
    • Striker

This poll is closed to new votes

althoughI would really like a good tall striker that gets decent amount of goals like Sutton, to pair with Stead, Gally etc

I had to vote for a defensive midfielder, because being strong in midfield protects the defence and allow the wide men to attack, its very important, and adds competition to places

Edited by chris

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that we need several new players to add to the squad in various positions.

But in January we're not going to go out and buy loads of players. Firstly, I'd buy a young centre half, who has pace and would play alongside somebody like Johansson or Todd.

Michael Dawson of Forest? I've always rated him and think he'd be a brilliant player for which ever club would get him, don't know what the position is with the player and the club.

If we don't get a decent centre back in January then I will really start to worry that we'll be in the Championship next season.

Defensive midfielder would be my 1st priority.

We need an energetic central midfielder who can protect the back 4 and free-up the likes of Tugay, Thompson and Ferguson to get forward and create chances.

In possession, I think we've got a decent midfield, who can usually use the ball well, but without it I think we're lacking physical presence to break down opposition play in the middle of the park. With a bit more protection, I think our current back 4 is good enough to get us through until the end of the season (injuries and suspensions permitting), but we need the midfield to do their bit and make it difficult for oppenents to create chances.

Although Tugay did a great job against Fulham, I can't see him being able to produce that kind of display week in, week out, whilst Douglas and Flitcroft don't seem to be getting a chance. Ferguson and Thompson don't strike me as players who will be able to fill the role effectively.

Getting a pacy, decent centre half would be nice, but I think a decent defensive midfielder would benefit the current team more than a decent centre half would.

Edited by percy

DMC: Savage or try getting Parker on loan

DC: Gabbidon/Henchoz

DL: Loan deal for W.Bridge or Babayaro

SC: Loan deal for Saha

All very simple! You know it makes sense Hughes, so I give you this list free of charge... dry.gif

Any chance someone knows JW's e-mail address? rover.gif

Btw, why does everyone want a new rightback? Lucas aint that poor, and we have far more problems on the left back imo...

Funny that someone who shall be nameless just recently had a go at "Americans" for not reading the threads.

I am sure even all my American friends might have grasped the "no names" and "only two players" part of this thread. biggrin.gif

I understand the clamour for a centre half, but one new central defender isn't going to sort out the defence. We'll still be shaky.

Whereas one striker could keep us up, virtually on his own.

He might if he was exceptional, not neccessarily in his own play but in a leadership role. If we could find a CH who was truly a defensive General to help organise, bite some heads off, bark some orders it would be helpful. I think it is one of the reasons we are so poor defending set pieces, no one really knows their role is we have no one in the defence who really tells others what they ought to do. We play with four defensive minded individuals rather than as a defensive unit.

DMC: Savage or try getting Parker on loan

DC: Gabbidon/Henchoz

DL: Loan deal for W.Bridge or Babayaro

SC: Loan deal for Saha

All very simple! You know it makes sense Hughes, so I give you this list free of charge... dry.gif

Any chance someone knows JW's e-mail address? rover.gif

Btw, why does everyone want a new rightback? Lucas aint that poor, and we have far more problems on the left back imo...

Funny that someone who shall be nameless just recently had a go at "Americans" for not reading the threads.

I am sure even all my American friends might have grasped the "no names" and "only two players" part of this thread. biggrin.gif

I didnt see it... biggrin.gifph34r.gif

rover.gif a central defender is a must,we have conceded too many goals,though we have only scored 16 we could have had many more points if we had not conceded so many.

priority has too be a defender,young plese no has or never beens.

next a midfielder who can make runs,dribble score goals,oh we had a couple but souey let them go. tinykit.gif

Defensive improvement is an absolute priority which makes a midfield player and a commanding central defender a must buy.

Our problems in the last season and a half have stemmed from our inability to stop conceding.

Although we don't have a 20-goal a season striker we have shown in recent games that there are a few goals in this team.

Instead of posting what positions you think need strenthening, how about posting which players should be sold off in order to raise the funds to pay for all these new quality centre backs, defensive midfielders and strikers???

tongue.gif

rover.gif

tinykit.gif

Instead of posting what positions you think need strenthening, how about posting which players should be sold off in order to raise the funds to pay for all these new quality centre backs, defensive midfielders and strikers???

tongue.gif

rover.gif

tinykit.gif

Amoruso, Gresko, Jansen, Flitcroft, Tugay, De Pedro, Douglas, Short, Johansson, Matteo, Danns, Yelldell.

Any of them can go for me. Wouldn't be too bothered if any of the others went either as long as better players came in.

Totally agree with Bryan and Scotty in their assessments on who should go. Spot on lads !

Interesting to hear J.Williams qoute in tonights LET that Rovers budgeted the wages for a mid table position is that ambition or what.

Only goal-scoring strikers really transform a team - and with a very ordinary team in every department that's the opnlt y way out of the mire. Stead did it last season but probably can't repeat it. Farm out Jansen to make room. Finding such a player is the difficult part and a helping hand from Ferguson is about the only hope.

Will we have to ship out before we bring in?

I really hope so, if not before then very soon after. We are rapidly approaching the levels of squad players at the club prior to Souness being here, albeit with perhaps a tad less quality and less balance.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.