BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Is Brad The Solution To Arsenals

waggy

rover.gif was listening to talksport this morning and the punters reckon arsenal will buy a new keeper this transfer window.they have been linked with brad before ,and with us needing reinforcements does anyone think brad maybe sacrificed if the gunners come in with a £3 million bid.

enckleman has been very good when he has replaced brad in the past,and i would rather lose brad instead of fergie our only other saleable asset tinykit.gif

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Duff,Dunn,Cole.........have we learnt nothing about the consequences of selling our best players!? huh.gif

Duff we hads to sell, Dunn been injured and fat for three years

Cole was a mistake to sell, but I believe forced out due to the signing of Dickov and Souness intention to play Stead and Dickov together and drop Cole, thus leading to Cole requesting a transfer(just my opinion)

had Souness gone before the summer, Cole would be a Blackburn Player and playing upfront with Stead, probably successfully, but we will never know

Duff,Dunn,Cole.........have we learnt nothing about the consequences of selling our best players!? huh.gif

Duff we hads to sell, Dunn been injured and fat for three years

Cole was a mistake to sell, but I believe forced out due to the signing of Dickov and Souness intention to play Stead and Dickov together and drop Cole, thus leading to Cole requesting a transfer(just my opinion)

had Souness gone before the summer, Cole would be a Blackburn Player and playing upfront with Stead, probably successfully, but we will never know

I have to agree that we did the right thing in selling Dunn (Dodgy hamstring and over weight) and with Duff we never had a choice, we made him the offer to stay however he wanted to try it out at the top level.

Cole was a mistake because he scores goals and still does that now. He is the type of player we miss upfront and i just hope we can sign someone to start baggin a few more goals for us

plus you have to consider that for the past 4 months John Stead has been the lead singer of G4, and thats effects his game, now X-Factor's over we will see a new John Stead and banging in some goals

have to add, Hughesy right, Todd has been quality, and Matteo looked the part on saturday, and Neill had two good games in a row, and Short is normally ok.

as they say, you always start at the back

Edited by chris

rover.gif agree with what you say,but we are in a pelerious position and maybe hughes will have to wheel and deal to get the players we need,is brad needed more than fergie tinykit.gif

Undoubtedly Brad is a great shot stopper but to be honest I'm scared every single time the opposition has a corner, cross or set piece because he just cannot command his area.

Great reactions, agility, vision etc but we concede too easily from set pieces and sometimes I wonder if we would be better off in the long run gaining a few million from him. I think it's clear to say we need a striker more than Brad in goal.

Undoubtedly Brad is a great shot stopper but to be honest I'm scared every single time the opposition has a corner, cross or set piece because he just cannot command his area.

Great reactions, agility, vision etc but we concede too easily from set pieces and sometimes I wonder if we would be better off in the long run gaining a few million from him. I think it's clear to say we need a striker more than Brad in goal.

I wouldn't say I'm as scared as you but I'd have to agree that set-pieces are Brad's weakness.

On the basis that Arsenal's weakness is set-pieces then it's be a bit backwards to sign Brad blink.gif

I don't think we'd get anything like 3M for him either.

We need to stop providing solutions for other teams and start concentrating on solving our problems first (i.e. defence, strikers and discipline)

Totally agree mate but tell that to the Ewood money men.....the mysterious faceless names who pull the strings down at Ewood from afar and who's only words spoken for the last 18 months seem to have been.....

SELL! SELL!! SELL!!! sad.gif

Great reactions, agility, vision etc but we concede too easily from set pieces and sometimes I wonder if we would be better off in the long run gaining a few million from him.  I think it's clear to say we need a striker more than Brad in goal.

I wouldn't say I'm as scared as you but I'd have to agree that set-pieces are Brad's weakness.

On the basis that Arsenal's weakness is set-pieces then it's be a bit backwards to sign Brad blink.gif

I don't think we'd get anything like 3M for him either.

Nice to know I am not alone in my thoughts. It seems the season where Brad was super human has gained him a position of God like status with some fans. I am dumbfounded how some can overlook his very obvious weaknesses. Goalkeeping's basics are somewhat lacking with Brad, he often plays like he's a hockey goalie, never coming out far from his nets and try's to use his feet too much rather than the huge frame of a body God blessed him with.

The Spurs goal against us was another shining example, just a few more steps out of his goal mouth as the cross went to Keane and he could have almost totally blocked out the target from Keane. As it was he chose to stand put, offering Robbie a large chunk of goal to aim at, plus more time to pick his spot. In fact, it is these weaknesses that makes it hard for me to believe Arsenal would ever consider paying so much, they must see it too.

While selling Brad may not sit well with a lot of fans I think 3 Million would be an excellent price. A price that if I was Mark Hughes, given our weaknesses elsewhere, I would have to seriously consider.

rover.gif do you think souness will buy him again for 7.5 tinykit.gif

We live in hope, Waggy!

Personally I don't think he's shown he's worth 7.5, what do you think?

He's not a bad player, but not a 7.5 mill one. In hindsight it was a poor transfer, we could've restructured the team a lot better than we did after Duff went. Buying Amoruso for 2 mill was even worse though.

Has anyone ever lost the plot as badly as Souness did in his last 15 months or so? ohmy.gifsad.gif

rover.gif yes i think fergie has been dissappionting but i reckon if he went in the transfer window we would only get £2-£3 million for him so we may be better keeping hold off him and off loading our other saleable asset tinykit.gif

tinykit.gif Ah yeah lets keep them long enough for the club to realise they are an asset.

Then when we sell them we can blame the current manager aka Hughes rather than the board that has employed him.

Apart from a brief period in time we have and will always be a selling club.

Oh and you're not alone Wggie.

I thought Fergison was a ###### buy from the start rover.gif

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.