BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers 2 Newcastle 2

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I won't predict but just pray for a Rovers win. To make Christmas and the New Year really special, this should prompt a run by Rovers and a complete collapse by Newcastle, resulting in us sticking two fingers up to Souness as we pass him on the way down and culminating in his sacking by Freddie Shepherd.

Oh and if they could be relgated too, pretty please!!!

Hughes bemoans the lack of flair and creativity in the team.

rolleyes.gif

I think the players should be up for this one.

Lack of flair in the team - we all know about that but at least he hasnt blamed lady luck yet.

Anyway 2-1 Rovers

Bramble 2 (og's)

Robert for them

Edited by Cocker

Rovers 3 - 3 Newcastle

Entertaining draw in an open game.

With the Souness and what reception he'll get, I probably end up giving him a bit of stick. Yes, he did give us some good memories, winning a trophy, finishing sixth and a brief spell in the UEFA Cup. But the sour memories will always stick in my mind.

If Shearer can`t play, then get him to do the draw at half time with Beamo, that way he gets a proper thanks and good-bye.

I would hope for no repeat of the boxing day nightmare that was Sunderland a year or two back, and think it will be a good entertaining game.

Rovers to win, 3-1 and that flatters Newcastle.

Far too much optimism. Not one prediction of a Rovers defeat.

Which usually means only one outcome.

I said 1-1 but I'm now going for 2-1 Newcastle.

Shearer to score twice.

got to agree with Jim here.

Ps. Jan

LET IT GO. HE IS NO LONGER WITH ROVERS

Just heard Gary Flitcrofts interview on radio rovers basically having a go at souness. He said he tried to get rid of him but he stood his ground and is loving playing for Hughes and does not want to leave.He said its no longer the same old training every day like with souness and he cant wait till boxing day.

Needs to play the likes of Todd and Flitcroft for this one, players with points to prove.

Hopefully Dickov will get at Bramble and we'll scramble home with Shearer missing.

Fergie needs to get back to his imperious best for this one.

Can't see us winning this one if we keep the same strikeforce, even the Newcastle defence shouldn't have too much problem coping with our toothless attack. Newcastle aren't on form but they do have quite a lot of pace in the side and that's not something we deal well with, the only chance we have is if we can dominate the centre of the midfield, something that's not impossible especially as Bowyer will be suspended, he's been their most impressive player in there so far. Personally, I'd line-up like this...

Friedel

Neill Todd Nissa McEveley

Emerton Ferguson Flitty MGP

Stead Gallagher

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.