SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers 0 Everton 0

philipl

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is going to be a very hard game for Rovers, who usually should be confident playing at home against, but not at the moment. I've been quite confident about our chances in previous games, but not this one. At the same time, I do think that Everton are a team that can be beaten and you never know, we might surprise ourselves.

I'm surprised the Toffees havent already got the sold out signs up on their website but as yet they haven't. However I've seen 4 or 5 of Evertons games this year including last Saturdays derby game and I still don't think they are near top 5 material. Marcus Bent up on his own with Kilbane, Cahill, Gravesen and Carsley supporting should not be the sort of line-up we are fearing in one of the best leagues in the world. All credit to Moyes and their players for showing that tactics, heart and belief can get you so far but I am sure they won't finish in the top 5.

That said it doenst take a genius Rovers fan to realise that any team in this league can cause us trouble due to our well documented faults. The hordes of Scousers behind the Darwen End will make sure that home advantage is reduced somewhat.

I'm going for 1-0 Rovers with us producing a second consecutive clean sheet . blink.gif

Kevin Kilbane 2nd in the Englsih Prem. laugh.giflaugh.gif What is the world coming to!

This sucks seeing teams like Everton and Bolton so high in the laegue , if u take alook at our squad compared them on quality of player alone we beat them hands down , its the fact there well coached and have a great team spirit

e.g Graveson/ Bazza on quality alone bazza would win every time

Emerton/Kilbane

Friedal/ Martyn- Need i go on there are them teams that just seem able with extremley limited ability to always do wel, and we arent one of them we seem too do the reverse.

Anyway less moaning 1-0 rovers Evertonds bubble has to burst

Jon Stead AKA G4 singer to break his duck

Everton's central midfield is too strong.

Graveson and Carsley will win much of the ball with their physical presence, and lay it off to Cahill who with his energy and pace will run the centre of our midfield (and defence) ragged.

I'm not sure what Hughes plans to do about this.

Personally, I just hope he plays Stead for 90 mins. Class in permanent, form is temporary. I still think this kid has the goods. We just need find someone whom he can play up-front with.

We'll probably lose 2-1, but I'd like to think we can get something out of this in front of a big home crowd.

In theory there should be little to choose between the two squads, but one is 2nd and one is 18th. It just shows how far good team spirit, and organisation can actually go.

The difference of course lies in the goals conceded column. The Toffees have conceded only 14 goals in their opening 17 fixtures, we have leaked 30 in the same time.

I am hopeful that if we survive this season Hughes will turn us round in similar fashion next season. In the meantime I expect the 2 sides to look pretty indistinguishable on Saturday despite the gulf in League positions.

1-1.

Interesting to see people are still kidding themselves that Everton's and our squad are similar in any way.

First of all as pointed out they have reliable defenders who have a track record of playing well. They also appear to have a left back.

As for midfield Gravesen is class unlike our Ferguson whose role at the moment seems to be bringing out inconsistent performances for him at the moment. He is used to be a deep lying playmaker however seems lost at many times throughout matches. He did score goals for Rangers but playing in that league it is not very difficult.

Dont particularly like Carsley but he does the dirty work of winning the ball and protecting the defence.

I could go on but with their one attacker they have something we dont- pace and also in Bent a decent finisher. Both things we lack.

Get real guys its looking very bleak- we could not even beat a really dire, Championship Palace team. It needs more than fitness to stay in this league.

Interesting to see people are still kidding themselves that Everton's and our squad are similar in any way.

First of all as pointed out they have reliable defenders who have a track record of playing well. They also appear to have a left back.

As for midfield Gravesen is class unlike our Ferguson whose role at the moment seems to be bringing out inconsistent performances for him at the moment. He is used to be a deep lying playmaker however seems lost at many times throughout matches. He did score goals for Rangers but playing in that league it is not very difficult.

Dont particularly like Carsley but he does the dirty work of winning the ball and protecting the defence.

I could go on but with their one attacker they have something we dont- pace and also in Bent a decent finisher. Both things we lack.

Get real guys its looking very bleak- we could not even beat a really dire, Championship Palace team. It needs more than fitness to stay in this league.

Is it not the basically the same team that finished 4th bottom last season. But without Rooney.Im sorry John, but our team IS just as good as theres

If I am being overly optimistic we could be a lot better.

I am not getting carried away with Everton- just pointing out that I think they have a more established squad than us.

The additions in the summer of Cahill and Bent have added a new dimension to Everton along with the introduction of a very successful tactical system which other Prem clubs are attempting to follow.

However Gravesen is a class player. Sadly our Barry is not (yet). I could go on and comparing defences would be a waste of time. There are a lot of question marks over our team like give Ferguson a few more games etc. Carsley would probably get in our line up for example. Dont know how you can say we have the same strength of talent as them. Potentially some of our players may get better- MGP and a couple others. Also you cite Bent but Cahill has proved he can play in this league and I would guess he will get better.

Edited by John

carsley and graveson versus Fergy and Flitcroft ?

looks like a midfield battle that can only be won by the wide men having a bit more space.

they have kilbane we have emerton

they have cahill we have pederson/gallagher

they have bent and ferguson we have stead/dickov and bothroyd

sad.gif

carsley and graveson versus Fergy and Flitcroft ?

looks like a midfield battle that can only be won by the wide men having a bit more space.

they have kilbane we have emerton

they have cahill we have pederson/gallagher

they have bent and ferguson we have stead/dickov and bothroyd

sad.gif

ooooooowww.

What great players Everton have got dry.gif

I bet if Everton were bottom of the league and you done that comparison.

You would replace that sad.gif with a smile.gif

We will have to watch out for Cahill. He is a "will o' the wisp", not much to him but he gets into position seemingly without the opposition noticing. Despite his lack of height, he can get up to put in some great headers.

The feeling in my waters is that this match will be tighter than some think.

We may even snatch a win.

Blimey!

I know that being an optimist goes with a ticket to Ewood but to think that we have a good chance of winning is laying it on with a trowel. It is December, Everton are second in the league. We are eighteenth.

P W D L F A Pts

Everton 17 11 3 3 21 14 36

Blackburn 17 2 8 7 16 30 14

I think a look at that "w" column might just give a blooming great hint. That goals against column might just add to it.

Bloomin' formatting, can't line up the table properly. Sack the mods!

Edited by colin

Not confident about this game at all.

Everton will get an early goal and defend the game out and hit us on the counter attack.

They have a team who defends from the front, similar to ourselves. Five stretched across the midfield and a strong, solid back four.

There's no point in hoofing long balls, Stubbs and co will take care of that.

Midfield is the key to Saturday's game. Gravesen is one to be watched who can drive the team on and also Cahill. The amount of times he gets forward and un-noticed in the box is remarkable.

Rovers 0 - 2 Everton

Attendance - 27,256

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.