BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] New signings

Which position should be first priority for January signings?  

177 members have voted

1. 1. Which position should be first priority for January signings?

• Right back
    • Left back
    • Centre half
    • Defensive midfield
    • Attacking midfield
    • Striker

This poll is closed to new votes

Three games without scoring suggests we may need to look for goals from elsewhere. Especially if it looks like Dickov could be the makeweight in the Savage transfer if the LET is correct. Nelsen, Mokoena, Savage and a forward brought in? Could be a very busy transfer window at Ewood. If the numerous rumours are really to be believed.

Only problem...who can we offload? Who really wants underperforming players on Premiership wages? De Pedro for example...if no other club wanted him when available on a free, who would want to have to match the presumably decent wages he is on with us?

Time to go cap in hand to the Walker Trust perhaps...

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, get rid of our best striker this season, great idea.

If Hughes can bring a new striker in, then yes that would be a great idea. Dickov aint that hard to replace you know!

We should sell our best attacker this season to play "a new striker" instead?

Who can we replace Dickov with? Anyone we do sign will probably be an unknown commodity and potentially not up to the job. Who is 'a new striker'?

I think a replacement for Dickov would be difficult to find. We're going to struggle to find a striker in the transfer window as it is, never mind offloading a good, honest professional like Dickov;-)

All the best,

Dan

its difficult, there no reason Dickov can't be a sub, his poor finsihing is hard to watch unlike his workrate, but at the moment nobody is really doing the business upfront.

Dickov is 32 yrs old so basically we have to move on soon anyway, what is more important is that if no player an play well with Dickov and he is struggling to score then maybe we could try a new strike force up front and leave Dickov on the bench, but will hughes Risk that???? I doubt it

I think Champaigne Charlie said it best "Dickov is our best striker, but lacks the quality that turns an average team into a good team"

So what does that say about the other strikers.

I don't personally want to see Dickov here next season, but there is no way he will be sold next month

Edited by chris

krislu its his work ethic that you have to admire. He will tell you he aint a gracious player blessed with ultra speed, but he does give 100 per cent and will always put his foot,leg or head in if it is required.

We can ill afford to let him go, he could work very well with an experienced head alongside or indeed if Rovers can get a solid midfielder in then playing Stead and him may just be the answer. My view is that we need a striker to score the goals that will turn draws into wins.

the bottom 5 are taking shape and we dont need to be a part of it. 4 or 5 positive results would make a very different picture and as long as norwich,palace and southampton all bite the dust at Ewood then we wont go far wrong. tinykit.gif

Dickov to set the chances up(which he's very good at)

No he is not, he is way to greedy imo. Can't remember him setting up one singel goal so far this season.

He set up Ferguson against Southampton and Villa, but yeah he is too selfish on occasion.

A centre half and a defensive midfield. Also another striker if we have enough money.

Surely on recent evidence a striker is now the priority. I do admit that we're also pretty desperate for another central midfielder, however to turn these draws into wins we need someone who's going to get 7-10 goals before the end of the season. I don't believe that any of our current crop are capable enough of doing this. Also if any cash is left after the purchases of a striker and a midfielder, how about trying to snap up a left back? The curse of our left backs seems set to continue with Gray, Mceveley, Nissa and possibly Matteo now failing.

No he is not, he is way to greedy imo. Can't remember him setting up one singel goal so far this season.

wow dude, you hate Dickov more then me biggrin.gif

to be honest he set a few up this season, he's not been totally useless, if we had three decent strikers there would be less responsibility and we wouldn't be getting ###### off with Dickov

the other strikers should be forcing him out the team if they are good enough

Although I do think that Dickov is hard to play with, the time he shouted at Gally for scoring sumed that up for me, I remeber someone did that to me when I scored in a Cup Final, but we were 10 years old biggrin.gif

Edited by chris

wow dude, you hate Dickov more then me biggrin.gif

to be honest he set a few up this season, he's not been totally useless, if we had three decent strikers there would be less responsibility and we wouldn't be getting ###### off with Dickov

the other strikers should be forcing him out the team if they are good enough

Although I do think that Dickov is hard to play with, the time he shouted at Gally for scoring sumed that up for me, I remeber someone did that to me when I scored in a Cup Final, but we were 10 years old biggrin.gif

The fact is if theres a clear one on one with the keeper the majority of us will pray its not dickov, these type of chances win games. Although dimwits such a rovers6 will still defend dickov, fair play dickov gives all his effort but there is no place in this game to carry people just because they give 110%. Surely thats to be expected of a player anyway?. The premiership is about quality and dickov is not.

If Dickov keeps starting games we WILL go down, unless we can bring in another striker or get someone at the club to find some form to score the goals that he won't.

I've asked this a number of times and never had an answer...why, at 32, is Dickov suddenly good enough to be the main striker in a team that survives in the Premiership when he has never been good enough before? His work-rate could be useful in the final stages of games but to keep starting with him is madness, using 'annoying the defence' as our primary attacking tactic will send us down. I only hope that Hughes is using this as a temporary thing until he can bring in some quality in January.

Does anyone know how many goals his kamikaze style of pressing defenders has gained us? I'd guess none, that's how you get goals in Sunday league, not the Premiership.

If Dickov keeps starting games we WILL go down, unless we can bring in another striker or get someone at the club to find some form to score the goals that he won't.

I've asked this a number of times and never had an answer...why, at 32, is Dickov suddenly good enough to be the main striker in a team that survives in the Premiership when he has never been good enough before?

firstly because nobody else is scoring, Jay has only got a goal from 2 yards.

Our main man Stead either can't score or can't play with Dickov or not been given another chance after a bad first 4 games

Gally has bveen start and stop, scored 2 games in a row, then had an off game and was dropped

Although if you read the original dickov thread I posted Dickov's Man City stats from div1 and div2 and warned people, so anyone that ignored that were probably kidding themselves.

ManCity: 158 games 38 goals

but he will probably get a hatrick on saturday now biggrin.gif , I think he has to score really to keep his place

Edited by chris

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.